We had a great stay for two nights the last week of September, 2007. I booked it as a reward stay and through the Hilton HHonors website I was told that I would have a room with 2 beds, which while a king bed would have been preferred wasn’t the end of the world – especially when I wasn’t paying anything for the room.
When we arrived, it turned out we had something like a suite room with a king bed and a fold out couch, 2 TV’s, microwave, fridge, counter with sink, etc. I also requested in my notes when booking that we have an even numbered room (away from the parking lot and railroad track) and that’s what we received – even as a reward stay. Needless to say I was very pleasantly surprised. The room / hotel also appeared as though it may have been remodeled in the last year or so and was quite clean. It’s possible that the late September timing caught us squarely in the middle of the off season, and the hotel was not over busy, allowing us a room upgrade over what we may have had during ski season or the middle of summer.
As with most / all Hampton Inns, we took advantage of the free morning breakfast and coffee / tea / hot chocolate all day. Nice features when travelling with a child as you never know what they may want to eat.
All in all we had a great stay and I would stay here again. With our HHonors points, the stay cost us nothing.
Just a couple more observations…
- The hotel seems to be located about midway between downtown and the ski village. It worked fine for us, but if you want to stay right next to the mountain, you’ll want to find someplace else.
- Other reviews have noted noise from the train. We only saw the train once, when we were packing to leave. Our two days is a small sample size, but it doesn’t seem that train noise will be too much of a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the greatest of the great outdoors… Welcome to the Hampton Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs.Don't be surprised if you see folks racing down the slopes in cowboy hats when you visit Steamboat Springs. While we offer world-class snow skiing, our city still has its roots in cowboy culture. So much so that our town's signature store still sells Western wear! When you visit our comfortable hotel in Steamboat Springs, you'll be close to it all, including great dining, shopping and entertainment, as well as year-round outdoor activities.After a busy day of meetings or outdoor adventures, you'll want a hotel in Steamboat Springs where you can relax and unwind. And that's just what you'll find at the Hampton Inn & Suites® Steamboat Springs hotel. We're conveniently located just half a mile from historic downtown and just over a mile from the popular Steamboat Ski Resort.Get a bird's-eye view of the Rocky Mountains from a hot-air balloon... Soak away all your troubles in our incredible hot springs... Enjoy a hike to scenic Fish Creek Falls... Or see future stars of the rodeo circuit at one of our popular rodeos. All this and much more is here for you when you visit our friendly hotel in Steamboat Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Hampton Inn Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Hampton Inn