My family of 5 plus 1 extra adult guest stayed at the the Snowmass Club this past week and we loved it. There was plenty of space for all of us without ever feeling cramped and that was even with adding a cot in the living room. The key to staying at the Snowmass Club is to stay in the main building. Besides having been newly renovated, staying in the main building allows you not to have to cross the street to get to the pool, jacuzzi, spa, restaurant, etc. The room itself was 2 (large) bedrooms with 2 1/2 bathrooms. It was decorated very nicely, had plenty of storage and large closets. It had a full kitchen as well which is replenished with coffee, teas, etc daily.
The downside of staying here was that the water pressure in the showers was surprisingly weak. To fill up the jacuzzi tub in the master tub takes a looooong time. Also you almost have to turn the knob all the way to "hot" for the water to actually get hot. If I was going to be really picky, I would say the only other bummer was that I wish that there was a jacuzzi on the porch. It is large enough to fit one and sometimes when you are sore and tired from skiing, you don't want to have to walk through the entire hotel just to get to a jacuzzi. The other place we stay in New Park City, UT has this and it is a godsend.
Another reason to stay in the main building is that it has a game room for the kids so they don't have to walk from the outside to it as they would have to if they were staying in a surrounding building.
Bonus! Our room included garage parking which was great for those sub-zero temperature days however if you don't have a car, The Snowmass Club has a free shuttle that will take you to Snowmass Village which you can go to shop or ski.
If you are in the village, check out a restaurant called Venga Venga located right on the bottom of the slopes. We sat outside eating chips and salsa in the heated patio listening to a live DJ while watching the skiiers and snowboarders come down the mountain. Pretty special.
Aspen is only about 20 minutes drive so we went there for dinner pretty regularly. In Aspen check out "Peach's" for a casual but tasty lunch option and "Creperie du Main" for both savory and sweet crepes and delish French Press Coffee.
That's my review. Great place, conveniently located and we'd definitely stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Snowmass Club Hotel
- The Villas At Snowmass Club Hotel Snowmass Village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Snowmass Club feature a collection of deluxe one-, two- and three-bedroom villas in the Aspen-Snowmass area. The Snowmass Club offers a range of amenities including spa services, pools, hot tubs and daily maid service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Amex and Travelocity so you can book your The Villas at Snowmass Club by Destination Resorts Snowmass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.