This is a lovely resort area. The ski lift and gondola are steps away from the hotel. Lovely views from every window. The negative when we were there was the inefficiency of the staff produced I believe by understaffing. My bill was totally messed up with charges from other rooms. Hardly the fault of the reception staff, but they waste their time trying to fix mistakes and it is frustrating for the guest as well.
The service in the bar area is painfully slow. As it often is in the restaurant---although the food is often quite good. Try the bananas foster French toast, the eggs Benedict or the eggs florentine. I felt the waitresses were overworked, but they were cheerful and tried to be helpful.
Platinum members--this hotel does not give you access to the lounge. They give you one drink per room per day in lieu of access which you can not use for two people at the same time, so if you have two people, it sort of becomes a two for one deal in your pocket.
I actually liked this hotel a great deal and I hope that the problems I encountered were the result of the busy holiday season. I would give it another try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Rockies, the Sheraton Steamboat Resort in Steamboat Springs, CO offers skiing, hiking, horseback riding, an 18-hole golf course, and more. We also have ski packages and on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Starwood so you can book your Sheraton Steamboat Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Steamboat Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Sheraton Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Sheraton