“No refrigeration, lame excuses, bad mattresses, card keys don't work, and too hot...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Timber Run Condominiums

You added Timber Run Condominiums to your Saves list
Timber Run Condominiums
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2015 Walton Creek Road, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487   |
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Wow. I was a return guest at these condos and was terribly disappointed on this last stay. When I rent a condo, I expect to walk in the door and everything is made ready for me. I don't expect to hear "...it will take 24-48 hours for your refrigerator to get to the proper temperature." We've rented many condos over the years and this is a first! When queried, the front desk person stated: "We've done this for many years and if you stuff your refrigerator full with food it just won't maintain the temperature." The maintenance guy reiterated (regurgitated) those views. Sorry. When I rent a condo, it should be ready to go. Even if you have to get the refrigerator started, operating, cooled down, at temp., or whatever prior to our arrival. [And I think there was something wrong with the unit, anyway.] For two days, our food was at 55 degrees and some of it spoiled. While the mgmt. office did give us $50 cash and placed some of our food in a downstairs unit, it's not enough to cover the inconvenience. And, I was laughed at when making this reservation when I asked whether there was an air conditioner in the unit. "Oh, no. We don't need air conditioning in Steamboat." I beg to differ, especially in the top units such as ours. Too many windows that didn't open but let in light and too little air flow throughout. Even the lovely night air was not enough to make the unit comfortable. The fans which were supplied did not always do the trick. Part of the reason for not being able to sleep was also the bad mattress and it's bottom fitted sheet that was too small and would always pop off. Another issue (also heard mentioned by other guests) was that our card keys sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Perhaps the worst part of this whole experience was the way in which we were treated. We've never had such a problem with any other condo rental....EVER! For the money we paid, I expected more. And since we don't often take vacations, this one was ruined by not having the convenience of a working refrigerator (and worrying whether our food was safe to eat). Thanks, Timber Run. Nice work, not.

Room Tip: Rent somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Before visiting Stemboat I read lots and lots of reviews on tripadvisor before booking accommodation. In addition, as I was travelling from Australia it is often hard to select the right accommodation so I heavily rely on trip advisor.

I dont think that the reviews on trip advisor for this property accurately reflect what it is actually like. The property is located a few mins drive from the ski area (I thought that it was within walking distance but it is too far to walk). The property is very family focused and when we were staying there the property was full and there was lots of children around, splashing in the pool etc in the afternoon after skiing. The condos are fairly old (I'm guessing 1980s build) and it appears that much of the decor has not been replaced since it was built. The TV's are not flatscreen, the carpet is worn and the beds are very hard (obviously very old mattresses).

The facilities at Timber Run are good with a few large hot tubs and a pool - although the noise from the hot tubs and pool carries to most of the condos. They also offer tea and coffee in the morining as well as donuts which my partner and I loved!

The saving grace for Timber Run is the staff - they are exceptional and go above and beyond for their guests. I dealt with Michelle on the front desk and she was amazing - nothing was too difficult.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Timber Run Condominiums, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us. I will pass along your kind words about Michelle. She excels at guest service and takes pride in anticipating and meeting every need.

All of the units at Timber Run are individually owned and there are many owners that have upgraded their units the last few years. More and more are adding flat screen TVs. As you noted, the nightly price of the units makes Timber Run a great family property, and the amenities are top-notch. Please contact me directly next year before you book. I would be happy to work with you to find the condominium best suited to you needs.

Thank you again for staying with us, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Becky Turner
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I went with several friends for a girls skiiing trip and we stayed at Timber Run. I have found some of the reviews written previously not helpful and not very specific so here's my take:

1) Accommodations: Dated but clean. The sofas, dinning room table/chairs, carpeting was clean but circa late 80s-early 90s. The only touch that was modern was flat screen TV. We stayed at a 3bdrm/2bath and although clean, simple things were annoying like toilets that didn't flush well, dishwasher front panel kept falling off, old mattresses with thin pillows. A heating system that was difficult to regulate (I am from the south so I am very warm-natured but the heating system was too much even for me). We had to open windows and doors at times.

2) Staff: This is where this place shines. We had people who were checking in at different times and the front desk was extremely accommodating for us. We found the front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful. I was a bit disappointed with the maid service. As they came only every 2 days, I was expecting a bit more they only replaced towels and took out trash, no vacuuming or making beds. They only did the two things I just mentioned. But otherwise, I give this section high marks. Free donuts and coffee every AM, if that's your thing.

3) Location to slopes: Very quick 2-3min shuttle trip. It is absolutely not walking distance in ski boots but the shuttle comes very frequently and it is not a problem. We actually rented our equipment at the mountain base and left it in storage at the mountain so it was not a problem for us. We did see that there was on site ski equipment storage at Timber Run if that's your preference.

4) Location to the center of town: Again not a problem. Shuttle runs very frequently until maybe 6pm. After that, you can call the front desk to have shuttle to come pick you up from your location. If it's after 11pm by chance, you will need to find alternate transportation. The city bus, which is free, can be used but be prepared for about a 1/3-1/4 mile walk from the nearest stop.

Hope this helps folks!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Forestburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We had a superb ski vacation staying at Timber Run. The front office staff and shuttle drivers could not be more helpful. Accommodations are typical of what one would find at other Rocky Mountain ski resorts - but there were some nice touches, like a welcoming bottle of good wine, hot mulled cider and doughnuts each morning and convenient ski storage right at the entrance. Shuttles run to the slopes every ten minutes. There is regular free shuttle service to town and to restaurants, stores and cinemas in the evening. Value for money.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Seaforth, NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Wow. What a great place to stay and what lovely, lovely people!

Shuttle service is amazing. Front desk equally as good.

Rates are excellent.

Location very good.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed at Timber Run with another couple for a week-long music festival. It had everything we needed - a fully equipped kitchen, two clean bathrooms, and comfy beds (although one couple had to rearrange the two single beds to make a bigger, more "couple-like" bed. Every unit also has a humidifier and fan for extra comfort. The shuttles were wonderful - we never had to wait more than a few minutes and the drivers were always super friendly. Since they also service downtown Steamboat at night, you really don't need a car (unless you intend to go further).

There are also three hot tubs, although we never made it into them, they looked pretty clean and inviting. The free wi-fi was great most of the time but did slow down in the evening - presumably when most people returned from the days activities.

Housekeeping visited daily to exchange towels, take out the trash, and refresh the TP supply. We weren't early-birds, but we never saw them either. There is also a housekeeping closet that you can "borrow" from if you need it. If we go to to Steamboat with a group again, we will definitely stay at Timber Run.

My only complaint, which we anticipated since we were there for a music festival, was that there was a lot of noise from the unit above us...but maybe we're just getting old. :)

Other Steamboat Springs Tips:
DO eat at Winona's...and expect to wait.
DO snowshoe at Fish Creek Trail (close by and perfect for those postcard photos)
DO dress warm, but comfy, especially with your shoes.
DO pick up the coupon books - there are some good deals in there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I went skiing with a group of over 700 people. My smaller group was put in Timber Run. (Others were put in different resorts )
The rooms were clean and had everything you expect. The bedroom was a little small, but nothing to complain much about.

There were free shuttles to the mountain and the city. I quess there were some places they won't drive, but they met all my needs.

I'm normally a Days Inn guy, so I am easily impressed with quality places like this. I imagine if you are use to resorts there are probably things this place lacks. I just don't know of any.

• Stayed December 2010

Been to Timber Run Condominiums? Share your experiences!