“Non-Existent Guest Services” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Non-Existent Guest Services”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Recommendations at this site inspired me to book a room at this hotel.

We were assigned a very odd room on the third floor, accessed by a flight of stairs (no elevator). We had a tiny bedroom with a King bed, separated from a weird and windowless sitting room that was of no use to us. There was a huge walk-in closet off the sitting room (a reckless use of space).

Our bed was covered with a duvet which was much too heavy and thick for the summer weather we were enjoying. When I called for a blanket, I was told that unlike every other hotel in the world, they don't have blankets.

The first time I reported that the exhaust in our bathroom was not working, the man who answered saying "guest services," hung up on me. The second time I called, the General Manager gave me the impression he was going to correct this unpleasant and unsanitary condition, but he didn't.

To receive satisfaction, I called Hilton Customer Service (800 548-8690) and a woman named Juanita got on my case and the Hampton Inn 100% Satisfaction Guarantee kicked in.

Later, when I received an apology from the General Manager, I took the opportunity to let him know that the duvets are too heavy and warm me and some of his guests, he responded that he stocks queen blankets but that Hampton Inn does not require him to stock king blankets, and, as a result, he doesn't. He invited me to return to sleep under a a too heavy and too warm duvet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Hello Jim and thank you so much for your comments. Again my apologies that we were not able to get a king blanket for you. You are correct, we only have queen size blankets in the hotel which are supplied in every guest room closet. As you stated, I do invite you back to come visit us next time you are in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Please call me directly or send me an e-mail and I will be more then happy to book your reservation for you. We have have the best Guest Services on the mountain and I would love the opportiuntiy to show you. It is our hope that you give us that opportunity. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I met up with our long-time friends for a weekend of fun in Steamboat Springs. While the hotel itself was clean and comfortable, it was the service that we were blown away with. The front desk was professional and friendly--not to mention very patient with all our questions about the area. They offered great advice regarding the town which greatly enhanced our vacation (such as how to use the free city bus to get around, which trails to hike and which restaurants/bars to go to). In addition, they did their absolute best to accomodate any and all of our requests, such as more pool towels and fresh baked cookies. We will definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I was pleased to read that your stay with us was most enjoyable. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Have a great day!!!
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel was nice and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They helped us with where to hike and where to eat. They were really awesome! We almost couldn't wait to get back to the hotel at night to see them. We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Thank you so much for the great reveiw. I will share your comments with my entire team. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

We come up there to enjoy the Hot Springs in Steamboat Springs.
As a Group of 3 Adults and a 3 Year old, we decided to get a Suite. The Hotel was easy to find, since it is right of the Main-street. The Hotel himself is in really good condition, i didn't saw any damages on the building, and i like the Hut tubs and Swimming Pool outside, with covers,so there is no unnecessary loose of heat, while nobody uses it.
When you get in the Hotel, you have to reach the Lobby over stairs, they take you in a huge, luxuriant Room, where you find tables with fresh fruits, like apples and bananas (Its also the place you get your Breakfast). There are also TV's where you can watch news, a little bar where you get fresh Coffee 24/7. and of course the Lobby with the friendly and helpful personnel.
But there is also a elevator you could use to reach the second floor.
after Check in, we went to our room. It was a really nice room, with 3 beds, a table with chair, where i could follow up with my business. Also the Two TV's and and the big Bathroom was exciting. I really enjoy to get in this Hotel, everything was clean, and in perfect condition. And even when we had the suite on "Street-side" (probably 350feet away from street), i did not hear one car in the Bedroom. In the Morning when i got my Continental Breakfast, i was surprised again, i found a selection of cereals, Toast, fresh fruits, yogurt, eggs, waffles, and much more. i didn't had to eat for the rest of the day. it was really good.

It is just to bad we just stay there for one day, but i know, when ever i gonna be up there... i gonna stay in the Hampton Inn And Suites in Steamboat Springs again.

A big thanks to the friendly Team up there in the Rocky's

Tom

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Tom - Thank you so much for the great review. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. The staff and I look forward to seeing you again very soon. Have a great day!!!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

This was my third business trip staying at the Hampden Inn and Suites in Steamboat. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.The continental breakfast is delightful. The staff goes above and beyond our expectations. Their recommendations on dining and directions were wonderful. First class employees make it a pleasure for business travel.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you so much for the great review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for the great comments.

Have a great day!
Hudson, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

The rooms were clean, the staff were all attentive and friendly, pools were clean, and breakfast tasted great!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do hope that you visit us again soon. There is nothing better then summer in Steamboat.
Ludlow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

We arrived late in the evening yet we were checked in quickly and efficiently. Fruit, Coffee & tea service were available. We were asked if we could walk up 12 stairs-no problem! When we opened the door to our "Suite" we were amazed at the size of the room. (2 Queens, a fireplace, 2 bathrooms and a sitting room with microwave & refrigerator). The room smelled nice & the bed was ultra comfortable! This "home away from home" provided free breakfast; hot & cold items all nicely presented.... how about make your own waffle! The desk staff could not have been any nicer or more helpful when there was a "computer hog" & we needed to print our boarding documents! Location to downtown is excellent and on the free shuttle service line. We love staying here!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are open to train passing.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
CJCalvin, General Manager at Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so pleased that your stay with us was fantastic. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again next time you are in Steamboat. Have a great spring!!!

Been to Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs? Share your experiences!