“Beautiful Suite and Beautiful View” 5 of 5 stars

15% off summer stays
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Telluride
Certificate of Excellence 2014
colorado
“Beautiful Suite and Beautiful View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights July 15-19. And I have to say, it was perfect. It's hard to call it a room or even a condo-- thanks to an upgrade we ended up in a unit bigger than my home! My teens were thrilled that it didn't have a room number rather a name "Wilson".
Honestly it was way too much space for 6 people, but every kid was thrilled to have their own space and not have to share rooms or bathrooms (did I say there were 5?) The kitchen was huge. Dish set up was odd--very hard to reach in a corner. I had to climb up on the counter to reach the bowls!
Beds comfortable, place super clean, and location was convenient to get to near by restaurants and the gondola.
Very very quiet location which was what we were looking for. We had to do the 2 elevator transfer as well, but the assorted treats left out on the table (apple cinnamon cake, blueberry bread, chocolate cupcakes and cookies) that we walked past during the transfer made it bearable.
Lastly, the staff is amazing and jumped to help with everything! I think my entire family would recommend Lumiere.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with it's own hot tub, we'd say go for it! All 4 teenagers thought th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

we stayed at Lumiere for 5 nights It was truly wonderful!!!!! Location was excellent - quiet but very handy to all areas including the goldola.The room was good with a bar area that enabled us to we have our light breakfasts and wine /snacks We enjoyed the balcony with the super view.The bathroom exceeded my expectations .
Best of all, was the staff-unbeleivable service from all the concierges,parking attendents and maids .We were very late on the night of arrival and Megan helped us with bags etc.(even cooked us a pizza) for very late dinner. Britney was forever helpful with our car situation and Emily with the Wine Festival and golf. Clare seemed to manage everything with such "ease". These folks are really an asset to this property. We felt like being home with the finest service at hand. Would definitely recommend Lumiere Hotel.

Room Tip: room with balcony facing mountains
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel with beautiful rooms and a very friendly, attentive staff. There are a few quirks (like having to take 2 elevators to get to our room), but overall a very pleasant stay. I would return should I ever visit Telluride again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I wanted somewhere special to stay during our 10th anniversary celebration weekend...and lumiere delivered! What a wonderful boutique hotel--quiet, beautiful, and the perfect home away from home. Emily was so wonderful with her first-class service. We felt so pampered and delighted in the upgraded room with a million dollar view, and the champagne we enjoyed on the veranda was priceless! We look forward to returning again sometime!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I suppose that the best way to judge an experience is to determine whether or not you would want to have it repeated. Having said that, our recent stay at Lumiere was our THIRD such experience. We have now stayed at this fantastic boutique hotel for three consecutive years, each time during the wild and crazy Telluride Bluegrass Festival. The location of this hotel might be the most spectacular place on earth. You have never seen stars until you stand on your veranda at Lumiere with the outline of 14,000 foot mountains in the background and look to the heavens. I'm sure your reaction will be the same as mine, WOW!!!!! While many hotels excel with the amenities, most memorable experiences in my life are about people, not things. You will not meet collectively or individually hotel staff that are more gracious, accommodating, and service oriented than the staff at Lumiere. Clare, Jason, Emily, Jeff, and the house maintenance guy (I'm so sorry I don't remember your name. We had a minor issue with our refrigerator that was addressed immediately.) went out of their way to take care of all of our needs; promptly, graciously, and with a genuine smile. As my wife and I celebrated our 33rd anniversary, I had requested a couple of romantic touches upon our arrival. Emily took care of all of my requests and helped me tell my wife how much I love her. While the festival is a wonderful but exhausting experience, arriving back at Lumiere each night was like coming home. If you are planning a trip to the San Juans, Lumiere is your home away from home. We love the summer in Colorado, but you would be hard pressed to find a place more conveniently located to what some call "the best skiing in Colorado" than Lumiere. Thank you to everyone at Lumiere. We will be back, again!

Room Tip: We like rooms facing northwest because you get great mountain views and a sunset that will knock you...
Dolores, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were ecstatic when Clare, the hotel manager, told us Lumiere was a dog friendly hotel. Located right at the base of the ski mountain, there is plenty of room for dogs to get out and run. As the evening progressed, we enjoyed a spectacular sushi dinner in the courtyard and later that night felt right at home as we retired in the comfortable Little Bar for an evening of wonderful conversation. Great atmosphere in a beautiful setting.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the perfect base for a summer adventure! I had no idea how gorgeous Telluride was in summer or how many exciting things there were to do. The weekend began with amazing sushi at the little bar in Lumiere. We opted for chef's choice and it was definitely the way to go! Delicious fresh fish and beautiful accompaniments. Not only was the food fantastic, but there was really great live music on the patio. The living quarters (you have to call them this because it's so much more than just a hotel room) made me feel at home, but a much more glamorous home. Every detail is considered and addressed. The views are phenomenal! The hotel arranged an amazing private fly fishing excursion that was unforgettable and yielded photos my friends could hardly believe. I never expected to have so much fun considering I am not much for roughing it. Lumiere is perfectly located to all of what Mountain Village has to offer and is just a gondola ride from the charming town of Telluride. After 3 days in Telluride, my only regret was having to leave!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lumiere Hotel? Share your experiences!