“Rabbit Ears Motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Manhattan, Kansas
“Rabbit Ears Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed here for a night before going skiing the next day. When we had to check out we wanted to stay longer. Lots of variety at breakfast, nice staff. Overall a great place to stay when skiing at Steamboat.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

Four of us stayed here for two nights, in the same room. Although I was somewhat apprehensive that we'd be too crowded, as it turned out the room was spacious enough for us all. The beds were quite comfortable, the pillows fluffy, and the decor was tasteful. Even the bath products were natural and of good quality! Breakfast was okay, but very basic. Everything is served in styrofoam, which I think is kinda groady. The staff is incredibly patient and friendly, they can answer any questions you may have about steamboat, they even sell half price tickets to the hot spring across the street and give you extra towels. Rooms have private balconies, a great feature, especially if creekside.
But...we peeked in the window of a downstairs room and out didn't look nearly as nice add our room! Maybe they are slowly remodeling, room by room? Anyways, if you don't like the room they give you, ask to see another. I hear the creekside rooms are nicest. Ours wasn't, but it was on the end of the building and very quiet. It was 232.

• Stayed March 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a king size room near the front of the property and we were beyond happy. The hotel was sold out and there was a lot going on but we did not hear any street noise or neighboring rooms. Our room was very large. There is plenty of room for luggage and gear without getting in the way of anyone. The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. The breakfast was good and the staff was great. The hotel is close enough to walk to everything in town and a small drive anywhere else you want to go. Obviously it is not a luxury hotel but that i not what we were looking for. We go to Steamboat at least once a year and this is our first choice for lodging.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Gulf Breeze
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I've stayed on the mountian and at other spots downtown, but the Rabbit Ears is a great option. Convenient to everything, clean, quiet rooms; they excel in the details, plenty of hot water, everything a room needs and all of it worked, the staff were always responsive and friendly. For the price it's hard to beat.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Oceanport, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

While visiting Steamboat recently, I had no idea where to stay, so I used my Trip Adviser mobile app on my iPhone, and decided to stay at the Rabbit ears motel. I was very pleasantly surprised at this place. The word "Motel" usually conjures up bad accommodations. While, yes, it is a motel, the room that I had was very roomy, and only moderately obsolete. I was pleasantly surprised to have an outdoor deck with the Yampa River flowing almost under it! While the accommodations are somewhat modest, it was fine with me. The Steamboat Ski Area bus stops right out front, and it is a short walk to all of the restaurants in town, which is preferable (To me) than being way up on the mountain away from all of the charm of the downtown. It is easier to just take the bus than deal with parking up on the mountain. I will be staying here again in March.

Room Tip: Get a room with a river view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Deerfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Great bargain last week for a very compact clean room for myself. More than 2 people in their small double queen would probably present some space challenges. My wife and I have stayed in the larger rooms, and they are more spacious. I've stayed in all sorts of ski dorm-type accommodations over 50 years as a skier. Their small queen has a fridge, microwave, desk. I could park my car right outside my door which was great for warming it up. And then there's the classic pink rabbit neon sign in front.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed there 4 days. Great place, clean room (gets cleaned everyday) enough beds for a family, great healthy continental breakfast -( same things we eat at home), walk to town or hop on the free shuttle bus to the mountain.. Easy, fun, vacation.....simple.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rabbit Ears Motel? Share your experiences!