“Top Value in the Region” 5 of 5 stars

Pokolodi Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Daly Lane, Snowmass Village, CO 81615   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Snowmass, CO
“Top Value in the Region”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I have stayed at the Pokolodi Lodge in Snowmass CO for 10 years and want to extol the virtues of its location, its value for the dollar and its staff; particularly its staff.

The Pokolodi is located about 300 feet from the slopes and an easy cruise down to the main lift. It is across and up an elevator from bus transport everywhere in the area including the other three Aspen-Snowmass resorts. Further, it has numerous restaurants and shops also within 350 feet.

Its value is exceptional as its accommodations are wonderful and its prices surprisingly moderate for its location.

The best part of staying here is the responsiveness of the staff. For example, they always have my bed board in place before my arrival, store my bags delivered by FedEx and place them in my room and are near instantly available to address any issue.

The one thing that stood out the most, however, was yesterday when I had a crisis related to a closing and had to get a notarized document to my settlement attorney in Alexandria VA the next morning. I learned of this at 2:15 pm. The manager personally printed the document, had me shuttled to the notary and then again to the FedEx office at the Airport. We beat the deadline there by 12 minutes. This, however, may not have been noteworthy except for the fact that they were overwhelmed by arrivals and departures that were bunched together because of the airline disruptions nation wide caused by the weather.

John R. Powers
Virginia

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Pokolodi Lodge many times, we come 3 times a year for a week and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else (unless we hit the lottery and could stay at the Little Nell). The rooms are very clean, and you can't beat the convenience to the lifts and to the village. Its the best bargain in Snowmass and Snowmass is the best mountain in Colorado.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

This is a wonderful hotel. Clean, nicely furnished room that shows new tiles in the bathroom and a nice comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast. Great views, quiet location, and 400 feet or so from the slopes. Just walk out the front door, turn left and you can see the lift chair. Buses are across the from the entrance that will take you to the other 3 mountains. Car not necessary. It has a nice lounge area to meet and socialize. Terrific value. Great rates.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I liked the Pokolodi very much. My room was clean, spacious, and great in every way (shower, balcony, HDtv, fridge). The WiFi worked well, and the freebie continental breakfast was better than usual (fruit, hard boiled eggs). I wasn't there during ski season, so the location didn't do much for me, I was there to visit Aspen. It's a pretty quick drive into town, and it was a great deal at <$70 / night (not incl. tax).

On the other hand, parking was a little annoying (across the street). Also, the office closes at 5 during the off season, so bring your cell phone with you. The directions given on the hotel website is excellent. The pool looks amazing.

All in all, for the off-season price, it's a great bargain. I would have loved to stay there longer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

When my husband and I first opened the door to our room I said "It's shagalicious!" The decor is dated, but the value can't be beat. I called the Pokolodi the morning of the Snowmass Hot Air Balloon Festival knowing they were full, but Dave at the front desk said he'd call me as soon as a cancellation came up. Sure enough, Dave came through and called us a couple hours later-he even accomodated our request for two queens and honored the Trip Advisor coupon! The pool and hot tub were immaculate with great afternoon sun and a view of the valley. Our room had a small fridge, was small but very comfortable and was also immaculate. The staff brought us a crib for our baby as soon as we asked and was attentive to our needs. I'm definitely returning to the Pokolodi....hopefully soon!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

My family and friends have been going to the Pokolodi twice a year for the past 7 years and we love it, that's why we keep going back. The location is great, Snowmass Mountain is such a great place to ski with so much variety for the family. The Pokolodi staff make you feel right at home and are always trying to make your stay even better.
The activity room which also service as an after skiing get together-the fireplace lends that extra touch. We love it and know you will too!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Manhattan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

We come to the Pokolodi 30 days or more each ski season. We first came about 10 years ago when a place we had stayed for years had no space (last-minute) the week before Xmas. The Pokolodi staff invited my son, then about 7, to help trim the tree. Since then we've been part of the family. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Just one example: We sometimes ship our bags ahead and they are always in our room waiting for us. Dave Mercatoris, the manager, is great and he runs the place well. (Hey, "Never again" -- I prefer the rooms on the street side -- the traffic and snowplow noise is nothing -- and I'm a light sleeper.)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#7 of 15 in Snowmass Village
4.0 of 5 stars 462 reviews
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#5 of 15 in Snowmass Village
4.0 of 5 stars 231 reviews
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums
Holiday Inn Express Snowmass Village
Holiday Inn Express Snowmass Vil...
#12 of 15 in Snowmass Village
3.0 of 5 stars 154 reviews
The Crestwood Condominiums
The Crestwood Condominiums
#3 of 15 in Snowmass Village
4.5 of 5 stars 112 reviews

Been to Pokolodi Lodge? Share your experiences!