“Great hotel! Great location! Great service! Great food.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Snowmass Resort

Save Saved
You added The Westin Snowmass Resort to your Saves list
The Westin Snowmass Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Elbert Lane, Snowmass Village, CO 81615 (Formerly The Silvertree Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 16 hotels in Snowmass Village
“Great hotel! Great location! Great service! Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Ski in ski out with friendly ski valets, great restaurants -
And a workout room with plenty of my fav machine so it was always available. The art work in the rooms is also totally cool. Ranger station pretzel with Nutella can't be beat.

• Stayed December 2012

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our stay at the new Westin was beyond our expectations! The location, view and service were awesome. For a new hotel with new employees, systems and restaurants, we were pleasantly surprised. There are bound to be issues with a brand new opening, but we were very impressed with the attention any problem recieved. We had no problems, but were observing crabby people making unrealistic demands at the front counter. Please people! Even the extremely rude were handled with curteous professionalism and their silly requests were met. Extremely friendly and attentive staff, amazing food and service in the Snowmass Kitchen, and Oh! those Heavenly beds! The decor is warm and inviting, the slopeside views are incredible, the lobby is cozy and comfortable and the location is perfect. Cannot wait to return next year! Great job on the remodel, and kudos to the GM John and all of the staff. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Hotel looks great. Really. And a fireplace area is pretty cool. Also food was delicious. But...I got really, really small room - without a bathtub and without any view (a big tree). Also my bill had a few mistakes.

Food +
Location +

Service -
Room -

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Honestly, after reading the other reviews my expectations were low. My family has been vacationing at another Snowmass resort and decided to check out the new place for a possible future trip. We didn't stay at the hotel, but had dinner at the restaurant.

Again, expectations were on the low side going in. I do understand that it takes some time for a place to be up and running, however given the reputation of the Westin on the whole things we were hopeful. We were warmly greeted upon our arrival and then brought directly to our table. Gorgeous views!

We did not wait long at all before being offered a cocktail. The waitress was fabulous. Very attentative and polite and quite familiar with the menu. However, it was based on the recommendations of Scott, (the manager, I think, who was incredibly courteous) that we ordered. The elk meatballs were delicious, and I am not generally a fan of less traditional meats. I'm still thinking of the seabass and the superb lemon sauce! AMAZING!!!

I would have rated value higher, but seriously? in this neck of the woods, the word value has no meaning. Definitely would try the hotel next time we are in town and without question would eat here again. Take a chance and check it out.

RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ilha de Tinhare, BA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I came on Trip Advisor to write my own review, but in reading previous posts, I couldn't believe how many other patrons described their stay the same way I would have - although the hotel is newly renovated and the location is second to none, operations were lacking, to say the least. I am an SPG Platinum member and I felt like everything but.

The hotel staff clearly were not ready for the hotel to open its doors - as described in a previous post, "the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing." I can say, without exaggerating, that the Conceirge did not answer their phone about 20 times - I would call 2 or 3 times in a row and STILL no answer. I was very disappointed - I've stayed at multiple W's and Sheraton's and when I call down, they answer within 1 or 2 rings, addressing me by my last name each time I call.

The Kitchen was also very unorganized and the hosts did not seem to know what they were doing.

My hope is that hotel adminstration takes the time to read these reviews, take action, and improve their customer service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Quite an inexperienced staff, left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing.

Lost my reservations for two queen bed deluxe room, had me wait for over an hour after a four hour drive. Put four people in a king size bedroom without any rollaway bed as promised.

Overall too many gaps in service. Great location though. Its a toss up.

• Stayed December 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

You can't do much better for a location. Seriously, the location is worth it. GREAT ski-in/ski-out accommodations. Yet, the services leave a LOT to be desired. If you're used to pampering by a ski valet, you'll find it spotty at best. Sometimes they carry your skis to the hill, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they offer to help with your books, sometimes they forget to see about your shoes after you've gotten your boots off. Check-in was far from smooth. Check-out went well but they had somehow forgotten our pre-arranged shuttle transportation to the airport. And, forget about quiet. You'll hear everything that happens in the hallway. The heaters make noise throughout the night as well. The bed is heavenly. Staff were nice, but not trained. Westin would do well to invest even a fraction in training the people now serving guests in their renovated space.

Room Tip: be sure to ask how many elevators you need to take to get to your room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JCurnow, General Manager at The Westin Snowmass Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I appreciate you taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the new Westin Snowmass Resort. I am disapointed that we did not exceed your expecations and will be sure to use your feedback to improve services within the hotel. We are certainly learning quite a bit in our first month of operation and our team will get better with experience and additional training. Thank you again and please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be any assistance with your next Snowmass vacation.

John Curnow (970-309-1306)

Been to The Westin Snowmass Resort? Share your experiences!