We stayed here on a recent ski trip. The hotel is located on the main highway, a few short blocks from downtown and about a 10 minute drive to the gondola. There is a free shuttle service that takes you to the gondola and also took my daughter and me to the ice castle on request. When you just want a room to stay in an otherwise expensive town, this hotel fit the bill. Here are the pros and cons:
Pros -- great customer service. Friendly, helpful hotel staff, shuttle drivers are pleasant and prompt, rooms are well sized and offer a wet bar with mini fridge and microwave. Warm cookies apres ski.
Cons -- free breakfast was not very good, maintenance issues...our first night, we stayed in a room with an older heating unit and it was so loud and came on every 30 seconds making it really difficult to sleep. The staff moved us to a new room, which was much quieter, and they gave us a voucher for a free night at any other Hampton (which was really great). New room was better, but neither room had hot water for the first two days. Someone did come out and look at our shower in the second room, and they did replace the water handle, but there was still no hot water. Finally got some on the 3rd day. Also, the foldout couch cushions were SO thin...our kids slept on it, so it wasn't bad for them, but an adult could not comfortably sleep there.
If you're looking for a budget-friendly hotel in Steamboat, this is a good choice, but we probably wouldn't choose this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the greatest of the great outdoors… Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs.Don't be surprised if you see folks racing down the slopes in cowboy hats when you visit Steamboat Springs. While we offer world-class snow skiing, our city still has its roots in cowboy culture. So much so that our town's signature store still sells Western wear! When you visit our comfortable hotel in Steamboat Springs, you'll be close to it all, including great dining, shopping and entertainment, as well as year-round outdoor activities.After a busy day of meetings or outdoor adventures, you'll want a hotel in Steamboat Springs where you can relax and unwind. And that's just what you'll find at the Hampton Inn & Suites® Steamboat Springs hotel. We're conveniently located just half a mile from historic downtown and just over a mile from the popular Steamboat Ski Resort.Get a bird's-eye view of the Rocky Mountains from a hot-air balloon... Soak away all your troubles in our incredible hot springs... Enjoy a hike to scenic Fish Creek Falls... Or see future stars of the rodeo circuit at one of our popular rodeos. All this and much more is here for you when you visit our friendly hotel in Steamboat Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Hampton Inn Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Hampton Inn