“You fail! Julie Denny” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Conifer
“You fail! Julie Denny”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a non visit review - as, I couldn't even get past the booking to encounter this horrible experience!

I made a reservation via Booking.com early in March. I knew at the time of the booking, that I would be subject to a 2 night deposit. What I DIDN'T know, is that when I cancelled the reservation the next day (friends opted out of coming), that The Inn at Lost Creek, would not only "NOT" refund my $824, but they charged me twice, and then told me that they didn't. Booking.com sent over my cancellation the same day I cancelled - however, no record of it at the Inn.

If I have contacted this property once, I have 10 times. I talked to reservations, left messages for the InnKeeper.... only to be told, Ms. Denny is on vacation, Ms. Denny isn't in her office, and then when they finally transferred me to Ms. Denny's Voicemail, she never returned my call.

Horrible business practices - bad enough that my reservation wasn't cancelled, bad enough that they didn't want to tell me, "sorry" we made a horrible error, bad enough that I had to continue to contact them to refund my deposit, and then bad enough I had to spend more time disputing the charge so I didn't have to pay the additional $824 to my credit card company.

What I find the worse, is that their staff basically called me a liar - regardless that I had my card statement in hand ready to fire off in an email - and that the InnKeeper, could not take 5 minutes out of her day to contact me.

During this three week time period, the more I thought about the situation the madder I got. Ironic, via TA, this property was offering a 10% discount, for mentioning TA during the reservation process. I called back to reservations, and inquired, "with the amount of time spent trying resolve these charges, how about offering me a 20% discount, and I'll book our stay here since the condo we rented, they doubled our fee as they "didn't know" it was a festival weekend". This would equate to approx. $70 total, per night discount - or really nothing, since they increase their fees due to the event anyway... Well my friend Brittany in reservations, again tells me, that will be up to the InnKeeper, Ms. Denny.

Needless to say, I did finally get my $824 back, disputed the second $824 with my credit card - called one last time to Brittany in reservations to see about a discounted stay, and hum, she no longer works there, and.... never heard back from the InnKeeper, Ms. Denny. Maybe there is no InnKeeper, maybe Ms. Denny does not exist - who knows.... I do know that a respectable business, would want to do the right thing.... and reach out to a customer that has had a bad experience.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall, it was great. Last year, when Shane manned the front desk, we had such an amazing and welcoming time, we felt obligated to return. This year, our stay was fine, but not the awesome experience we enjoyed last year. The wait staff and housekeeping were superb as always, just one mishap with labeling our skis with someone else's name and room number. The desk workers were accommodating but not the friendly welcoming experience of last year.
Breakfast was the biggest disappointment. No one told us vouchers were required. If they would put a 'please wait to be seated' sign at the entrance of the seating area, this would prevent a lot of confusion. I know the restaurant is independent of the Inn but the meal is included and the restaurant is an extension of your services. Two wait staff at breakfast is not enough, especially if they are also restocking the buffet. If the restaurant is going to advertise to passers by, they should hire more staff. The one morning there was a third (possibly a manger) it ran much more smoothly. I'm afraid next year we may try a different venue.

Lenox, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent the last week of March at the amazing Inn at Lost Creek with a friend - we were both celebrating "milestone" birthdays.

From the moment we arrived, we knew we had made the right choice for accommodations in Telluride. Bret at the Front Desk greeted us as if we were old friends or family. I work in hospitality management and have traveled extensively, so I notice everything. The property is immaculate and the staff inviting, warm, professional and on-top of their game, 24/7.

Every minute of everyday was terrific. Each morning we were greeted by the enthusiastic Front Office team Kevin, Dan, Laura, Emily - all excellent and so incredibly helpful and courteous. Breakfast each morning in the Siam Talay was superb. Delicious food and so many options. The staff there welcomed us daily and we spent breakfast sharing stories with other VERY HAPPY guests. Thanks especially to Tyler who was so sweet and sincere. She made sure out bacon was crisp, our coffee was hot and that we left breakfast each morning fully satisfied.

The Ski Valet and Bell Services crew were also incredibly helpful and friendly! Special thanks to Weldon! He went the extra mile for us on many occasions!

The Inn at Lost Creek staff excellence runs deep and among the finest and hardest working people are the housekeeping staff. We really enjoyed spending a few minutes each day speaking with Monica. She couldn't have done a better job if she tried. Our room was immaculately cleaned by her (and Anna) each day, and they were kind enough to work around our crazy days of being in/out of the room at all hours. True professionals with guest service skills you don't often find in other properties. The cookies, flowers in the room, and they met every one of our special requests with a smile and a "my pleasure."

Maddie in the bar was funny and friendly and made some of the best drinks I've ever tasted.

Finally, back to the evening Front Desk Superstar, Bret. This man knows how to provide unparalleled customer service. He is super cool and was helpful to a level that I have not experienced before in my many years of travel. Not just someone who is helping you navigate your way through a week of vacation, but an instant friend, someone who really cares about the people he comes in contact with. He's quite a character and someone you want to hang-out with - he knows Telluride inside/out.

Kudos to Innkeeper, Julie Denny and the entire staff at the Inn at Lost Creek. Not only will I be back, but I will tell everyone I know how awesome you and your beautiful property are. THANK YOU!!

Green Features: Really appreciated the recycle bins and eco-friendly amenities in the rooms!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Santa Fe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice 1 bedroom hotel room. Super clean and well appointed. The staff was very friend and helpful. Ski-in and ski-out location with incredible views. The ski valet had our skis on a rack outside each morning and he put them away each night. The ski lift and a gondola were just a few steps away.

hospitality exceeded our expectations
great hotel any time of the year
everything is walking distance of the Inn
amazing breakfast
Telluride is a magical place on Earth
The Inn@LC provided half-price list tickets
we are very excited to return next year

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My son and I stayed at the inn at Lost creek over Easter weekend. What a great hotel perfect location and the staff is amazing they had our ski's ready every morning without even asking. Breakfast is great I would highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are very nice and comfortable with a steam shower in the bathroom.

Room Tip: We were in room 501 great views