I got a great bargain when I stayed at The West last month. I enjoyed my studio which had a kitchen, gas fireplace and lots of closet space--all of whcih was a good value. Moreover, the building had a coin laundry unit at the bottom.
However, I did have a few gripes,. For one things my bags were heavy and I had to lug them up a flight of stairs, as well as lug them over three steps outside my building (both of my bags had wheels on them). For the benefit of travelers with disabilities, those who are carrying around skis (the ski lockers are in the basement) and those who are carrying heavy bags, an elevator should be installed. Perhaps one was available in my building but no one pointed it out to me.
Second, while I appreciated the stereo system which accomodated CDs, it seemed to be on its last legs. More than once, I had to go through the process of activating the CD player over and over just to make sure the player caught the CD that I was trying to play. It seemed as if my model was an older Yamaha.
Nonetheless, I enjoyed this place and might stay here again should I return to Steamboat. The location was great and I appreciated the walk to the transit hub and the ski area, which had a great selection of restaurants and shops where I could buy postcards, etc. The desk staff was kind enough to get out my postcards in time. Thanks to them for making my stay worthwhile.
With the aforementioned conditions, I would recommend this place. There are other places in the Steamboat area which cost less and are notable (such as the Bristol and Rabbit Ears). One advantage to them was that they were convenient to the Winter Carnival which was taking place while I was here.
- Also Known As:
- The West Condominiums Hotel
- The West Condominiums Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West is one of Steamboat's favorite lodges no matter what season your visiting Steamboat Springs. It's not ski in/ ski out but it does have one of the shortest walks to the base of the ski area and gondola entrance. Sitting on a knoll, the 360 degree views are worth the stay. Free parking and Wi-Fi are a few of the great amenities and the complimentary winter shuttle service is the best in the boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The West Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.