Great Location! - nice staff!- decor has been updated to appear modern but the building is old and showing signs of age (leaking vintage cracked toilet in our room - also would run during the night and flush itself periodically - we called it in to maintenance and they fixed but it started doing it again within a day - our friends room had the original bath tub that needed to be replaced - heating and air were loud and problematic through out the week - a standard report from guests in the hotel.) There was a coat rack on our wall that clearly had 5 hooks at some point - 2 were ripped out of the wall and had been patched instead of replaced resulting in a lack of storage space - why the two hooks hadn't been replaced is not clear as it seems this would be an easy fix - but apparently the hotel didn't care to replace them. Not enough elevators and they also need updating (slow and we were stuck in one at one point when it decided to stop working with the door half way closed - we squeezed through the opening to get out but it was then out of service the next day resulting in long lines). The property is too large for the elevator capacity so if the hotel is fully booked be prepared to wait or take the steps with your ski boots on!! Housekeeping is very inconsistent - room was made up each day - but sometimes not until 4 or 5 pm - (sometimes we received two towels, sometimes 4, sometimes soap and no shampoo -sometimes the other way around -same with the bottled water, cups, glasses and coffee/tea, sugar, cream etc provided - could never be sure what you'd come back to and often had to put a call in for missing items to be replenished). Maintenance had a strange habit of refilling one of the two outdoor hot tubs with cold water and chemicals just in time for apres ski - resulting in everyone jamming into the one tub that was hot - why they would do this in the afternoon rather than the morning was a mystery to all of us. They also didn't seem to concerned about salting the area around the hot tub so watch your step - saw two guests slip getting out - one hitting the ground scrapping her elbow when she fell. Westin may have miscalculated this on in thinking that the slick interior renovation would be enough to cover the building and systems issues.The staff is very nice and seems they are trying - but I expect more from Westin - they are really going to have to step it up to bring this property up to the standards Westin guests are accustomed to.
- Also Known As:
- The Silvertree Hotel
- The Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- The Silvertree Hotel And Conference Center
- Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers guests ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain, which has more trails than any other mountain in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your The Westin Snowmass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.