“Very Well Done!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Westin Snowmass Resort to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
The Westin Snowmass Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Elbert Lane, Snowmass Village, CO 81615 (Formerly The Silvertree Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Malibu, California
“Very Well Done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The former Silvertree Hotel in Snowmass has been given a terrific new chapter with the recent renovations and upgrades, not to mention the 'step up' on service provided by the Westin brand managing the property. we found the rooms to be clean and comfortable with nice decor. The common areas such as the Lobby and new restaurant felt very comfortable and look great. The food at Snowmass Kitchen, the on-site restaurant, was very, very good! My wife and I recommend this resort hotel to everyone interested in staying slopeside in Snowmass at a first class environment.

Room Tip: Anything facing the mountain is an excellent choice!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JCurnow, General Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Hello Navy B B! Thank you for taking time to post your experience at the new Westin Snowmass Resort! Glad you enjoyed the service and the remodel to the former Silvertree! Also, fantastic that you enjoyed our new slope-side restaurant the Snowmass Kitchen! Chef's Ronnie Sanchez and Jami Flatt are doing a great job! Please return and thanks again for posting this review!

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

An upgrade inside in appearance but not as functional only 3 drawers in the room which is really limiting if you are here to ski. Alo no laundry facilities which is really disappointing if you are here to ski for more than a few day.
Business center has only two computers. No notepads or phone books in room. Also had the ugliest lamp in the room that blocked some of the view out the widow. Ski valet shop well staffed but you can ' t charge to your room and they don't arrange to tune skis.

Staff were numerous and courteous.

Stayed January 2013
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I chose the Westin for our two-week long ski trip because we'd heard that it was ski-in / ski-out. Now that we've returned from our holiday, we can certainly vouch for that! The great ski valet team (located on the "M" level of the Westin) made sure that each of our 13 ski days started and ended well. In the morning, they made sure that our boots and skis were ready (and offered to help us put on our boots - I declined as I didn't want to accidentally kick them in the face!) and in the afternoon, after a day out on the slopes, they made sure that our skis were taken care of and our apres-ski boots were ready and waiting. Quite aside from the fantastic assistance the ski valet team gave us, they were always friendly, jovial and a great font of information and suggestions for where to go to eat in Snowmass or Aspen. (I would name them all individually to thank them, but am afraid that I'd leave someone out!)

On our last evening, the ski valet team went above and beyond. My husband had managed to rip a sizeable gash in the bottom of his ski (a consequence of skiing along the aptly-named Rock Garden trail), and we were concerned that as we were leaving for Australia first thing the following morning there wouldn't be enough time to repair the ski. Never fear - the ski valet team called up Aspen Sports to make sure that they could fix the ski that evening (and to do a general wax job on my skis, which were looking quite worn out), both pairs of skis were taken across for us and the paperwork duly filled out - and, remarkably, both skis were back at the Westin by 8pm that evening! Aspen Sports did a great job (my husband's skis now actually look brand new, and the gash is hardly noticeable). The following morning, before we left, the ski valet team called us in our room to make sure that we had our skis and that we were happy with the job that had been done. We were 100% happy with Aspen Sports - and 110% happy with the great work of the ski valet team.

As for the other parts of our stay at the Westin - we were very happy with our stay, with the staff at the front desk, with our room (we had a great slopeside room) and with the general amenities at the Westin (we visited the hot tub / spas once during our trip). We only ate at the restaurant once (for breakfast). Skiing is not an inexpensive past-time, and the Westin wasn't particularly cheap - but we considered it good value given its absolute ski-in / ski-out location and excellent ski valet team. On the strength of that alone, we'd certainly consider staying there again next year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Westin Snowmass was a great place to stay for our snowboarding vacation. The hotel staff was terrific and so helpful! Nick at the bell desk was especially warm and friendly--he offered great suggestions for dining, après ski activities and transportation. The hotel is located right on the slopes which was so convenient. There are plenty of places close to the hotel to eat and shop. The hotel restaurant was also very good. The beds are so comfortable--we really hated to leave!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We just loved the Westin Snowmass experience. The staff are so friendly: The doormen and drivers (Nico was fantastic), so knowledgable and obliging. The ski valet guys (Matt particularly) always helpful and personable, the Breakfast staff too were always bright and attentive. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The lobby vibe is relaxed, warm and welcoming, lots of light and a lovely outlook. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The maid service was very thorough. (Only downside was the plumbing a little noisy from other rooms). We were considering the Viceroy where our friends were staying, but really, we wouldn't bother, the Westin was great for us. The Viceroy was dark and not great for families. The Westin Location is fabulous, so easy to get to all the restaurants and shops and to ski in and out. The free driver service around the village is a real plus! We will definitely go again! Well done Westin!

Room Tip: We asked for a mountain view with balcony. It overlooked the pool, and was beautifully sunny and lig...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Due to some transportation problems, I arrived very late. Monique, the girl at the front desk, was so sweet and friendly. I was tired and probably a bit grumpy but she had me laughing at the craziness of my day. She was efficient, very helpful and definitely got my stay off to a great start. I also appreciated her knowledge of the Aspen area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bonita, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We are currently staying at the Westin in Snowmass/Aspen, Colorado for one week for a Rheumatology meeting and for fun as well. This hotel's customer service has exceeded my expectations. My stay started with Kevn picking me up from the airport in the SUV. He was very helpful with my bags and was friendly and as we were driving towards the hotel, he would point out different facts about the area and engaged in friendly conversation. He was efficient and punctual. We were greeted with offers to take our bags to our rooms. We didn't need any assistance but appreciated the offer. The rooms meets the expectations of Westin with the clean lines and the heavenly bed and shower and towels. However, what really made my stay was the customer service of Jon Alers in Security. I had been at the Spa earlier in the evening and left my Iphone in the robe pocket. I didn't realize it until later and so when we called the desk, he said he would look into it and call us back. I was sure that no one would really look into it and it would be gone. But--within 10 minutes, he knocked on our door and there he was with my Iphone. He took the time to find it! I was impressed with that level of customer service! I felt bad that all I had in cash for a tip was 4 bucks, but I certainly hope that he knows how much I appreciated how Westin has instilled in their employees the concept of going above and beyond. I will definitely return here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Snowmass Resort? Share your experiences!