“Saketumi sushi is Sortafaki Sushi” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse, Asian fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
New York
“Saketumi sushi is Sortafaki Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hmmm. It was OK. The people were nice and the food was alright but it was nothing remotely like real sushi. Portions were very large - if that helps. I think I'm spoiled from eating sushi and Asian food in Asia and large American metropolitan areas. This is decent enough for the middle of nowhere but nothing like what I was expecting. Jam band, college kid groovy style sushi. They can't really play! I know. I could be nicer b
ut I was underwhelmed.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good Sushi!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Happy hour special for rolls is a good value, but entree prices are through the roof. Wish they would have had at least one option for children. We would definitely go back for happy hour rolls!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri
“LOVE IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great food right in the ski area. Fantastic options on this trendy fusion menu. I highly recommend it.

Visited July 2012
Lakewood, Colorado
“Super Rude Service...Left Before We Got Our Sushi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I would imagine this is an isolated case with the particular server we had that might have been having a bad day, but from a customers standpoint I feel like it should be brought up. We sat on the patio on a Saturday evening as the location is great and has a nice view of the slopes and gondola. The restaurant was about half full; nothing too crazy. We were provided with waters as were we seated which was nice, however the service went downhill quickly after the host left our table. Our server (which I found out after she finally greeted us at our table) visited the two tables next to us multiple times before she even greeted us. Not to be phased by that, we went ahead and grabbed a couple of beers and their crab wontons. Beers came out quickly and the crab wontons were great. We ordered our sushi while eating the appetizer and then proceeded to wait and wait and wait. Never saw our server until about 25 mins or so had passed and she came back once she realized our beers were empty. After seeing sushi be delivered to the table next to us that ordered after we did, I merely and politely asked if she knew that status of our order (thinking maybe it got missed which can happen and that wouldn't have bothered me), however instead of simply saying "let me check with the sushi chefs, and i will let you know", she turned around and started to bus the table next to us and snapped at us and said something to the effect of "they are busy, and will get to when they can". I told her we would tab out immediately and we left before we even got our sushi. At that point she decided to check on our sushi and explained to us that they were just starting it, which clear shows our order was missed...which again would have been fine without the super rude snappy comment. I believe when you receive bad service its because they don't want your business, so we headed to another restaurant around the corner and had great service and meal. From a customers standpoint I don't care about how busy you are, and how burnt out you are from dealing with tourists, that is really not my problem.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Tasty, reasonbly-priced sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Our group was 4 adults and 5 kids (ages 5,5,6,7,9) and very welcomed in the restaurant. Food was fantastic. Noisy in the restaurant but we like that energetic vibe. Small place but we didn't feel crowded. We are from NYC/Philly area and food snobs, especially me) and this sushi was comparable to back home. Our kids had miso soup, california rolls and chicken teriyaki and gobbled most of it up. Enjoyed the food and the atmosphere - overall a great choice for a family dinner.

Visited March 2012