“Much improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Snowmass Resort

You added The Westin Snowmass Resort to your Saves list
The Westin Snowmass Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Elbert Lane, Snowmass Village, CO 81615 (Formerly The Silvertree Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Snowmass Village
New York City, New York
“Much improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I must say I was very skeptical of the service and hospitality I was going to get before I came based on the early reviews. Service was pretty good. I requested 3 things and 2 of them were taken care of right away. I wanted a room that was close to the slopes since I heard it could be quite a hike if you were on the top floors and in the back. I also had to book my room on two reservations since I used points and also paid in cash. Because of this I wanted to have the same room during my entire stay. The last request was that I wanted a microwave in the room. I emailed the hotel a week before my stay and asked for these requests. They were very prompt in replying back and said they would do their best in terms of keeping me close to the slopes and getting a microwave. They said it shouldn't be a problem keeping me in the same room for my entire stay though. We checked in early (8am) and our room was ready and they were able to give us the same room for the whole stay. They also were able to give us a room on second floor which was super convenient since it is close to the slopes and also that is where the hot tub and pool is located. I had requested the microwave the night before and also when checking in and they said they would try and bring one to the room, but we never saw one and nobody let us know that they couldn't give us one. No big deal, but it would have been nice if someone told us we wouldn't be getting one. The ski valet was awesome as you just dropped your skis and boots off and they are waiting for you in the morning and the boots are warmed up. When you come back you drop them off again and now your shoes are warm also. I asked if I could get a lift down to the local market to pick up some food and they drove me down and even waited for me to finish my shopping and then drove me back. The first day of skiing we came back around 3:30 and house keeping was cleaning our room. No big deal for us since we just came back to drop some gear off and then went to go get some drinks. The other days the room was cleaned by the time we got back. The elevators are really slow. We were on the second floor so we ended up using the stairs a bunch of times because we got tired of waiting. Overall our stay was quite enjoyable and I think that they have worked out a lot of the kinks I read about since they opened.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Well apointed rooms, nice lobby area. Awful showerhead and crowded bathroom space.Whomever is running the in room dinning service has no idea what they are doing. Staff do not know what is on the menu, it is delivered in extremely tardy fashion, and when everyone in the hotel is aiming to hit the slopes early this matters.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JCurnow, General Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Dora, we appreciate your taking time to reach out directly to management regarding your poor experience with room service during your current stay. I have spoken to our food and beverage director who indicates he has spoken with you directly and believes we have provided satisfactory resolution to your issues. If not, please contact me directly. We are constantly working to improve our services and really appreciate the opportunity to address while a guest is in house versus to follow up after departure. Thanks you for that opportunity and I do hope you have great remainder of your stay here at the Westin.
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights along with another couple at Westin Snowmass. The ski-in/ski-out and the ski valet spoiled us and we don't want to go back to the old way of driving to the mountain and lugging ski's every day. We picked up our equipment in the morning and dropped it off in the evening. The room was quiet and comfortable. We asked for a humidifier since the air is so dry and room service quickly came and set it up. No problem, no charge.
I noticed how every employee I came in contact with either in the hotel or on the mountain was very friendly and seemed to enjoy their job. I mentioned this to the car valet (who is from Chile) and he remarked that he agrees and calls this his "happy place". He even told me how much he enjoys working for Starwoods. Quite an endorsement.
Of course, it didn't hurt that both the snow and weather were great.
We plan to come again with our adult children.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Malibu, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The former Silvertree Hotel in Snowmass has been given a terrific new chapter with the recent renovations and upgrades, not to mention the 'step up' on service provided by the Westin brand managing the property. we found the rooms to be clean and comfortable with nice decor. The common areas such as the Lobby and new restaurant felt very comfortable and look great. The food at Snowmass Kitchen, the on-site restaurant, was very, very good! My wife and I recommend this resort hotel to everyone interested in staying slopeside in Snowmass at a first class environment.

Room Tip: Anything facing the mountain is an excellent choice!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JCurnow, General Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hello Navy B B! Thank you for taking time to post your experience at the new Westin Snowmass Resort! Glad you enjoyed the service and the remodel to the former Silvertree! Also, fantastic that you enjoyed our new slope-side restaurant the Snowmass Kitchen! Chef's Ronnie Sanchez and Jami Flatt are doing a great job! Please return and thanks again for posting this review!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

An upgrade inside in appearance but not as functional only 3 drawers in the room which is really limiting if you are here to ski. Alo no laundry facilities which is really disappointing if you are here to ski for more than a few day.
Business center has only two computers. No notepads or phone books in room. Also had the ugliest lamp in the room that blocked some of the view out the widow. Ski valet shop well staffed but you can ' t charge to your room and they don't arrange to tune skis.

Staff were numerous and courteous.

Stayed January 2013
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I chose the Westin for our two-week long ski trip because we'd heard that it was ski-in / ski-out. Now that we've returned from our holiday, we can certainly vouch for that! The great ski valet team (located on the "M" level of the Westin) made sure that each of our 13 ski days started and ended well. In the morning, they made sure that our boots and skis were ready (and offered to help us put on our boots - I declined as I didn't want to accidentally kick them in the face!) and in the afternoon, after a day out on the slopes, they made sure that our skis were taken care of and our apres-ski boots were ready and waiting. Quite aside from the fantastic assistance the ski valet team gave us, they were always friendly, jovial and a great font of information and suggestions for where to go to eat in Snowmass or Aspen. (I would name them all individually to thank them, but am afraid that I'd leave someone out!)

On our last evening, the ski valet team went above and beyond. My husband had managed to rip a sizeable gash in the bottom of his ski (a consequence of skiing along the aptly-named Rock Garden trail), and we were concerned that as we were leaving for Australia first thing the following morning there wouldn't be enough time to repair the ski. Never fear - the ski valet team called up Aspen Sports to make sure that they could fix the ski that evening (and to do a general wax job on my skis, which were looking quite worn out), both pairs of skis were taken across for us and the paperwork duly filled out - and, remarkably, both skis were back at the Westin by 8pm that evening! Aspen Sports did a great job (my husband's skis now actually look brand new, and the gash is hardly noticeable). The following morning, before we left, the ski valet team called us in our room to make sure that we had our skis and that we were happy with the job that had been done. We were 100% happy with Aspen Sports - and 110% happy with the great work of the ski valet team.

As for the other parts of our stay at the Westin - we were very happy with our stay, with the staff at the front desk, with our room (we had a great slopeside room) and with the general amenities at the Westin (we visited the hot tub / spas once during our trip). We only ate at the restaurant once (for breakfast). Skiing is not an inexpensive past-time, and the Westin wasn't particularly cheap - but we considered it good value given its absolute ski-in / ski-out location and excellent ski valet team. On the strength of that alone, we'd certainly consider staying there again next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Westin Snowmass was a great place to stay for our snowboarding vacation. The hotel staff was terrific and so helpful! Nick at the bell desk was especially warm and friendly--he offered great suggestions for dining, après ski activities and transportation. The hotel is located right on the slopes which was so convenient. There are plenty of places close to the hotel to eat and shop. The hotel restaurant was also very good. The beds are so comfortable--we really hated to leave!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Westin Snowmass Resort? Share your experiences!