“Best location and amenities on the slopes!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Steamboat Resort

You added Sheraton Steamboat Resort to your Saves list
Sheraton Steamboat Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   2200 Village Inn Court, P.O. Box 774808, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Greenville, NC
“Best location and amenities on the slopes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed in the condo units, which are 1st class! Second year on a row and better this year because the hot tubs were open and great! The music festival was going on that week and the whole area was packed but the Sheraton handled the crowd well. Service in the bar was slow, maybe a bit understaffed for the crowd, but otherwise excellent and with a great attitude. Going back!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great stay, nice room, perfect location slope side and such great staff to help unload all the gear that comes with a ski trip and organize it, give tips, take it to the ski shop and our room - super friendly and extremely helpful.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

for the noisy room.This hotel had construction going on but the noise wasn't from that. Our room was just noisy. You could hear passersby in the hall, toilets flushing above and around you and showers running.

Pros: Great location. So convenient. Very family friendly.Bar was great for adults and children alike and the staff as a whole were very friendly. Parking and ski storage was super easy and convenient. Food was good too though we only ate in the bar and had breakfast at Starbucks.

General Comment: this hotel is very Sheraton in its look. Don't expect a ski lodge feel from the rooms.

Room Tip: Definitely get an upper floor room if possible.
Indianapolis IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This really is a great hotel. They are located directly in the heart of it all. Perfect for families with children. The guys at the front desk were super friendly and allowed us to check into our rooms early. The beds are just super comfortable. Housekeeping was always reliable and done early in the day. We had no problem with WIFI. They have a really nice fitness facility in the lower level for those that don't want to ski. My only complaint is, the food served in the restaurant needs to be better. We went for dessert one evening and had a "homemade" cobbler and it was clearly cooked in the microwave and cold in the middle. The "warm" chocolate chip cookies and milk were not so hot. They tasted like Chips Ahoy. Really, this resort needs to hire a new chef. On a positive note, the french fries looked delectable. I saw them coming out of the kitchen to the masses at Apres-Ski. I will definitely return.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at The Sheraton Steamboat for 1 week at the end of December through the New Year. The hotel location is excellent with a back door at the Christy Express lift. My wife doesn't ski and she thoroughly enjoyed sitting on the deck of the restaurant watching the skiers. We had two connecting rooms that were not exactly luxurious, but certainly clean and comfortable. Pretty much what you would expect from a good Sheraton. I would say the only negatives were the difficulty in getting a table après ski at the restaurants (I was there for the holidays) and the fact that I had a loud barking dog a few nights. I would certainly go back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SSR_Luis_O, Manager at Sheraton Steamboat Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Hairycane,

We were thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us so much. I am also glad to hear your wife was able to enjoy our Deck to relax while watching others enjoy the mountain. We look forward to your next visit to Sheraton Steamboat Resort.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Village Inn Condos (Sheraton); the location is simply unbeatable, right next to the Gondola, which makes this a great choice. Ski storage is included, also a great perk. The beds and mattresses are awesome! (2 King Beds + Sleeper sofa in living room). The shuttle services to and from town are very convenient. However, when you hear many times "I am so sorry" from the staff, something is not quite right. The floor washer was not working (no washer & dryer in condos) and maintenance took days to fix it, after wasting money in quarters and soap (no, the hotel did not offer to refund). As we had run out of food on the last day, we had breakfast on the last day and even though the place did not seem to be full, there was a queue of about 8 people waiting - something is wrong with staff, not quite to Sheraton standards. Would I stay there again? Perhaps.

Room Tip: Even though view is great, you will avoid the 'beep-beep' from groomers at 5-6am if you stay...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pablo T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback with us and with others. I was glad to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location while you were here as well as the Condo you stayed in. Also, please accept my apologies for the challenges you experienced as our guest. We pride ourselves in exceeding our guests' expectations in every encounter. Your feedback will allow us to continue moving towards this goal.

We hope to welcome you back to Sheraton Steamboat Resort on your next trip to Steamboat Springs.
Lafayette, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Sheraton is at the perfect spot on the mountain, and we love the lobby and game room. But, unfortunately, that is where the positive comments end. Reception tried to put us in a room right by the pool renovation. It smelled strongly of sealer and gave me and my daughter a headache after 10 minutes of being in the room. They did move us once we complained. But, why use the room to begin with???
Also, I accidentally left my nano and speaker dock in the room at departure. I called that night and about 7 times over the following 10 days, talking with various people, who all said that they would check into it. NO ONE has called me back. Two days ago, I finally asked to leave a message with the manager of the hotel, and HE still has NOT gotten back with me. I know that it was my fault for leaving $300 of goods behind, but one would think that the hotel could follow up on the issue with in a couple of days at the most.
We usually book a VRBO at Steamboat, and we will be sticking with that in the future.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool renovation.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
SSR_Luis_O, Manager at Sheraton Steamboat Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear scubapro1777,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We always strive to exceed each of our guests' expectations. Unfortunetly it appears we fell short on this goal in regards to your recent visit. I am unsure who you left a message with regarding your lost items, but I would be happy to assist in any way I can. I can be reached via email at luis.olivas@sheraton.com. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Been to Sheraton Steamboat Resort? Share your experiences!