“Another Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
Madison, WI
“Another Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I've reviewed the Hotel Columbia before, and have no new information regarding the hotel itself. It is a small gem in a fantastic location. My trip this year was remarkable because of the service of Scott and his staff. I won't bore readers with all the specifics, but due to some last minute scheduling changes revolving around a family illness, I needed to make a number of changes to my itinerary. The Hotel Columbia handled everything seamlessly, even though the changes I made were to its financial detriment. No questions asked, just a full helping of cheerful hospitality. Priceless! Scott, Mindy, Rhea and the entire staff know something about running a boutique hotel and making guests feel at home. It is somewhat hard to explain, but the feeling is inescable. It isn't about ostentatious luxury It is a relaxed vibe and flawless execution that will appeal to the discerning traveler. Thanks Hotel Columbia. See you next year!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Laguna Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Rooms are very nice, Just feet from the gondola and great food. Stayed here last year and coming back again later in March.

Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

We have visited Telluride for many years, but this was our first stay at the Columbia Hotel. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary. When we arrived we were pleased to find ourselves in a warm, lovingly decorated room with champagne on ice and anniversary greeting! Bed and bath were comfy and luxurious and the breakfast delectable. Of course the location can not be beat and the hotel personnel were the icing on the cake! Thank you Columbia Hotel! I almost believe you arranged the best skiing of the season just for us! Can't wait to return!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I know, I'm repeating what has already been said. If you like small, well appointed boutique hotels, with caring, professional & attentive service, and the very best location in Telluride, Hotel Columbia is the place to stay. The staff, led by assist mgr Rhea, could not have been more welcoming or attentive. We loved our 1 BR suite, just a short walk to/from the gondola and lift 8. We loved the view from our room and decks - beyond gorgeous! The included "continental" breakfast was so far superior to most that I could write 3 paragraphs just on that - in brief, daily wonderful fresh fruit, 2 hot items (a daily quiche and other meat/cheese savory, e.g. spinach & feta empanadas one morning), on-site baked bagels & bread, on-site smoked salmon, and a daily assortment of meats and cheeses which included thin slices of rare filet mignon. Oh, and did I mention great coffee too? Ok, so I gained 3 lbs on the breakfast alone! Nobody forced me and I truly enjoyed every bite, every morning! The hotel has a lovely lobby, convenient ski locker room, and a very pretty staircase with a 3 story water wall which was a nice touch (I try to take stairs whenever I can, so appreciated the light & open space). We had not been to Telluride in 25 years, and were thrilled with the accommodations & service @ Hotel Columbia - hope that we can return much sooner for another stay here. It was perfect!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

This hotel is fantastic. Long story but we were unable to make it in 2010 and wow did we miss out. Small and personable w/ a fantastic location across from the gondola. We had our own private ski locker and access to a boot dryer. The restaurant is top notch as well. Rooms were well appointed and staff was terrific. We both stay at hotels for work all over the country (100+ night each/year), Hotel Columbia is right up there w/ Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton (obviously different property types) but I would NEVER hesitate to recommend this hotel to a friend or business associate. Well done!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Fellow Travellers
This Amazing hotel is perfectly situated at the base of the free Telluride Gondola . ( every skiers dream )
The friendliness and professional attitude of all the management and staff at Columbia were beyond my belief .
I have travelled well and stayed in many hotels , and this one is without a doubt the finest .
I have already taken great pride in expressing all the wonderful attributes of Hotel Columbia , to my friends and fellow skiers .
Kind Regards
Stephen
Brisbane Australia

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

This was our second stay at Hotel Columbia. We loved it so much last year, we decided to return this year. The staff is so friendly that I felt like I was coming home. Love them all. The hotel is very clean and housekeeping does an excellent job. Dinner at The Cosmopolitan was delicious. Will definitely eat there again on our next stay at Hotel Columbia.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Columbia? Share your experiences!