“Fabulous retreat, excellent customer service, and immaculate grounds and facilities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs

You added Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs to your Saves list
Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1036 Lincoln Avenue, PO Box 773118, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

The Nordic Lodge stay began with one of the owners warmly and personally greeting me at the front desk. This was followed by an explanation of the ammenities on the premises (hot tub and pool) and current information on what is happening in town. The owner even pointed out coupons and specials that restaurants within walking distance were running over the weekend. The owners and staff also made special accommodations in the breakfast schedule and check-out times for the marathon runners, opening an hour early at 5am to let runner eat before catching the buses.

I will most certainly return to the Nordic Lodge and recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

We stayed at the Nordic Lodge this past Friday night and received exactly what we were looking for....A clean and centrally located place for the 4 of us. They allow pets but you can't tell there are any around, are right downtown within walking of all the great restaurants, shops, etc. Most importantly the owners were very helpful in recommending great hikes, places to eat, etc. This hotel is a great value if your objective is to have a well suited home base for a lot of outdoor activity with friends, family, and pets.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

This is a great place to stay -- clean, well-appointed rooms at a reasonable price combined with excellent service from the staff. The manager directed us to a local restaurant (which runs 2-for-1 specials) where we enjoyed an excellent meal . The pool/hot tub area looks completely new and is in a secluded area next to a stream.
The microwave and refrigerator in each room as well as the laundry facility further adds to the economy and convenience of the lodge. This is not the only place we've stayed in Steamboat but will definitely be the only place to which we return on future visits. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

I stumbled upon the hotel and thought it looked modernized and clean. I walked in and the owner was very nice and helpful. He instructed me on some great restaurants in the area. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. No Motel 6 bed going on here. I also liked that there was a plug above the nightstand for easy access rather than digging behind the bed.. Nice touches to room such as wooden computer desk and flat screen tv. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I don't know why this hotel is so recommended. Other than its location downtown and a relatively inexpensive price, I would never stay here again nor would I recommend it. Think Motel 6 and you get the idea of the set up and room size. They had no record of my reservation...the rooms were musty...the breakfast was a couple of boxes of cereal and a box of donuts on the counter. No tea. No decaf coffee. (and nothing in the room). You always had to ring to find a desk clerk. There is road construction going on out front and the workers stay in hotel. I had workers clomping up and down the stairs at all hours and a big rig idling outside my window and when I told the clerk that I had not slept all night because of the noise and asked him to cancel the remainder of my stay, he was rude ( I believe he said, "I live here too and I didn't hear nothing"). I moved down to the Fairfield on the edge of town and they were terrific. A King suite for $75 (and I had paid $99 at the Nordic Lodge). A good breakfast. They had construction crews staying there as well but I did not hear any noise. They are also renovating their rooms but the workers came and left while I was out during the day. So I slept peacefully as the snowflakes fluttered down outside my window.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

My boyfriend and I had been planning our first trip to Steamboat for a few weeks, so I checked out plenty of reviews to get a feel for the town. From the other reviews, we narrowed our prospective lodging to two choices, but after calling the Nordic Lodge first, I didn’t even bother checking availability of the other hotel. Nordic was so helpful, with detailed and friendly answers to all of my questions, and very reasonable rates. Upon check-in, the owner Gregg asked about our plans – which were to rent snowshoes the first day– but instead, Gregg insisted that we borrow his 2 pairs! He also pointed us in the direction of some great trails, and we saved the rental $. The room was larger than I had expected, and very clean! The complimentary breakfast was relatively standard –fruit, granola bars, bagels, toast, donuts, pastries, waffles, pancakes, milk, cereal, juice, and coffee. The staff at the Nordic was super friendly and had excellent suggestions for everything: dining, shopping, outdoor activities, etc. If you are looking to stay in downtown Steamboat, I would absolutely suggest Nordic Lodge!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I'm a very choosy traveler, and loved the Nordic Lodge. This is an excellent lower price point hotel option for those wanting to ski in Steamboat.

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Motel, exterior door, type setup. Flat screen TV's, microwaves in room and comfortable beds.

The owner was VERY helpful and friendly. Very accomodating when we arrived before check in time to store our bags while we shopped locally.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Nordic Lodge of Steamboat Springs? Share your experiences!