“Not impressed with the Sweet Pea Market & Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sweet Pea is a quaint little restaurant located in Downtown Steamboat Springs on Yampa Street. We specialize in farm to table cuisine and support local farming efforts. Seasonally we host the most beautiful water side deck in all of Steamboat cozied up to the Yampa river with an ancient Gypsy Willow tree covering the deck. In the winter, we have inside seating and a cozy fire to keep you warm. Our menu speaks for itself but it is incredibly delicious and healthy. It is comprised of all home made dishes using ingredients from local and humane farms. We take reservations and are very family friendly. In the winter we serve dinner 7 days a week from 5-9pm. We also have brunch on Sundays from 10am-3pm. Happy hour is served every day in the bar from 5-6pm with $5 daily selected tapas, $6 specialty cocktails, $3 off wine, and $2 off beer. In the summer we serve both lunch and dinner and also have a happy hour from 3-6pm. $6 Cocktails, $3 off wine and $2 off beer.
Boulder
“Not impressed with the Sweet Pea Market & Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My sisters and I ate at the Sweet Pea Restaurant July 2nd for dinner based on recommendations plus we wanted to eat on the river. The riverside location is great and we chose this place primarily for that reason. Our drinks were good, no complaints there. We ordered 2 meals: the bison burger with fries and the 1/2 chicken. The bison burger was perfect and very tasty, cooked perfectly but I was not impressed with the fries. We all thought they were undercooked and could not taste the "garlic". The 1/2 chicken looked good until my sisters cut into it and saw that it was not completely cooked and had to send it back to the kitchen. The vegetables that came with their meal were very good. For a $24 chicken meal---disappointing to say the least. I visit Steamboat several times a year but I don't plan on going back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The french fries are amazing! The river runs by and provides a beautiful view from the outside seating. The salad trio provides for a wonderful sample of the yummy salads offered. The trout tacos were interesting and good dish. The server was extremely friendly and offered great suggestions about the menu.

Visited June 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful setting for a healthy lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I stopped here after a hike and enjoyed everything about it. We sat right next to the river. Lunch menu was brief but creative. My husband had trout tacos and I had a beet and goat cheese salad. We both cleaned our plates. The server was prompt and pleasant.

My only critique is that I was hungry only about an hour after I ate my lunch. Admittedly, we had a pretty active day; but, I don't expect that after a restaurant meal-- at restaurant prices. They either need to add a little more protein or give you some bread or something to munch on while you're waiting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

It's on the river, a block away from the main tourist drag on Lincoln. While the entry is unassuming, the riverside deck is beautiful and relaxing with a nice mix of locals and tourists. I ordered the seafood special of the day and one of the desserts - a blueberry cheesecake with lots of other stuff in it. They were both fantastic. When I go back I don't know if I'll get them again or try something else on the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“my favorite restaurant in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Interesting menu selections that are as delicious as they sound, inviting and lively patio next to the river, good service, and reasonable prices.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere