Our second stay at the Inn at Lost Creek in March of 2013. The impact of the financial wows a couple of years earlier had a noticeable impact on services. The concierge lacked the professionalism present during our visit in 2002 and lacked knowledge of Telluride. Maid service was omitted one day. The on premises restaurant 9545 was a weak breakfast and lunch option and was no longer operating during dinner. We were interested in an after dinner cocktail at 8PM and the bar on the premises was not open as is did not operate with any consistent hours.
The Inn is within walking distance of the Gondola and is a true ski in ski out with monitored ski lockers. We stayed in a suite that had high vaulted ceilings, bountiful living space, kitchenette and a large bathing area. Our views were sensational. The facility remains plush, with minor deferred maintenance issues that admittedly I was looking for. We got an excellent price for this accommodation by making advanced commitments ahead of the season.
What is very odd and suspicious is that I am writing this review to replace a review timely submitted for a March 2013 ski trip. When I logged onto my TripAdvisor account, I noticed that my review of the Inn at Lost Creek was cleared of all ratings and commentary. When I logged onto the the Tripadvisor page for the Inn at Lost Creek all reviews prior to May of 2013 have been purged. My original rating was an overall very good, given the "monkey business" with purged reviews I lowered it to average. My original very good rating also reflected substantial discounting that we received by advance booking of our room.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Lost Creek Hotel
- The Inn At Lost Creek Hotel Telluride
- Hotel At Lost Creek
- At Lost Creek Telluride
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate. Cozy. Special.The Inn at Lost Creek is a luxury boutique hotel with highly personalized services and with only 29 suites/condos and 3 studios a sense of intimacy is realized. All suites have kitchenettes, jetted tubs, steam showers and washer dryers. Condos feature full kitchens and well-appointed living areas with dining room. All condo units have mountain views as do most one bedroom suites. The Inn offers a principal position in Mountain Village, offering direct golf access in the summer and during winter the premier ski in/out location in Telluride. The gondola connecting Telluride and Mountain Village is steps away, as are numerous excellent choices for dining, shopping, and places to just gaze at the beautiful scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Inn at Lost Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.