“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 hotels in Steamboat Springs
Tomball, Texas
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 while we were in town for a wedding. The hotel was exactly what I would expect from Fairfield Inn & Suites. The room was reasonably priced, included breakfast and the staff was very friendly. The hotel is located on the south side of town so it was a bit of a hike when we wanted to walk to town but we were able to enjoy the scenery. Despite being on the south side of town, it is well located to local attractions. The room was clean and spacious. A great value!

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Nevada, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Mine was a typical Fairfield stay, although the young people working the desk were not very attentive. One family waited quite a while to check in and I called for help in the courtesy phone (which they had missed). The clerk was apparently talking to a friend in the hot tub.

I assumed from my room assignment that the hotel was busy - I was given the room over the front door, with a view of the parking lot. Had I been a clerk and noticed a Platinum Rewards member from out of state was staying, I would have provided at least a room with a decent view. As it was, it was a slow night (from the low attendance at breakfast) and I am baffled by the odd room assignment.

• Stayed August 2013
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I saw some negative reviews of this hotel, but we didn't experience anything negative. We came in on Friday afternoon checked into a spacious room with microwave and fridge. The bed was super comfy and huge tv in the room. We spent 2 nights and the hotel was very quiet, I slept great. Breakfast was good, the standard waffles, bagels, eggs, sausage, juice....etc. Plenty to get filled up on. We took the shuttle 3 times into town, it stops at the end of the driveway to the hotel and runs about every 20 minutes, very convenient. We had a great weekend here. Used the hot-tub twice, it was very clean and they had towels for use. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Centennial, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spent one night at the hotel. Arrived late and left after breakfast. Beds are very old and need to be upgraded. Continental breakfast was very good. Lots of great things to see and do in Steamboat!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Manager was Rude and gave away our room. No apologizes, could have cared less about us. I reserved a room in April, for a July visit, special requests, got exactly opposite of what I asked for. Called the owner no return call from him either. Marriott should be ashamed of this Manager (female)....should be fired...she also lied to both me and my wife. The Female desk clerk, NOT Manager, should be PROMOTED AND WAS VERY HELPFUL, CONSIDERATE & SWEET! Most other staff we encountered, not much interested in Customer Service. This building & Staff need to be overhauled!!!!! Except for the one desk clerk. MARRIOTT GET SOME QUALITY CONTROL GOING!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while on a road trip through the mid west. The desk clerk was very helpful and gave us some tips on where to eat and what to do during our stay. The rooms were perfect with very comfortable beds and a clean spacious bathroom. There was no shortage of towels as mentioned by other reviewers. The breakfast was as good as you'd expect from a free continental breakfast and I wouldn't have any complaints about it. The gym and pool was a great bonus, and the equipment was up to date and worked perfectly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I agree with Foodie from Blanco, Texas, just ok. The towels were terrible. Not what I expected from Marriott. Obviously the poor relative. We were there the weekend of the balloon rodeo and art show so we were lucky to get a room in town and had to pay for a "suite". First off a suite to me is adjoining rooms which this was just a big odd-shaped room. The air conditioner unit was right next to the bed in our room the first night making it difficult to sleep as it was very loud. The desk clerk did bend over backward to find us a room the next night where the a/c was farther from the bed. It seems the trend is for hotels to provide breakfast. They all seem to have the same not quite warm eggs and sausage and waffle maker. Not sure if even real eggs or not. I intend to let the hotel chains know that I would prefer to pay a lower price for the room and eat at place of my choice for breakfast which we did the 2nd morning. Hopefully if they hear this from enough of us they will start doing this. I would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs? Share your experiences!