“Great Location, Easy To Get To Skiing, and Close To Gondola” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Telluride
Aspen Ridge
You added Aspen Ridge to your Saves list
100 Aspen Ridge, Telluride, CO 81435   |
Chicago
“Great Location, Easy To Get To Skiing, and Close To Gondola”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

We booked a 3 bedroom home at Aspen Ridge through their management company for a stay during the holidays. The reservationist was very helpful and took a long time to help me choose a unit. My family only gets on vacation a couple of times a year, so I like to be sure that it is going to be great. Upon arrival, we had been given a code for the door lock so we could go directly to the unit. This was very nice after a long travel day. A person from the company saw us arriving and came over to welcome us - it was also a nice touch.

We were very happy with the unit that we had booked. The living room was spacious and setup well with plenty of places to sit. The kitchen was large and well-stocked. The unit was very clean - I can usually find something that was missed, but not in this case. The best though was the location. The reservationist had told me how easy it would be to get to skiing and it really was. Aspen Ridge has units that are right on the ski run and other units that are just back from the run in a 2nd row. Our unit was in the row that was not right on the ski run, but it only took us a couple of minutes to follow the path to the slopes each day.

Other things worth mentioning are the views from our unit, the garage that is part of the unit, and the indoor hottub. On the downside, the bedrooms were a little tight and the internet was a little complicated to use. If we get back Telluride, we would definitely stay at Aspen Ridge again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stayed at an Aspen Ridge townhome over the July 4th weekend. Our party of five included my husband and I plus our two children and my father. This unit fit us all perfectly. The Aspen Ridge complex is comprised of around 30 units, some of which offer very impressive views. The best views seem to come from units 15 and 16 at the end of the cul-de-sac. They're all individually owned and it seems like some are managed differently. We booked our stay through hotels.com and were routed to San Sophia properties to get our check-in details. We were given a code to the front door ahead of time and had no issues checking in. Everything was clean and tidy, and they provided shampoo, soap, hair dryers, even laundry detergent...more than I was expecting.

Our unit (#2) was one of the 'smaller' ones, with three beds and three baths. There are only four of these smaller units on the property, the rest are larger with hot tubs. For our unit (and it looked like this was the case for all), the lower level has a one-car garage, king bedroom and full bathroom with steam shower. The second level has a large great room area with family room, dining area and newly updated kitchen with granite countertops and tile floor, plus a bedroom with two twin beds and full bath with shower. The third level is a loft with full-size washer/dryer and large master suite with king bed and master bath with dual sinks and jetted tub. There is a deck off the second level with a BBQ grill. On the lower level there is plenty of space in the entryway to hang coats, skis, boots, etc. if you visit during ski season.

The complex is surrounded by aspen trees and feels very private. It is located within easy walking distance to the core of Mountain Village, close to the free gondolas. One gondola takes you to the end of Mountain Village, where there is a nice market with a full range of reasonably-priced groceries. The other gondola takes you into Telluride, in a very scenic 12-minute ride over the mountain. This free transportation is incredibly handy, as the 15-20 minute drive into Telluride takes you around the mountain and is less direct. We visited in the summer and everything was green and gorgeous. There are a lot of shops and restaurants in Mountain Village and we hardly used our car at all. Even in the winter this location is great, and you could walk to some of the ski lifts.

If you want plenty of room and all the amentities of home I would highly recommend Aspen Ridge. Because the units are owned and managed differently, it is probably a good idea to make sure you have all the check-in details figured out before you arrive, to avoid what another reviewer went through. But now that the units have door codes and not keys I would think most check-in issues could be avoided.

Telluride is such a fun town, and staying in Mountain Village gives you great access to both the town and ski areas. I highly recommend their Fourth of July celebration complete with parade, BBQ in the park and fireworks in one of the most scenic towns in Colorado.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

I would suggest you avoid booking this condo/timeshare at all costs. I did and here is what happened. Before we traveled there, we called 2 times and sent 2 e-mail messages asking if they allowed pets--we have a dog. Never received a reply or a return call. THAT should have been taken as a sign.

