“good homey Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Sugar Land
“good homey Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Our family of six (kids ages 11-17) enjoyed a nice Mexican dinner here on the road from Colorado to Park City. I am Tejana and love enchiladas. The chicken ones didn't disappoint, although the seafood ones were a bit too bland with a somewhat meal-ly texture and not enough sauce. The mole chicken and fajita plates were very good. Salsas were fresh and flavorful. Quick service and festive atmosphere and reasonable prices for Steamboat. We would return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Best Mexican food in Steamboat !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Interior decorations make you feel like you are in Mexico.
Good food, great service. The Crispy Chili Releno is my favorite!

Visited July 2014
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“This is to go to local place for good Mex Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Quick service, good food at great prices, great drinks with a local flair. The food is always consistently good. Giant Margaritas at a great price. This place can handle large families and is kid friendly.

Visited July 2014
“Experiences vary, but pretty authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This family-owned chain has the issue that small chains have: consistency across establishments and on various days. My family and friends almost always visit during off-times, so we usually get what we expect: good, fairly authentic, Mexican food, cooked by Mexican chefs. This is our favorite local Mexican restaurant, here's why:

The back deck is wonderful in good weather: quiet and it sits along Fish Creek. That is a great attraction/distraction for kids (watch the high water during early summer!) who give us their order and then wander over to the bank to play. The staff is very kid-friendly and I have never had a wait that I couldn't bear. Inside tables are fine, just not the creekside experience of the deck.

But, when it's busy, or if you have high expectations, you might be disappointed.

Favorites include the chile relleno, anything with the flank steak, and the camarones. I'm not a fan of restaurant margaritas, so I have no opinion on those, but I see a lot of them served.

The postres (desserts) are good. My kids love the sopapillas. Lunches are usually not super-busy, so it's a good place to bring a big group then.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beaufort, North Carolina
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

As a former local, I've been here many times. I've never been disappointed. We chose this on our recent visit because we craved Mexican food. Margaritas are great (go in the summer and sit out by the creek). Try some menu items that are not basic enchiladas - they are worth it. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014