“Good customer service, maintenance issues” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early-Save up to 15%
Ranked #5 of 22 hotels in Steamboat Springs
Broomfield, Colorado
“Good customer service, maintenance issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here on a recent ski trip. The hotel is located on the main highway, a few short blocks from downtown and about a 10 minute drive to the gondola. There is a free shuttle service that takes you to the gondola and also took my daughter and me to the ice castle on request. When you just want a room to stay in an otherwise expensive town, this hotel fit the bill. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros -- great customer service. Friendly, helpful hotel staff, shuttle drivers are pleasant and prompt, rooms are well sized and offer a wet bar with mini fridge and microwave. Warm cookies apres ski.

Cons -- free breakfast was not very good, maintenance issues...our first night, we stayed in a room with an older heating unit and it was so loud and came on every 30 seconds making it really difficult to sleep. The staff moved us to a new room, which was much quieter, and they gave us a voucher for a free night at any other Hampton (which was really great). New room was better, but neither room had hot water for the first two days. Someone did come out and look at our shower in the second room, and they did replace the water handle, but there was still no hot water. Finally got some on the 3rd day. Also, the foldout couch cushions were SO thin...our kids slept on it, so it wasn't bad for them, but an adult could not comfortably sleep there.

If you're looking for a budget-friendly hotel in Steamboat, this is a good choice, but we probably wouldn't choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: There is a railroad track that runs along the back of the hotel, so if you have an option, choose a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. I understand there were a few issues while you stayed with us and I am truly sorry you encountered these issues. I have sent your review to our Chief Engineer to make sure all of these issues have been corrected. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and I hope you would give us another opportunity to reach that goal. If you choose to visit Steamboat Springs again, please contact me personally. We have over 15 different room types and I would be more than happy to reserve a room that better fits your family. Thank you again!

397 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. It's not a luxury hotel, but I felt like I got more than I paid for. For the reasons below I feel it is a 3.5 star hotel (but had to round up to 4).

Pros: (1) Free breakfast from 6-10 (waffles, cereal, bacon, eggs, bagels, yogurt), (2) Free hot apple cider coffee, tea and warm cookies in the lobby throughout the day, (3) Exceptionally friendly staff, after we checked in they called our room to make sure it was to our liking, (4) Free shuttle to ski mountain, (5) The free Steamboat bus stops right in front of the hotel every 10 minutes and runs from downtown to the ski mountain, (6) Our room was a king with a fireplace, it was a bit small but clean and nice furnishings.

Cons: (1) The fireplace in our room was on a 15 minute timer so we had to keep turning it on, (2) There could be more tables or places to eat breakfast at in the lobby, (3) The rooms on the third floor have individual stairs right above rooms on the second floor. Because of this I heard our upstairs neighbors running up and down the stairs in ski boots. Very annoying, but not much the hotel can do about that.

Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the fantastic review!! It was a delight hearing how you enjoyed your stay. The staff takes pride in exceeding your expectations and they were delighted to hear such kind comments. We have taken you list of Cons to see what we can do to make them into Pro’s. Our Chief Engineer is working on the fireplace to make sure it is correctly set in place. The fireplace should stay on for over an hour. Our hotel’s layout is a little different from any others and that is what makes us so unique. However, I do understand there are times when the stairs next to the second floor rooms can be a little louder. The next time you visit Steamboat Springs, please contact me personally and I would be more than happy to reserve a room for you on the top floor. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We needed a room for our family for a Saturday night. I booked in advance through HotWire (which was a very easy process). The room was handicapped accessible, although we did not require or request it. Everything seemed very clean. There was initially a very strong air-freshener/perfume smell, but my senses quickly acclimated and I didn't really notice it unless we left and returned. The facility has a 24-hour fitness room, although we didn't use it. It has outdoor hotubs (3) and an outdoor heated pool, which we did enjoy in the evening, even after the temps dropped to below zero. The complimentary breakfast was standard fare: passable, but nothing special. My only complaint was that although the beds were soft, I didn't sleep very well. I suspect because the bed was pretty bouncy and my husband and I probably woke each other up each time we moved. The pillows were soft, but small.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I understand there were a few issues with the room and I have made sure our Chief Engineer and Rooms Division Manager are correcting that issue. If you choose to visit us again, please contact me personally and I would be more than happy to reserve a room for you that is not handicapped accessible. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you!
Westminster, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed here several times for soccer tournaments in the summer and this was my first winter stay. We were supposed to stay at a different hotel (see my review on Quality Inn and Suites, Steamboat) but were able to secure a room here, fortunately. Jon helped us out so much, I appreciate his willingness. Our room smelled clean. It was so refreshing and big! Breakfast was convenient and decent. The overall appearance of the hotel was great. Looked clean and comforting. I thought it was funny to see people going to breakfast in bare feet or socks. Obviously they felt right at home. I loved being able to get a hot drink any time of the day. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You saved us from a horrible vacation!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Wow!! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I have shared your comments with the entire staff and they were delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. John is a great front desk agent and it is wonderful knowing he was able to help you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My girls and I were upgraded to a King Suite upon arrival. The room was HUGE, the beds were soft and the bathrooms were spotless! I would recommend this hotel to any and all travelers staying in Steamboat Springs!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! It is always a delight to hear such kind words. I have passed along your review to the rest of the staff and they were pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I truely enjoyed are stay here.The train was a little surprizing but wasn't a big deal.The breakfast was very nice with a good variety.We had a small problem with the room,but maintenance had it fixed within an hour.Great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review!! We always appreciate the kind words. I have passed along your comments with the rest of the staff. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Southeast Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Co-workers and I really enjoyed our recent stay(s) at the end of October, early November. Staff very friendly and accommodating. The converted ski-lodge layout was a bit confusing, but my room was cozy and clean. There is a railway on the west side of the parking lot, but I had an east side room and never heard the train. The HOT cider and donuts were a welcome addition to our cold mornings!

Room Tip: East side (train on west). Some of the double king rooms are HUGE!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Diane W, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! It is always a delight to hear when you have enjoyed your stay. We will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!!

Been to Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs? Share your experiences!