I've been traveling for business and vacations for many years, but this is the first review I've ever written. Our experience was so good that I felt compelled to do so. My wife and I stayed at the Inn at Lost Creek for 3 nights, Sept. 22-25. Our original plan was to stay 2 nights, but our experience was so great we stayed a 3rd night. We stayed in one of the studio suites and the room was one of the nicest we've stayed in. That's a pretty stout comparison considering we've stayed at many upscale hotels in the past. The moment you drive up the road to the entrance you know you're staying at a special place. The lobby was warm and welcoming, with an assist by the fireplace. The room was very roomy and comfortable, included a small kitchenette with a fridge and a balcony with table and chairs. Very, very nice, and very reasonable rates. We took advantage of the private rooftop hot tub which came with a starlit sky that I've rarely experienced.
While the room was very impressive, we were swept away by the views of Mountain Village and Telluride. We also spent a night in Durango and rode the train to Silverton, which was a great experience with some amazing views. However, the 360 degree majesty and beauty of the area was breathtaking. Snow the day before we arrived was still present on the mountain tops, and combined with the aspens turning, we picked a perfect time to be here. I'm sure it's equally beautiful in the Winter, but we are not fond of colder weather vacations. I played golf at the Mountain Village Golf Course and we must've taken 50+ pictures that afternoon alone! Blew away the scenery I've experienced at all courses I've played, except Pebble Beach...which is an obviously unique course from a scenery perspective. The Gondola, which is free, between Mountain Village and Telluride was convenient and provided many more breathtaking views.
What sets the Inn at Lost Creek apart from other Hotels we've stayed is the service. Charlie met us when we pulled up and immediately made an impression with his courteous and helpful customer service skills. When we came down for dinner, he guided us outside towards the gondola station. The rock path from the hotel to the sidewalk was dimly lit, especially when your eyes haven't had time to adjust. Charlie guided us down the path and we had dinner at the Tom Boy Tavern. While we were there, Charlie showed up...with a flashlight for us to use on our way back. Wow. I told him I might be interested in playing golf the next day and he told me what time to meet him in the lobby. When we got up the next AM, I realized that I had forgotten slacks or dress shorts, a problem given the no-denim policy at the course. Charlie drove us down to the course and after looking for some reasonably priced shorts in the Pro Shop, Charlie told us to come with him, that he knew a place where I could buy some shorts. I was willing to pay the $75 at the Pro Shop, but he convinced us we could do better. We were back in 30 minutes after a short drive to a Telluride thrift shop, where my wife (a VERY picky shopper) emerged with a nice pair of shorts....for $5!!! That "above and beyond" service completely took my wife and I aback.
Everyone we met at the hotel was amazing, but besides Charlie, additional special kudos to Laura at the front desk, and Kesha at the restaurant where the free continental breakfast (which was outstanding) was served. All were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Bottom line, the service here was outstanding, only rivaled by cruise ship staff that we've sailed with in the past. We felt pampered and valued our entire stay. I would highly recommend the Inn at Lost Creek and we would stay there again and again, and again.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Lost Creek Hotel
- The Inn At Lost Creek Hotel Telluride
- Hotel At Lost Creek
- At Lost Creek Telluride
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate. Cozy. Special.The Inn at Lost Creek is a luxury boutique hotel with highly personalized services and with only 29 suites/condos and 3 studios a sense of intimacy is realized. All suites have kitchenettes, jetted tubs, steam showers and washer dryers. Condos feature full kitchens and well-appointed living areas with dining room. All condo units have mountain views as do most one bedroom suites. The Inn offers a principal position in Mountain Village, offering direct golf access in the summer and during winter the premier ski in/out location in Telluride. The gondola connecting Telluride and Mountain Village is steps away, as are numerous excellent choices for dining, shopping, and places to just gaze at the beautiful scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Amex, EasyToBook, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Inn at Lost Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.