“Day trip to the Springs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Steamboat Springs
Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs
You added Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs to your Saves list
44200 County Road, #36, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487   |
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Aurora, Colorado
“Day trip to the Springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I loved this place. My boyfriend and I love exploring the hot springs of Colorado. This is certainly a wonderful surprise. Most of the folks there are like minded and want a relaxing time to unwind and most seem to make small chit chat of "where are you from". We did wait until dark and we disrobed our swimsuits to enjoy the adult only nude soaking. I didnt feel that people were there to troll the nude people, I felt we were all there after dark as we knew the rules of naked people after dark. It was wonderful and we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights last week. The cabin was warm, cozy and adequate. The pools, as always, were fabulous! We honeymooned here and it was perfect for unwinding from the necessary chaos of wedding planning. The only downsides: the cabin only had one chair, the grill was filthy and there are very limited shower facilities and we chose not to use them due to the lack of cleanliness. Otherwise, we had a really lovely stay and will certainly be back sometime.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had stayed in one of the cabins for a Friday and Saturday night, after a recommendation from a friend. The pools themselves could not be faulted. Great temperatures (some warmer and some cooler), very clean and the best views provided by Mother Nature.
The cabin was small but cozy with a gas lamp and heater provided. I arrived late on Friday and apparently the heater “pilot” was out. Surprisingly at midnight, while the place was virtually deserted, I was able to find an employee to get the heater going.
Beyond that slight hiccup, the rest of the stay was great. For me the area having no cell service or electricty allowed for me to unplug from the world for a few days - awesome!
Also thanks to Adam (?) for sharing his thoughts on where to eat and what to do beyond soaking in the springs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This place is awesome! My boyfriend & I just soaked for hours looking at the stars & moon. I saw some of the other posts about customer service- the guy isn't the best, but we had maybe a minute exchange with him, not a big deal. Also- for anyone whose not familiar with the area (like me), there's no need to take the shuttle and pay an extra $30/person, just drive up there yourself. And just so you're aware, after dark clothing is optional. We were caught a little off-guard, but it was fine. So relaxing & beautiful!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had the good fortune to stay overnight in one of the large rustic cabins. Before booking we were concerned by some of the negitive reviews of the accomodations. We found that while by no means luxurious, the lodgings were an inexpensive, warm and a cosy place to stay away from the hustle and bussle. If a pampering resort experience is desired, best to look elsewhere.
The pools were totally awesome and do wonders for easing away the aches and pains from days spent riding on the mountain. The water just runs down the hillside into the pools and the views are totally awesome. Couldn't be better!
Interestingly enough while waiting to check-in we saw some visitors trying to take some beer into the pools. Now the employee wasn't being overly welcoming, but the visitors were using a good deal of profanity while being asked to obey the rules. To our surprise when it came our turn to check in the staff member was fairly nice.
Overall get there if you can - a great experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We went here after dark & it was unlike anything I expected. It was pitch black and the stars were beautiful. The springs were warm and inviting and it was fun to wander from each pool in the dark. Clothing is optional and you can't see anyone, it's worth experiencing. Well worth the trip and fee. So so so awesome!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This place is HORRIBLE! The man at the front gate (foreign with dark hair in a pony tail) claiming to be the manager was completly rude and sarcastic from the time we walked up to the gate until we were leaving the premisis. He even went as far as to stand in the parking lot watching us drive away. My party of 8 as well as another party of 6 whom we did not know and witnessed the rudeness left and went to the Rec center in town. We also ran into a group leaving the facility complaining about how rude this person was and that they would not be returning. I am not sure how this so called manager has been working there but they might want to reavaluate his postion as his customer service skills are non-existent. The rest of my trip in Steamboat was excellent because every place I visted after this experiance the customer service was as it should be.... EXCELLENT! My experience at Strawberry Park HotSprings left a sour taste in my mouth and I will not be returning nor will I recommend this place to anyone! After reading some of the reviews (which I sould have done before I went...live and learn) We are not the only group to be treated this way....sounds like word is getting out on the rudeness of this facility!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs? Share your experiences!