Recommendations at this site inspired me to book a room at this hotel.
We were assigned a very odd room on the third floor, accessed by a flight of stairs (no elevator). We had a tiny bedroom with a King bed, separated from a weird and windowless sitting room that was of no use to us. There was a huge walk-in closet off the sitting room (a reckless use of space).
Our bed was covered with a duvet which was much too heavy and thick for the summer weather we were enjoying. When I called for a blanket, I was told that unlike every other hotel in the world, they don't have blankets.
The first time I reported that the exhaust in our bathroom was not working, the man who answered saying "guest services," hung up on me. The second time I called, the General Manager gave me the impression he was going to correct this unpleasant and unsanitary condition, but he didn't.
To receive satisfaction, I called Hilton Customer Service (800 548-8690) and a woman named Juanita got on my case and the Hampton Inn 100% Satisfaction Guarantee kicked in.
Later, when I received an apology from the General Manager, I took the opportunity to let him know that the duvets are too heavy and warm me and some of his guests, he responded that he stocks queen blankets but that Hampton Inn does not require him to stock king blankets, and, as a result, he doesn't. He invited me to return to sleep under a a too heavy and too warm duvet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the greatest of the great outdoors… Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs.Don't be surprised if you see folks racing down the slopes in cowboy hats when you visit Steamboat Springs. While we offer world-class snow skiing, our city still has its roots in cowboy culture. So much so that our town's signature store still sells Western wear! When you visit our comfortable hotel in Steamboat Springs, you'll be close to it all, including great dining, shopping and entertainment, as well as year-round outdoor activities.After a busy day of meetings or outdoor adventures, you'll want a hotel in Steamboat Springs where you can relax and unwind. And that's just what you'll find at the Hampton Inn & Suites® Steamboat Springs hotel. We're conveniently located just half a mile from historic downtown and just over a mile from the popular Steamboat Ski Resort.Get a bird's-eye view of the Rocky Mountains from a hot-air balloon... Soak away all your troubles in our incredible hot springs... Enjoy a hike to scenic Fish Creek Falls... Or see future stars of the rodeo circuit at one of our popular rodeos. All this and much more is here for you when you visit our friendly hotel in Steamboat Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Hampton Inn Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Hampton Inn