“Still Lovely, But...” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New Hope, Pennsylvania
“Still Lovely, But...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our second stay at the Inn at Lost Creek in March of 2013. The impact of the financial wows a couple of years earlier had a noticeable impact on services. The concierge lacked the professionalism present during our visit in 2002 and lacked knowledge of Telluride. Maid service was omitted one day. The on premises restaurant 9545 was a weak breakfast and lunch option and was no longer operating during dinner. We were interested in an after dinner cocktail at 8PM and the bar on the premises was not open as is did not operate with any consistent hours.

The Inn is within walking distance of the Gondola and is a true ski in ski out with monitored ski lockers. We stayed in a suite that had high vaulted ceilings, bountiful living space, kitchenette and a large bathing area. Our views were sensational. The facility remains plush, with minor deferred maintenance issues that admittedly I was looking for. We got an excellent price for this accommodation by making advanced commitments ahead of the season.

What is very odd and suspicious is that I am writing this review to replace a review timely submitted for a March 2013 ski trip. When I logged onto my TripAdvisor account, I noticed that my review of the Inn at Lost Creek was cleared of all ratings and commentary. When I logged onto the the Tripadvisor page for the Inn at Lost Creek all reviews prior to May of 2013 have been purged. My original rating was an overall very good, given the "monkey business" with purged reviews I lowered it to average. My original very good rating also reflected substantial discounting that we received by advance booking of our room.

Room Tip: The suites are much roomier and superior to the standard rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, Owner at The Inn at Lost Creek, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review last March and reposting it again. The reason that your review in March was taken off is that the Telluride Ski & Golf Company purchased the Inn last May and per Trip Advisor policy when a business is purchased the previous reviews can be taken off the site. Only Trip Advisor can take reviews off and I assure you that there was no “monkey business.”

Since taking over the Inn we have made several improvements including: renovating the restaurant into Siam’s Talay Grill an Asian Seafood and Tapas restaurant, we have upgraded the breakfast buffet and included it in the room rate, several suites have been upgraded with new sofa beds, we are installing a DirecTV system next month, improved the HVAC system, every guest room has been basically stripped and deep cleaned, upgraded the coffee makers in suites, and we have more planned in 2014.

We do hope that when you visit Telluride again that you will stay with us!
Kind regards,
Jim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Castle Rock, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our stay was a quick weekend getaway to see the aspen color in the San Juan mountains, and enjoy Telluride during one of its "shoulder seasons," when things are pretty quiet. The staff was helpful and courteous as mentioned in other reviews, however, the room that we were in was a bit cramped. The queen size bed was almost too large for the room, and the sitting area was also very compact. The couch/sleeper sofa was showing its age and needs to be replaced.

Room Tip: Make sure you know how much room you have to move around and place luggage.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Inn at Lost Creek for a conference that was being held in Mountain Village. This hotel was beautiful! Not only that but it is located so close to the gondola and the surrounding shops I never had to walk too far. I stayed in a studio which was perfect for me. The room felt so comfortable and homey and included so many things like a kitchenette, washer/dryer, jetted tub and much more. When I walked into the room I was greeted with fresh orchids on the bed and in the bathroom. The hotel is starting to show it's age in the lobby and dining room but they more then made up for it with the service. Both desk agents that I spoke with were so helpful and sweet. The bellmen were great taking my bags to and from my room and having my car ready to go when I checked out. Even the servers in the restaurant were wonderful. The breakfast server on my last morning informed me that they will be going through a renovation before they open for the Ski Season. What lucky folks those will be that get to stay there when they reopen! If I ever have the pleasure of getting to go back to Telluride/Mountain Village I will definitely choose the Inn at Lost Creek again!

Room Tip: My room had only a view of the hotel next to us but my last morning it snowed so even that looked be...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Inn is located in a convenient area of Mountain Village especially with the gondolas nearby heading up the mountain or to the nearby grocery shopping plaza. The front desk staff was friendly, professional, and helpful. The room was nicely furnished and looked new. The bathroom was spotless and smelled clean and fresh. The views from the room were spectacular with great views of the awesome mountains. The small bar was a cozy spot at night, and the lady behind the bar was a great source of information on the history and activities in the area. The breakfast buffet needs some management attention as there were shortages of food both mornings, and there were not enough tables for the morning rush of guests. The food staff was disorganized and overwhelmed by all the people coming in at the same time. The parking valet was outgoing, prompt, and helpful. We hope to return soon to the Telluride area, and the Inn will be high on our list of consideration for accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Inn after throwing darts at a list of local lodgings. We got lucky. From our call to the front desk booking rooms, to when we finally checked out, it was one pleasant surprise after another. First, we were upgraded to a beautiful, larger room, with a balcony and fireplace. Front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. The young bellman was outstanding. Location is perfect, with access to the town by gondola. We definitely plan to return for a longer stay. Our compliments to management and staff!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

You MUST stay here if you come to telluride! The staff is incredible - so kind and friendly. Made us feel right at home. We were upgraded to a beautiful junior suite on our anniversary! It was wonderful in every way. It is worth it to stay here!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Delta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My stay was so comfortable and the staff were on hand to take care of all of the details. I had a very relaxing stay and really enjoyed Telluride. The food in the Thai restaurant was exceptional. The service there was brilliant too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to The Inn at Lost Creek? Share your experiences!