“Good hotel in the expensive Steamboat Springs” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Seattle, Washington
“Good hotel in the expensive Steamboat Springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The room was cozy. The hotel location is not walking distance from the downtown area. I wish they put a better sign on the road though. Not easy to find the entrance when it is dark outside.

5 minutes drive to downtown because the hotel was located right next to the major road.
The view from my room was great. Could see air balloons from the window.

I did not ask for any services, but the room was clean and it was quiet, so nothing to complain. My room was also close to the stairways, and it made easy access to the parking. Definitely little above the average quality for a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

First of all, I am a Marriott gold member. I have never been disappointed by a Marriott property in relation to the per night cost. But with this one, it is a poor value. My 13 year old son and I came to Steamboat in the summer because he had a baseball tournament. When we got into the room my son wanted to relax so he took off his shoes. Within a half hour I noticed that his clean white socks were black on the bottom from the filthy carpet. I then noticed that the carpeting in the hallways were also very dirty. To make matters worse, there were multiple splotches of black mold growing in our shower. Empty tissue box in our bathroom. No soap or toilet seat covers in the first floor bathroom. The Colorado mountains are sunny and dry but this is no body lotion in the bathroom. After two nights they put a rollaway bed in our room!? Why? I have no idea. At $179 per night, go find a mom and pop hotel, or better off, go to the Holiday Inn next door. I will never stay at this property again, but it will not discourage me from staying at other Marriotts. I guess because the town is popular with tourists this Fairfield Inn can charge a high price and not be concerned whether or not you are pleased with the property.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Staff was friendly and accommodating upon my arrival as I asked for a quiet room on the mountain side (away from road noise). This is the last hotel as you head south out of Steamboat so you are not within walking distance of the ski area or town. The room was clean and basic. The bed was too soft for me and I ended up turning off the window heat/ac fan unit because it is very noisy. The breakfast is the same as being served at most hotels in this price range so I passed and drove a mile down the road and ate a full breakfast at "Freshies" (which was great). For the price this hotel is a good compromise between dumpy and luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain side room as this hotel fronts the main highway into town as well as rail road tr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've stayed here several times in the past for work. It's off of main road so pretty convenient. Rooms are clean and staff is friendly. It's not a fancy hotel by any means but if you are traveling for work or with family, I would highly recommend staying here. Like any other Fairfield, it includes hot breakfast. I've never used their pool or fitness center, so can't really comment on their facilitates. But the hotel itself is pretty new and clean.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to ski steamboat. Powder was awesome. Hotel pretty good, they did give me a better room option when I asked. On a very busy weekend. Very friendly staff. Clean. Very comply bed. The breakfast was a disappointment, not expecting restaurant quality but it was not that good. Skip it is my recommendation. I would stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

On the south side of town, they provide shuttles in season and are pet friendly, huge bonus! Clean rooms, several breakfast offerings in the morning, and a coffee/tea station set up throughout the day. Warmly welcomed at check in by a gentleman from Tijuana who was professional and offered several helpful tips around town. Some may not like the location but it's a short drive from everything which wasn't an issue for us at all.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from a two night stay April 11th - April 13th. We got the king spa suite. The room was great and was very affordable plus it had a fireplace which was nice.It was very clean and spacious. We were able to check in a bit early at 2 pm which was great. The staff was friendly, breakfast was nice, and the location was good. There is a shuttle stop right in front of the hotel for going downtown at night. There isn't anything fancy or overly exciting about the hotel but it is a nice place to spend the weekend.

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs? Share your experiences!