“Ask Wendy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Snowmass Resort

You added The Westin Snowmass Resort to your Saves list
The Westin Snowmass Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Elbert Lane, Snowmass Village, CO 81615 (Formerly The Silvertree Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Ask Wendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Ask Wendy at the front desk if you need anything and she will make it work out.
We wanted to change hotel to Westin at Snowmass in Aspen, Colorado, but couldn't get a room. In a few hours she had fixed it for us and we got a room.
The girls at the breakfast room do a great job too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JCurnow, General Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hello Sacha S! Thank you for positng and thank you for the great feedback on Wendy from our front office! She does a great job! Thanks also for mentioning the team in the Snowmass Kitchen. Glad you enjoyed and hope you visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I must say the hotel management really cares about us (its guest). we had a slight issue with our room were the heat didn't work and we were freezing. Instead of ruining my wife and infant son's vacation Kevin Viggers came and more than made up for the inconvenience. His years of experience in guest relations really showed & was clearly evident. The rest of the hotel staff we encountered were following Kevin's lead. Nathan the day manager was helpful as well. As far as the property, it's really wonderful as well. Nikolai gives one of the best deep tissue massages I've ever had. Location is great, staff is great, ski in ski out access is great, hotel is great everything is superb . So thank you Kevin & thank You Westin for a wonderful vacation. See you next season! Oh yes, it also helps that its on one of the BEST MOUNTAINS IN THE COUNTRY.
I have seen some negative reviews stating no turndown service but its nice to see they act upon the reviews. I enjoyed the chocolate turndown service.

Room Tip: love the high alpine double chair lift
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The bad comes with the good, but the good outweighs the bad...I took my brother here for a few days as a getaway. Upon arrival at ASE airport, I called for the shuttle and was told twenty minutes...spot on! My check-in was fast and well coordinated. I received an upgrade to a Premium Room because of my Platinum status with SPG that was very nice and had a great view of the slopes (Room 223). My check-out was fast and efficient. Evan made phenomenal omelets in the Snowmass Kitchen and Katrina, who was my waitress two days in a row, was very attentive.

There were a few things I was unsettled about. There are only two elevators and during busy times the wait time was long. Many times I would take the stairs, but it is difficult in ski boots. On day two of my stay, I received a phone call at 5:10 AM asking if I was coming downstairs to take the airport shuttle when it was not even my day to leave. Housekeeping was running the vacuum at 8:40 PM. I chose the "going green" option for two days of my stay and never received a voucher, either day, under my door from housekeeping. I assumed this was because the hotel is a paperless hotel, but that proved to be wrong and housekeeping simply never left the vouchers; If I never checked at the front desk, I would have never received my bonus points. The Snowmass Kitchen was extremely overpriced. It was $12 for continental breakfast (bagels/cereal/yogurt/fruit) and $25 for the breakfast buffet (continental breakfast + omelets/bacon/sausage/other hot food).

I did not use the spa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Westin lobby and rooms are like a typical business hotel. However, I have a few concerns regarding this property. 1. our tub was filthy there was a brown substance smeared alongside the side of the tub and on the floor of the tub. I hate to think it was feces! Disgusting!! I wish I had shower shoes! The heat wasnt working our first night so they bought a space heater to our room which did the trick. However, a hotel of this caliber ( Starwood brand) should have working heat. The room was spacious and we had a nice balcony. The staff could use a few lessons in hospitality as some at the front desk were a little snotty. However, I also encountered nice staff members who were beyond helpful including Jose who helped us with our luggage. The food ( Breakfast) at the onsite restaurant was good especially the banana pancakes + coffee = $20. However, the hostess barely understood English. Ummm maybe a course in English would be helpful, and im not saying this in a bad way, however, the language barrier was a bit annoying when trying to communicate. Overall, I prefer Aspen to snowmass, however if you MUST stay in snowmass this is a decent business hotel and one of the largest. The next option is the Viceroy. However, I would rather pay Viceroy prices and stay in Aspen (25 mins away ) than Snowmass which doesnt offer much in terms of accommodations or restaurant/bar options that are up to par with a real vacation experience especially if you are from a major city like Chicago, NYC, LA, Miami or D.C.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you want to relax after a great day of snowboarding, please ask for Nicoloy Garonov at the Westin SPA, the best massage therapist I have ever had. The SPA is very relaxing and personnel very friendly. Enjoy and have fun!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

