“Intimate, friendly and cool.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
25% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
Superior, Colorado
“Intimate, friendly and cool.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Small hotel with friendly, attentive staff. Everything you need. We had lovely suite. Small workout room but adequate. If you have car valet parking only but staff is always there with water, umbrellas or if your car is dirty they rinse it off for you. Honestly, it is so nice to be at a hotel where they know your name and are helpful in terms of your vacation interests. We were there in the summer but this property is ski in/out and they have a ski valet as well. Bar is open for sushi and tapas in the afternoon and evening. Nice breakfast included. All and all a real find. Keep in mind that it is up the mountain is ski village so to get to town you have to drive or take the gondola in to town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had lot of fun at Lumiere. Have stayed at all different kind of hotels rating from 5 start to 3.5 star across world, but Lumiere is the best customer service i have ever seen in United States.
Breakfast is awesome, location is great and service is fabulous. My 5 year old son had a blast. He had made friends with managers, staff etc. They loved having him around and enjoyed playing with him which i have never seen anywhere else.
Rooms have Microwave, fridge, utensils for your take homes or evening snacks. This helps with kids. Good bed and linens. Fabulous price.
Our room was in 4th floor, had great view (Standard room with Kind bed). Just 10 steps away from Mountain town center which is beautiful to walk around. Small walk to Gondola.
Have a small hot tub and a soaking pool for relaxing after hike or ski.
Valet service was awesome. Had great service from Trevor, Jose and others (sorry don't remember names, my son knows them all by name)
In and all perfect experience.

Room Tip: Standard room should be sufficient.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I travel a lot and stay at a wide variety of properties, and Lumiere is a new favorite. These folks understand hospitality- friendly, but professional. Cheerful, but not silly.

I rode up on my motorcycle, scanning for a place to park, when the bellman walked up the driveway, calling me by name (they hadn't met me) and directing my to a perfect spot they'd been saving for my bike.

I had requested some chilled beer for my room- they brought a growler of local brew- delicious and thoughtful. I had expected to pay a lot for that service, but when I checked out, it was VERY reasonable- let them do it for you!

Property spotless and demonstrates the pride with which it's managed. I'd love to return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Superior, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We were absolutely pampered through and through by every single staff member. We arrived with a camping vehicle full of everything, and the valet didn't blink an eye to unload and help us to the suite without a problem. The accommodations are everything and more, and so is every staff member. There were delicious warm baked goods as we walked from one place to another, and the complimentary breakfast in the chic and comfortable social area was more than expected. Wow is all I can say and we will be back!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I planned a 4 day engagement weekend and wanted a nice place to stay, a special place that would be memorable. Lumiere exceeded my expectations in so many ways! Part of the planning was surprise and the staff helped coordinate every detail perfectly. The suite was beautiful and the service was impeccable. We loved that we could go to dinner and not worry about getting back in time to catch the spa open - it never closes. The breakfast was more than we expected and it was awesome to have a warm healthy meal before heading to the trail. We will return to Lumiere many times I am sure. It is truly Incredible and unforgettable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My partner and I just stayed at Lumiere Hotel for the Telluride Bluegrass Festival and I could not have been more impressed!

- From the time we arrived late on Wednesday night, Kyle greeted us in our car and welcomed us to the hotel. He took care of getting our bags up to our room, took us on a tour of the property and could not have been more friendly and excited to have us staying for the weekend.

- Again, the entire staff was incredibly attentive and actively engaged us at every opportunity (don't worry, not in that annoying fakey kind of way). they all just genuinely were interested in us having a terrific hotel stay and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed. Basically ask and ye shall receive!

- Our room was spacious and in fact, they upgraded us to the penthouse suite (2 story, 3 bedrooms) so we REALLY felt spoiled!

- The overall facility is well maintained and they pay close attention to detail. The bar and pool area are a nice getaway and be sure and order some sushi or buffalo sliders with that bottle of wine!

Bottom line, I've stayed at many great hotels all over the world, and the staff at Lumiere Hotel really BLEW ME AWAY! I will definitely be back next year

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My college age daughter and I stayed at the Lumiere during the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. The Festival can feel a bit crowded and rough around the edges, but with fabulous music. So the Lumiere felt like a slice of heaven, far from the madding crowd. The Little Bar sushi is not to be missed. We loved the "Powder Roll." Our room was upgraded and was stunningly beautiful and comfortable - with a fabulous kitchen, bath and view of the mountains. The hotel staff as friendly and as attentive as I have ever encountered. They remembered our names, always greeted us with a pleasant demeanor and provided patient help with our bicycles (even providing the necessary duct tape repairs), mountain biking trails, hiking destinations, restaurants and logistics. We will be back, God willing the creek don't rise! Annie M

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lumiere Hotel? Share your experiences!