“Year after year, the Cantina is the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th Street
Transit: Lincoln Avenue between 8th and 9th Street.
Description: Fun, casual dining in historic downtown Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The Cantina is one of Steamboat’s oldest dining establishments and serves creative Mexican cuisine and award winning fresh squeezed margaritas for lunch and dinner daily.The highly acclaimed fresh-squeezed margaritas are made with fresh lemons and limes — no sour mix here. Signature items include tequila-fired fajitas served flaming table side; Chimi Cozumel filled with shrimp, mushrooms & spinach topped with jalapeno pesto cream sauce; Carne Asada made with tender buffalo steak; and homemade cinnamon fried ice cream.The Cantina in Steamboat offers a children’s menu, a gluten free menu, a large variety of vegetarian options and plenty of fresh salads and soups.
Connecticut
“Year after year, the Cantina is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Each year we visit Steamboat, we always stop in at the Cantina, This year, after shopping downtown we decided to try it for lunch. We sat in the bar area and were greeted immediately by our server Jackie. She was wonderful! After placing our order, margaritas and chips/salsa were delivered to our table within minutes. The menu had so many reasonably priced lunch entrees...it was difficult to decide on only one! Our group of 4 adults decided to share a few items. We ordered a mexican style soup, a taco combination, quesadilla with mushrooms and spinach, shrimp wrapped in bacon with pineapple-mango salsa, and a mexi-toss salad. Everything was GREAT! We were full! The reason we always eat at The Cantina is because of the FRESH food, WONDERFUL service, and INVITING atmosphere! Once again, we loved our experience!

75% Recommend
Red Deer
“Just Okay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Its okay but we are pretty far south here so I was expecting really good Mexican. The margaritas were good. I had the fajita which was okay. My wife had the chicken tacos which were bland with no spice whatsoever on the chicken.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, MI
“Everytime we are in Steamboat we always come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Food is great and so are the margarita's. We have also been to Taquila's in Steamboat which is also excellent Mexican food...they take reservations if you need them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falls Church
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Located on the main drag in Steamboat, this restaurant had great food and service. My wife and I went twice during our trip, once for lunch, once for happy hour and dinner. Both times I got the Mariscos ala vera cruzana. A lovely sea food dish including tilapia, shrimp, and mussels over a bed of spinach. It wasn't the type of dish I normally see in a Mexican restaurant. I had it both times I was there and it was delicious both times! The staff was very friendly. I felt like a local after about 5 minutes (and two margaritas).

New Haven, Connecticut
“I should have had my dinner here every night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Nice job guys. Prompt and attentive service, a deal on my margarita, kid friendly, very tasty food. This place is excellent. Best experience of my entire 8 day Steamboat vacation.

• Visited December 2010