so i have stayed at the Silvertree Hotel a number of times..it is on the slopes, ski in ski out so the location was great. Now that it is the newly anointed Westin, of course that hasn't changed--the location is still great. You have to realize that the original hotel runs up the slope so this time i was on the 8th floor, which is multiple elevators and a long walk to get up there.
The Silvertree sorely needed a remodel so the new updated rooms in the Westin Snowmass are significantly better--Westin qualtiy update, with in-room safe and a small refridgerator.
The lobby bar area is a nice upgrade and the fireplace is still there..but they eliminated the hotel laundry facility, which i had appreciated in the old Silvertree.
I hated the Snowmass Grill, overpriced and packed. Miss the old Brothers Grill which is gone.
As you would expect, it is very very expensive. I got into the elevator with a mom who was fuming over a room service bill over $40 for fries and nachos...i ate at the restaurants on the mall. So overall the rooms are nicely updated, still a great location, and really pricey--what else do you expect in Snowmass at the Westin? there is a new Starbucks coming in march at the Mall level.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tim J, Director of Sales at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your review on our renovated hotel facilities and services. We appreciate you taking the time and will use these comments to improve our products and services. We have been receiving many positive comments on the improvement to the facilities. As you mentioned, with the hotel being situated on the side of the mountain it is a different experience than many traditional box style hotels with multiple floors atop one another. While the building layout does offer more convenient access to the slopes for more guests and many more slope-view rooms than a traditional hotel layout would, it does create a further distance to travel than a stacked layout does.

We appreciate your comments on the food & beverage services. Our initial goal was to provide an enhanced dining experience and the convenience of multiple outlets within the complex. The creation of enhanced menu items did increase pricing compared to some of the old outlets, but we are continuing to research and develop less expensive items for guests to enjoy. As you mentioned the business levels in the Snowmass Kitchen are quite high due to guest demand as well. On your next visit be sure to visit The Bar at Wildwood, The New Belgium Ranger Station, Vue Lounge and Starbucks for some new options and enhanced price points.

Thanks for joining us. We look forward to being your hosts again sometime soon. Consider coming back for the summer. The weather is beautiful, activities plentiful and we are hosting some great music festivals and cultural events in 2013.
Paradise Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel got alot of bad reviews on Trip Advisor initially when it opened. So, it was with some trepidation that I made the reservation here for a ski trip.

The bottom line is that all in all, we had a great experience.

This is a renovated Hotel. This is not at all uncommon for a Westin. As a result, there are some limitations. Our room required a long walk and the use of two elevators. If this is a problem, I would highly recommend making a request at reservation and check an not to be in one of those rooms. Also, one should note that the rooms with 2 queen beds have bathtubs and the rooms with King beds have showers only. Older hotels have design flaws....take it or leave it.

The rooms are very nicely renovated. Our room had the look, feel, and smell of a brand-new property. The bedding was very comfortable. The climate control seemed to work fine.

The ski valet was very helpful and it provided an excellent service every day, even when crowded. It was so easy to have a nice place to put on all our gear and be only steps from the snow!

The concierge very helpful with dinner reservations.

All of the employees were in good spirits, helpful, and courteous.

Small points to improve:

1) As this is a ski resort, people are continuously moving large, bulky luggage through the front doors. Either put a doorman on duty(there is insufficient staff at the front of the hotel), or invest in automatic sliding doors.

2)It is true that the toilet in the guest rooms (room 789) are "reclaimed" and run intermittently. These should be repaired/replaced to save water.

3)Staffing should be adjusted based on hotel occupancy. When the hotel became busy on the last day of our stay, the service in the lobby lounge and car valet was insufficient.

4)As valet parking is a paid service, I expect it to be adequately staffed and provide prompt service. The hold time on the phone calling for the car and the wait time to have the car pulled around was excessive. However, the valet provided the best service they could. They went above and beyond for example scraping the ice off the windows prior to delivering the car.

As I said above, all in all this is a good property at a location cannot be beat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your comments on the resort. As you mentioned we are working within the confines and facilities of a renovated hotel built up the side of a mountain, so that creates a few logistical issues compared to a traditional stacked style hotel design, but hopefully the added convenience to the slopes and the better views help to make your stay enjoyable. The thing we can control is staffing and service and we are working hard to improve those components of the guest stay. As you mentioned, the heavy demand for this resort does create challenges with staffing levels during peak periods, but we are understanding better every day which areas we need to focus on. Thank you for your comments on a few improvements we can focus on. We are reviewing those with the appropriate teams and will work hard to make your next stay more enjoyable. Thank you for allowing us to be your hosts during your Snowmass vacation. We look forward to having you back again sometime soon. Keep an eye out for some great summer opportunities. This is a beautiful place in the summer, the activity list is endless and we host a variety of fun music festivals and cultural events. Come back for a summer visit if you get a chance!

Been to The Westin Snowmass Resort? Share your experiences!