We wanted to get out of town for the weekend and see the leaves changing in the mountains. Steamboat is the perfect place for that. Found a good deal on the Sheraton through a travel membership site and were happy to see they accept dogs at no additional fee. When we got there we realized they are under construction. We were dismayed to see that the pool was part of that since we always try to find a hotel with a pool for our son. The front desk people were very apologetic and said they sent notices to all of their partners asking them to make it clear they are undergoing improvements. Not a big deal - they made sure we were in a room as far away from construction noise as possible and we never heard a thing. We just went into town to the hot springs pools to swim.
The staff was very friendly and attentive though we didn't need much.
The location is right at the base of the ski area and village. The village is closed down this time of year but there were several open restaurants in addition to those available at the hotel.
We try to bring our dog with us wherever we go and were so happy with the Sheraton for making it easy. There are many places right outside for walking with plenty of poop-bag dispensers and waste bins. Our dog is well behaved and the others that we saw there seemed to be as well. They have rules about barking and, of course, waivers to sign in case of damage.
The Sheraton now includes complimentary continental breakfast and a happy hour in the evenings. We had continental one morning - pretty much standard for this type of breakfast - cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. with very fresh fruit. The other morning we ordered eggs benedict from the menu and it was really good.
The bedcovers are really the only complaint we would have. The sheets are somewhat stiff, which makes it loud when anyone in the rooms turns over. The duvets are really heavy - my husband was too hot and I had to keep kicking the covers off of my feet because I sleep on my back and my toes hurt from the weight. I'm sure some people like heavy comforters though.
Most of the stores in the hotel were closed during construction but they look like really high quality shops.
It was a really nice getaway and we hope to return during ski season and after construction to see how everything turns out. It's a really nice hotel and I'm sure it will be even better once the improvements are done.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Steamboat Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Sheraton Steamboat Hotel
- Sheraton Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on the Rockies, the Sheraton Steamboat Resort in Steamboat Springs, CO offers skiing, hiking, horseback riding, an 18-hole golf course, and more. We also have ski packages and on-site dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Steamboat Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.