In order to give each facet of the trip its fair share, I need to break it down:
The accommodations: We stayed in the villas. They are brand new and gorgeous. The dark wood, rich colors, beautiful marble and tasteful decorations give the villa the mountain feel that compliments the area of Steamboat Springs. We stayed in a 3bd villa with a view of the mountain. Each room had its own bedroom, two robes and beautiful linens. The living quarters were spacious and beautiful with a table for 8, a fireplace and a breakfast bar where our guests sat and hung out. The villas have their own private spas at the top floor which were beautiful, comfortable and would be wonderful on a crisp winter evening. Overall, beautiful.
The building: The hotel facade could use some updating but the inside is beautiful. The lobby, saddles lounge, business area and fitness center are all excellently updated.
The staff: Immediately we were greeted with warmth and comfort. The girl that checked us in surprised us by informing us that we had been upgraded to a 3bd instead of the 2bd that we booked. She asked us why we were in Steamboat and was so excited when we told her that we were getting married. We met with Wendy who gave us an intro to Steamboat and all its activities. After we told her that we did not want to do an owner's update because of a terrible experience at another resort, she assured us that the meeting would only be an hour to respect our time and we would be compensated very well. Allison, the woman handling the update, was friendly, warm, positive and respectful. It was a big difference from our other owner's update. The rest of the staff from the maintenance men to the bellhops were awesome and very helpful.
The location: It sits at the base of the mountain which in ski season is perfect. During the summer, it worked out perfectly as well. We walked to Cafe Diva, one of Steamboat's best restaurants just around the corner from the resort. There was a concert during our stay that we could see from the balcony of our villa. You are just a few blocks away from City Market, Walmart, and about 12 minutes away from downtown Steamboat where there are shops, restaurants, bars, etc. There are some great hikes as you step out of the property and quick access to other hiking, atv rides, fishing, etc. Overall, great location.
In conclusion: stay in the villas. We cannot speak for the hotel because they are separate but the villas are beautiful. The villa and the staff made our stay in Steamboat truly memorable. We will definitely look to stay here again and have even talked about buying here. It is that excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Rockies, the Sheraton Steamboat Resort in Steamboat Springs, CO offers skiing, hiking, horseback riding, an 18-hole golf course, and more. We also have ski packages and on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Steamboat Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Steamboat Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Sheraton Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Sheraton