The directions we were given were wrong. Nothing was where the directions said the units should be. Turned out they had a Right turn where a Left turn was needed. (easy enough to do, but of basic importance if you want to get there. The turn problem was in the middle of the directions, not at the beginning where it depended upon which direction you were coming from.)

The directions said there would be a lockbox on the condo and gave a code to access the lockbox. Problem was there was no lockbox, anywhere near the unit. Also, for timeshare folks, there was no office or person available. I showed up at 4:15 (can't check in before 4) I called the number on the Interval International(II) confirmation--answering machine saying leave a message. I called the number on the II website for this unit. Again, no person, just a recording. For checkin, it told me to go to another condo complex 8 miles away (yes 8 miles) look for another lockbox and open it with a code given and get my key and unit information out of it. Finally found the lockbox, nothing in it. no lock. "For emergencies" the message said call another number. I did and a person answered--wow we might be making progress. NO. They had nothing to do with Aspen Ridge and knew nothing about my confirmed reservation. BUT they were willing to sell me a hotel room!!!

After 3 hours trying to find the place, calling every number II gave me and that the website for Aspen Ridge said call, I could not get into the unit and could not get anyone to answer a phone to tell me how to get in. I left messages at several numbers to call us ASAP.

BUT, I did not give up. Instead, I went around to every unit in that complex--about 30 of them and rang the doorbells. NO ONE ANSWERED. How can nobody be there? We called II and asked for their help. They called all the numbers they had and got the same "nobody here, call back or leave a message" messages. Finally we gave up.

BUT, the story continues. The next day, after receiving NO calls from anyone at Aspen Ridge from the several messages we left trying to get in, we called the numbers again and Eureka! someone answered. I won't bore you with the details of the conversation but they blamed everything on II (For instance they claimed that they had nothing to do with the instructions on how to get into the unit--where lockbox was, combination to the lockbox, etc) I asked them if they thought someone from II woke up at 3AM one morning and made up the directions and how to get into the unit, or if they got the directions and access information from Aspen Ridge????????? They changed their story about how to get in, who to call , which numbers to call, how many people were staying there, what their office hours were several times during a 20 minute call. It was difficult to keep up with all the different stories Keith was telling. I think he had trouble remembering which story he was telling this time. He did say that the unit was still available if we wanted to drive back to Telluride and check in. However, he could offer no other compensation or explanation of why we could not get into the unit or get anyone to answer a phone @ 4:15 on check in day. He did say he had our reservation.

In short, I would REALLY suggest you not book this resort under any conditions. We traveled almost 500 miles to stay there and had to drive the same distance back home because no one was there to let us in or answered the phone to give us information or let us in their resort.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
keithhampton, General Manager at Aspen Ridge, responded to this review, August 15, 2010
This was a very difficult situation that was bad for the guest and for Aspen Ridge. This guest had booked his stay through Interval International (II) which is a timeshare trade company. They organize trades between owners of timeshare units around the country. Aspen Ridge and the management of Aspen Ridge have no affiliation with II. Unfortunately, II had very old contact information for Aspen Ridge which had not been updated for many years. An owner at Aspen Ridge submitted one of their weeks for trade and it was picked up by this guest. We received a notice from II via fax that this guest would be coming, but we received no cantact information of any sort.

All of the phone numbers that the guest was given by II were out of date which meant that none of our guest services people received any calls that there was a problem. We have made a tremendous effort to work with II over the past year, but they still have not fully updated their information. However, there have been a number of upgrades at Aspen Ridge which should avoid this situation in the future including a new electronic lock system. Any guests who book through these sorts of trade type services should be sure to contact the property prior to arrival to be sure that they have up-to-date contact information, arrival/departure instructions, and directions.

Been to Aspen Ridge? Share your experiences!