“Relaxation at it's best” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Hot Springs/ Geysers, Outdoors
Activities: Swimming, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Get out of the cold and into these natural mineral springs with a year-round average temperature of 104 degrees.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
“Relaxation at it's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent the evening soaking in the hot springs here. We can't speak to the lodging but for an evening trip it was well worth the bumps and snow to get there. Definitely take an all wheel/4 wheel vehicle as the road is not cleared and can be quite snowy.

I was lucky and brought flip flops as no one else seems to remember this item at hot springs. The ground is ice you will be glad you did it!

Clothing is option after dark and it was filled with a lot of younger folk doing such so don't bring children or those offended by such things!

Visited March 2013

Mideast U.S.
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Get there before dark so you can explore while you can see everything as there are no lights.
You have to take a 4x4 up there or take the shuttle. Shuttle was I think $40 or more vs. $10 if you drive up on your own and come/go when you want.

This is going to spoil me for all other hot springs!

Mahopac, New York
“This place is beautiful !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We were 4 guys 40-50 on a guys ski trip and were a little sore after skiing hard for 2 previous days and a very good time in the SlopeSide Grill the night before (see my review) We asked the hotel concierge what we could do for the day under these circumstances, and at her suggestion we took the twenty minute extremely scenic ride to the hot springs. We were a little reluctant at first when we got there (man thing) but once we got past it we were all glad we did it. we went during the day and the air temp was a balmy 6 degrees Fahrenheit. The water was very warm and refreshing at about 108 & 100 & 80 depending which pool you got in. We were told that at night clothing is optional ? maybe if I was with my wife, but if I'm with the ski buddies I'll go in the daytime LOL only a $10 entry fee for the day or night or both if you desire. Enjoy!

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Hot Springs, Cold Winter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I went with a bunch of friends during the day and we had a great time. It is nice to go during the day as you can see the surrounding area, which is beautiful. We parked at a pull off and walked to the springs on the road, it wasn't a bad walk but I don't recommend it for children or people who will get tired after some up/downhill. Definitely only can get there in cars that have 4 wheel drive, so beware! I partially wished we were driving but it was also rewarding to finally reach the springs after a little bit of a workout. Plus you get to really enjoy the beautiful Apsen stands on the way. We had a lot of fun splashing around in the different temperature pools.

Bring: flip flops, a towel or bathrobe (you can rent a towel for $1), and some water to drink so you don't get dehydrated! And snacks...always a good idea to bring snacks!

Cullman, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
“Not worth the trouble”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was the worst experience we had in Steamboat Springs. It was a mickey mouse operation we took a shuttle the driver gives you a garbage bag ,a flashlight and leads you halfway down to a cabin he says is warm and he will meet us there in 1 and a half hour we stayed in the hot springs about 40 min and got out to dry off and put on clothes we found out your body will retain heat for about 1 min but it takes about 3 or 4 min to dry off and get clothed at this point you will be beyond freezing and head for the warm cozy cabin only to find out the cabin smells like propane and the heater doesnt work the attitude of the workers was like we already have your money and we could care less I can deal with the cold and I understand thing break down their attitude made this a very bad trip I would not recommend any one taking this tour