My husband and I chose the Westin for our two-week long ski trip because we'd heard that it was ski-in / ski-out. Now that we've returned from our holiday, we can certainly vouch for that! The great ski valet team (located on the "M" level of the Westin) made sure that each of our 13 ski days started and ended well. In the morning, they made sure that our boots and skis were ready (and offered to help us put on our boots - I declined as I didn't want to accidentally kick them in the face!) and in the afternoon, after a day out on the slopes, they made sure that our skis were taken care of and our apres-ski boots were ready and waiting. Quite aside from the fantastic assistance the ski valet team gave us, they were always friendly, jovial and a great font of information and suggestions for where to go to eat in Snowmass or Aspen. (I would name them all individually to thank them, but am afraid that I'd leave someone out!)
On our last evening, the ski valet team went above and beyond. My husband had managed to rip a sizeable gash in the bottom of his ski (a consequence of skiing along the aptly-named Rock Garden trail), and we were concerned that as we were leaving for Australia first thing the following morning there wouldn't be enough time to repair the ski. Never fear - the ski valet team called up Aspen Sports to make sure that they could fix the ski that evening (and to do a general wax job on my skis, which were looking quite worn out), both pairs of skis were taken across for us and the paperwork duly filled out - and, remarkably, both skis were back at the Westin by 8pm that evening! Aspen Sports did a great job (my husband's skis now actually look brand new, and the gash is hardly noticeable). The following morning, before we left, the ski valet team called us in our room to make sure that we had our skis and that we were happy with the job that had been done. We were 100% happy with Aspen Sports - and 110% happy with the great work of the ski valet team.
As for the other parts of our stay at the Westin - we were very happy with our stay, with the staff at the front desk, with our room (we had a great slopeside room) and with the general amenities at the Westin (we visited the hot tub / spas once during our trip). We only ate at the restaurant once (for breakfast). Skiing is not an inexpensive past-time, and the Westin wasn't particularly cheap - but we considered it good value given its absolute ski-in / ski-out location and excellent ski valet team. On the strength of that alone, we'd certainly consider staying there again next year!
- Also Known As:
- The Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- The Silvertree Hotel
- The Silvertree Hotel And Conference Center
- Silvertree Hotel Snowmass Village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Snowmass Village, the Westin Snowmass Resort offers guests ski-in/ski-out access to Snowmass Mountain, which has more trails than any other mountain in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Westin Snowmass Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.