“Outstanding Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Cedaredge, Colorado
“Outstanding Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We commonly travel to Telluride/Mountain Village for our anniversary. This year, we found a room at the Inn at Lost Creek. Of all the places we have stayed, this was easily the best. The mini suite had all the amenities including a whirlpool tub, and a separate shower with a steam generator. It was quiet, and comfortable, and the staff was outstanding. They served a buffet breakfast. We’ve never booked the same place twice, but next year may be an exception.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My boyfriend stayed at the Inn while visiting Telluride for the first time. The first thing I can comment on is the staff. They were very welcoming, especially Victor the bellman. He had me laughing from the get go, and that's always a good thing. Our room was great, fireplace, roman tub, steam shower, mini fridge, comfy bed, & flat screen TV. It snowed that night, so we woke up to the beautiful mountains, with autumn leaves still on the trees. It was like a picture book right out our window. Breakfast was yummy. Great place to stay, and we would for sure return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very well appointed junior suite- fireplace, jacuzzi/bathtub, shower/steamroom, washer & drier, refrigerator, microwave, fruit, nice toiletries, 2 tvs, terrace, robes & slippers. Good breakfast, too. Gondola nearby to go down to Telluride. Excellent hiking nearby. Be aware, though, there us no overnight street parking. You will need to leave your car in their parking lot at additional cost. The hotel staff is friendly & helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This place is located right next to the ski lift in Mountain Village. The staff from start to finish exuded hospitality, it was so freshing! I loved the feel of Inn at Lost Creek, it was an updated condo with amazing views and great touches.It was nice to have a kitchen, cozy fireplace and 2 bathrooms. We also decided to try their restaurant Siam Talay and we loved the Ocean-Thai experience. I highly recommend the mushrooms and also the scallops. If we could have stayed longer we would have. This place has much more of an upscale boutique feel than a large hotel where you go unnoticed! I can't wait to come back with my family and snowboard, too.

Room Tip: You can pull out the couch for an extra bed!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Welsh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Thanks to The Inn at Lost Creek for making our first Colorado vacation so wonderful. The staff was awesome. Friendly and helpful. They went out of there way to make sure we enjoyed the whole experience. The sights were beautiful and the inn could not have been nicer. It was clean, charming and relaxing. We hope to return someday soon.
Rhoda and Mark R, Welsh LA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've been traveling for business and vacations for many years, but this is the first review I've ever written. Our experience was so good that I felt compelled to do so. My wife and I stayed at the Inn at Lost Creek for 3 nights, Sept. 22-25. Our original plan was to stay 2 nights, but our experience was so great we stayed a 3rd night. We stayed in one of the studio suites and the room was one of the nicest we've stayed in. That's a pretty stout comparison considering we've stayed at many upscale hotels in the past. The moment you drive up the road to the entrance you know you're staying at a special place. The lobby was warm and welcoming, with an assist by the fireplace. The room was very roomy and comfortable, included a small kitchenette with a fridge and a balcony with table and chairs. Very, very nice, and very reasonable rates. We took advantage of the private rooftop hot tub which came with a starlit sky that I've rarely experienced.

While the room was very impressive, we were swept away by the views of Mountain Village and Telluride. We also spent a night in Durango and rode the train to Silverton, which was a great experience with some amazing views. However, the 360 degree majesty and beauty of the area was breathtaking. Snow the day before we arrived was still present on the mountain tops, and combined with the aspens turning, we picked a perfect time to be here. I'm sure it's equally beautiful in the Winter, but we are not fond of colder weather vacations. I played golf at the Mountain Village Golf Course and we must've taken 50+ pictures that afternoon alone! Blew away the scenery I've experienced at all courses I've played, except Pebble Beach...which is an obviously unique course from a scenery perspective. The Gondola, which is free, between Mountain Village and Telluride was convenient and provided many more breathtaking views.

What sets the Inn at Lost Creek apart from other Hotels we've stayed is the service. Charlie met us when we pulled up and immediately made an impression with his courteous and helpful customer service skills. When we came down for dinner, he guided us outside towards the gondola station. The rock path from the hotel to the sidewalk was dimly lit, especially when your eyes haven't had time to adjust. Charlie guided us down the path and we had dinner at the Tom Boy Tavern. While we were there, Charlie showed up...with a flashlight for us to use on our way back. Wow. I told him I might be interested in playing golf the next day and he told me what time to meet him in the lobby. When we got up the next AM, I realized that I had forgotten slacks or dress shorts, a problem given the no-denim policy at the course. Charlie drove us down to the course and after looking for some reasonably priced shorts in the Pro Shop, Charlie told us to come with him, that he knew a place where I could buy some shorts. I was willing to pay the $75 at the Pro Shop, but he convinced us we could do better. We were back in 30 minutes after a short drive to a Telluride thrift shop, where my wife (a VERY picky shopper) emerged with a nice pair of shorts....for $5!!! That "above and beyond" service completely took my wife and I aback.

Everyone we met at the hotel was amazing, but besides Charlie, additional special kudos to Laura at the front desk, and Kesha at the restaurant where the free continental breakfast (which was outstanding) was served. All were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Bottom line, the service here was outstanding, only rivaled by cruise ship staff that we've sailed with in the past. We felt pampered and valued our entire stay. I would highly recommend the Inn at Lost Creek and we would stay there again and again, and again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim M, General Manager at The Inn at Lost Creek, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thamnk you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are especially proud of our excellent staff. Charlie does a great job providing outstanding service. We hope you will come visit us again soon.
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you're looking for a getaway in Colorado, and want to see some of the most beautiful, scenic places in our state, Telluride is definitely worth a visit. My husband and I decided to do a "babymoon" and it was our first time to visit Telluride. We took our standard poodle for hikes, walked, ate at many unique restaurants, all the things that tourists do... and it was an AMAZING experience!! We stayed at the Inn at Lost Creek. The PERFECT location, as the gondola is just outside the front door steps! The service, top notch! The View, can't be beat. We highly recommend staying at The Inn at Lost Creek. The rooms are spacious and you really can't beat the location!! -- Christine Chang/7News (ABC) Denver

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn at Lost Creek? Share your experiences!