“Steamboat Springs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Westminster, Colorado
“Steamboat Springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn as a base for a house search. Originally booked because we are Hilton Honors members and figured getting some more stays made sense. The hotel was a good value and the service at the front desk was above what you would expect. As an example Charlie at the front desk on Sunday morning remembered we had gone to the fitness center and asked if we had left a book there. We were also upgraded since there was rooms available. Rooms are clean and well stocked with the courtesy supplies and coffee maker. On Sunday morning they kept the breakfast bar refilled so no one appeared the be waiting for food.

Room Tip: Suggest a room on the north side, you will get some road noise from Hwy. 40 but the railroad tracks...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff was able to take good care of you. Charlie is one of our top front desk agents and I am delighted to know he made such an impression on you. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
CHESTERFIELD, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My Husband and I were just amazed at the wonderful ambience/coziness of your facility. The breakfast was always so good, and we were always asked if we needed any help. Really loved the main floor with TV, fireplace and nice furniture to sit in. The room was so wonderful. We were offered a free upgrade which was so nice. We had two king beds, two bathrooms, sofa bed, table and chairs, and a single person chair,I assume it was a business suite. We were there for our daughters wedding so we were able to accommodate everyone to hang out. The wedding was very small and intimate (ten people) so our room was very accommodating. We really enjoyed having coffee, tea, hot chocolate and apple cider available at all times, as well as cookies and hot apple cider in a crockpot mid-afternoon. Hampton-Inn and Suites sure made our stay amazing. Thanks alot!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Wow! To be called amazing is such a high compliment and I cannot thank you enough! It was such a pleasure to have you and your family here for such a special event. Your kind words leave me with no doubt that we succeeded in exceeding you expectations which is always our goal. Thank you again for the fantastic review and we hope to see you next time!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute for the Steamboat Springs Oktoberfest. Got upgraded to a deluxe suite on arrival which was very nice and unexpected. Can be a bit noisy though bc we could hear kids in the hallway running and the shower in the room below us but otherwise, very nice, clean and centrally located for both the resort and downtown

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I am glad to hear the staff was able to take good care of you and get you an upgrade to our larger room; however, I am sorry to hear about the noise issue. I have shared your comments with the staff to see what we can do to resolve the noise issue. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights toward the end of September. I found many good things about the hotel that I liked and almost nothing to point a finger at. For example, I was pleased to note many readily available electrical outlets to keep everything recharged. Remember when hotels used to hide their outlets so you couldn't use their electricity? Not Hampton Inn at least. I just had a good shower before departing. The control arm had a very short throw that made it really easy not only to figure out but to instantly regulate any change in temperature you might want. Simple and easy to use--that's how they all should be! The water flow was generous and soothing. I have a big desk on which to write this review while my wife still sleeps in the other "room". Our room is even numbered and, therefore, on the Lincoln Avenue (I-40) side. We never did hear a train and the traffic noise was almost nonexistent. Best of all, probably, was the breakfast. It was as complete as at any hotel I've stayed in. There was plenty of seating on both "bars" and tables. I could picture it getting a bit crowded during ski season, though. The hotel seems to have been designed for skiers (why wouldn't it be?) so looks maybe a little different than what some travelers might expect. For example, one entrance to the hotel goes right through the laundry room. But think how convenient that could be for skiers! The only downer is a very tiny one. My wife asked a young lady for a couple extra pillows and told me she thought the person acted a bit disinterested and uncaring. I was seated at this very desk near the door when the young woman delivered the pillows and I caught only a glance at her. Even I was taken aback by the unfriendly look on her face. To me this just proves how hard it is to have a business that deals with the public. We wanted pillows. We got pillows. And yet... A tough business to be sure. One final thought. They offer cookies and fruit at the breakfast bar 24 hours a day. They had some hot cider out at least yesterday (perhaps all the time?) and my wife and I tried it--with every sip it got better and better. I'll especially be looking for more as we leave later this morning. All in all a great hotel where I would stay again in a heartbeat--especially with the very good price we are paying (which probably is higher in ski season?).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you with us. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed our wonderful hotel from the rooms to the breakfast. We do offer many amenities including complimentary cider/flavored water along with fresh cookies every afternoon.
I have shared your review with the entire staff and they were delighted to hear of all the compliments. Your comments have also inspired them to work harder to exceed your expectations in customer service. Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I travel to Steamboat on business several times a year. I have not always stayed at the Hampton Inn, but I keep coming back because it is always comfortable and friendly. The beds are great and the bathrooms work well. It is convenient to both downtown and the ski area. The building's design is not typical for a Hampton Inn; it looks more like a ski lodge. I have not had a bad experience at this Hampton Inn. Be warned, however, that it is near railroad tracks and loud trains pass through in the middle of the night. If possible, ask for a room on the highway side of the inn so that you don't hear the trains.

Room Tip: As for room on highway side, US 40, so that it is quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! We always love having you here! I have shared your kind words with the entire staff and they were delighted to hear you always enjoy your stays. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Staff was friendly, room was clean and felt very comfortable at this location. They upgraded me automatically upon arrival. I also had to checkout 15 minutes later than planned and they were very accomodating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and the staff was able to take good care of you. Thank you again and we hope to see you next time!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was our first stay (2 nights) in the Steamboat Springs area as a way to start to get acquainted with this part of Colorado (we live near Denver). We booked it based on its walking proximity to the outdoor botanic gardens (a must see), the bike/walking path along the river (which takes you on a short walk to downtown), and the reviews here. Overall it is a nice property though we did not use the pool. As others have mentioned it is near the railroad tracks, but I think we only heard the train once and that was during the day and it did not bother us. After checking in at the front desk with Jennifer on the day we arrived and going to the room we did notice our sheets had some old(?) stains and maybe a footprint(?). We politely mentioned it to Jennifer and she herself promptly came and changed out the sheets and was apologetic. Otherwise the room was very clean. I did initially have some trouble accessing the hotel's wireless network, but it was because my personal plug-in adapter was having issues. The hotel was able to lend me a plug in "wireless" unit (didn't know anyone made anything like that) which worked out fine (there is a Staples about 1 mile away going back out of town if you need technology). The bed was comfortable (a little on the firm side). They had good hot breakfast options in addition to a standard continental offering. When we checked out I was a little irritated that the final bill was about .80 cents more than the quote we had from the Internet booking on the Hampton Inn website. The person at the front desk was unable to change it, but she did reimburse the difference. She did not know why that happened. It wasn't the amount of money, but the principle involved that annoyed me. Also, I should point out that even though this property is not near the ski slopes there is a resort fee per night. Despite the minor hiccups, overall we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying there again. For proximity to downtown and the botanical gardens it was a great location.

Room Tip: South side rooms get more direct sun, but face the railroad tracks. North side rooms are in the sha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! It was a pleasure having you with us. Jennifer is one of our best front desk agents and I am proud to hear she was able to take such good care of you. I have shared your review with the entire staff and we will work on correcting those hiccups. We will also be looking into our booking system to make sure all of the charges are set correctly so the final bill quoted is the correct amount. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. As always, we love having you and we look forward to seeing you again next time!