“Stinky!” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2700 Village Drive, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Stinky!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

There was a foul, dirty smell in our condo the entire stay. Maybe it was mold? My fiancé was wheezing and had asthma attacks and I was really congested when in the room. We felt great when outside. We couldn't take it and went home early.
We spoke with the front desk staff and were told they "would make a note of it".
Also the decor was old and outdated.
Don't stay in room d-202!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at The Lodge At Steamboat, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for returning to try the Lodge again in late March after this stay that you described. It was nice to meet you and your fiancé. I am glad you enjoyed your second visit and I was happy to hear that your first stay was not indicative of the Lodge or our service. Please come see us again very soon. Best wishes, Andy Weynand General Manager

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We are a family of six, and rented a three-bedroom condo. It was perfect. Lots of hooks for jackets, etc., well-appointed kitchen and close to store and mountain. We walked to the mountain each day - a 5-7 minute walk. We left our skis in the Ski Corral for $5 a night - would be nice if Wyndham worked out a deal for free ski storage at the base of the Gondola. The unit was clean and spacious. We have traveled a lot as a family and stayed in lots of ski towns. This was one of the best experiences. Buford at the front desk drove us to our restaurant when we missed the shuttle and everyone was very friendly and willing to help with anything we needed. Would absolutely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at The Lodge At Steamboat, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of The Lodge. I am glad you had such a great family vacation. Thank you for mentioning Buford! He is a superstar and loves helping our guests. I will commend him on his guest service. Please come back to the Lodge and stay with us again. Cordially Andy Weynand – General Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This place hits the sweet spot - very close to the base of the mountain, but less than half the price of the ski-in-ski-out condos. We have been to this property three times- we evaluate alternatives every time, but nothing beats it. We have had two and three bedroom condos, all spacious with a large living area and well-appointed kitchens. There is a small store a block away, so families who don't want to eat every meal out can get simple groceries and prepare meals in the condo. The condos have always been clean, and other than having to call for hot tub towels, we had no issues with housekeeping. The office staff were very friendly and the bus service to the town of Steamboat Springs is great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of The Lodge. Thank you for mentioning our great location. The Lodge really is just across the street from the slopes. Your repeat business is very important to us and I hope you will return again very soon. Please let me know if there is anything special I can do for you. Best Wishes Andy Weynand – General Manager-970-879-6000
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The Lodge has a lot going for it. We booked a one bedroom suite, and we're given a lovely apartment in C building. It was actually a two bedroom unit, but with the second bedroom and bathroom locked off. It was spacious, well appointed, very comfortable, and had everything we needed. There was no view to speak of, but that didn't really matter.

The location is excellent, just a short walk from the ski lifts - but there's also a free shuttle service to Gondola Square. There are also shuttles to downtown Steamboat, which were excellent. The drivers were without exception fantastic - they'd drop you off wherever you wanted to go, and were all friendly and helpful. Staff at the Lodge's front desk were similarly great.

There was just one area which let down The Lodge, and that was housekeeping. Rooms are serviced every other day, which is ota problem when it's done properly. But it really was hit and miss - towels were sometimes changed and sometimes not, the bed was very rarely made (even though we made sure that, as per instructions, there were no 'personal items' on the bed), and replenishment of soap etc was erratic. You can get supplies from reception, but you really shouldn't have to. Cleaning seems minimal - which is fine if you're staying for just a few days, but we were there for mealy a fortnight, so bedside tables, the tv cabinet etc were pretty dusty by the end.

Over all, though, the positives outweigh the negatives, and we'd be happy to return to the Lodge. And if they can get the housekeeping right, there's no doubt it would get a rating of five out of five.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at The Lodge At Steamboat, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your candid review of our property and housekeeping services. I apologize that we failed to provide the best housekeeping service for your family. I have shared your comments with our team and we are using them to learn and improve the consistency of our service. We will redouble our efforts to provide outstanding housekeeping to our guests coming for the great spring skiing. I hope you will give us a second chance and return soon. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of service for your next visit. Andy Weynand – General Manager- 970-879-6000
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I traveled with a ski club to The Lodge, building "A." The three bedroom condo was spacious and well appointed. The condo accommodated five adults easily and could have been fine for one or two more. One couple shared the master bedroom, a single in the second room and two in twin beds in the third room. Each room had its own bathroom. The bathroom, kitchen and living areas were clean. The staff who serviced the condo were friendly and fast. The kitchen was well equipped. The staff at the main building were friendly. It was a short walk to the gondola area. The lodge bus was easy to use and the drivers were friendly and accommodating often taking us directly to our buildings at the end of the ski day or night out. Both the main building staff and the bus drivers knew the local area providing accurate reviews of restaurants and bars. The local deli/package store and a good Mexican restaurant were only a short walk away.

The only con was the twin bed was so soft and small it was barely comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at The Lodge At Steamboat, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Lodge by Wyndham Vacation Rentals. I think the three bedroom condos at the Lodge are some of the nicest on the mountain. I will print your review and share it with our team. -Thank you for mentioning them for their good service.

Our owners are always interested in feedback from guests and if you have time, please call or email me with the specific unit you stayed in. I would like to follow up on the twin bed you mentioned. Thank you again. Andy Weynand – General Manager andy.weynand@wynvr.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

by the staff, along with spacious, well-appointed quarters, made my first stay at Steamboat remarkable. The competent and gracious staff didn't hesitate to come walk me through navigating the cable TV, call the shuttle driver who'd just left and ask him to make a quick U-turn for me, or find and send me a treasured ski cap that I'd left in the room when I departed. My room was a comfortable one-bedroom apartment, not a hotel room. When I go back to Steamboat -- and I will -- I'll definitely stay at The Lodge again.

Room Tip: Unit D is closest to the short trail to the gondola at the ski area.