“delightful room but not really accessible” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Golden Prairie

You added Rodeway Inn Golden Prairie to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Golden Prairie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Colorado Ave., Stratton, CO 80836 (Formerly Golden Prairie Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stratton
New Bern, NC
“delightful room but not really accessible”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Room looks newly updated with carpet and paint and furniture. I had a terrible problem because the toilet was very low and none of the grab bars were in a position to be of help. I have weakness in my legs and I'm not sure that any grab bars could have helped. My husband had to help me up every time. For the room to be truly accessible, either install a taller toilet or have available an extension seat.

Loved having the restaurant in the parking lot so we didn't drive for supper or breakfast. Breakfast was free.

We appreciated a nice place to travel with our dog. We enjoyed conversations with the locals in the restaurant,

Room Tip: Our room was excellent except for the low toilet. Second floor rooms are accessed by inside steps...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was traveling east on I-70 and because of a dust storm I pulled over in a town I'd never heard of and didn't know if I was in Colorado or Kansas. I just had to get out of danger and I was tired. The Rodeway Inn was the first thing I saw and it looked pleasant from the outside so I decided to give it a try. The woman at the desk looked like she may have been the owner but was very friendly and efficient. I opened the door to my room and may have said out loud, "Oh, this is nice."
The room was large and nicely designed with two club chairs, an attractive king sized bed, console with mirror and a separate desk with executive chair. It felt inviting and cozy. The bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was the best I'd had at a motel. It was in a connected restaurant and there was an omelette station making omelettes with your own choice of filling and they were excellent! I'm so glad I found this place and would return in a minute!
This was very budget friendly as well. The only downside was that not all of the television stations were working and the tv was not updated to flat screen but these are minor concerns.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

From the exterior this is an old style motel but the room was updated and was clean and comfortable. The restaurant adjoining the inn was surprisingly adequate for dinner and the complimentary breakfast offered freshly made omelets.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Arrowhead, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Staff is very professional and pleasant. The room was clean, bed very comfortable, there's a restaurant on site that has a great complementary breakfast and serves dinner. Which is great for a one horse town. If you like wine take a walk to the Claremont Inn. The make their own wine and have tastings. I left with 6 bottles.

• Stayed August 2013
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a former Best Western. Our room was nicely updated with a fridge and microwave. Internet was excellent. It is well away from I 70 and quiet. We ate at the adjoining restaurant which is the only choice. Service was good. I got the last order of meat loaf which was dry. My buddy got a chicken fried steak, which was so large he shared it with me. Next morning we had an excellent complimentary breakfast--omelet and waffle.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were late night. Had just come from previous exit in Burlington all except very low end was booked. Next exitup from burlington called Stanton. Great clean and nice room. Comfortable beds Internet access great. One of the best free handmade breakfast I have had. Ill stay here again. Give it excellant rating.

• Stayed July 2013
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our stay was on July 3, 2013. The office staff was very accommodating with our late arrival. (I did call ahead and advised it would be late.) The room was probably the largest motel room I have ever stayed in. Very clean. The breakfast with the fresh made omelets was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Golden Prairie? Share your experiences!