“Great Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Denver
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Clean, friendly, and a great place to stay to save some money. We had no issues with our stay and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. It is a great jumping-off point to visit Maroon Bells in the morning by car!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Parachute, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Making reservations I ordered 2 rooms with queen size beds - I received 1 room with two queen size beds and one with a king size bed and couch. One of the ladies slept on the couch. This was not right after having had the reservations for 4 months in advance. At the desk I was told I did not have a choise on the interior of the room. I would just have to make the rooms work as there were no open rooms at that point. I would never stay at this hotel again, nor would the other ladies which included a Director for Colorado Mountain College. There was also no breakfast durn the weekdays or coffee in the lobby. Worst place I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed at this place dozens of times over the last 20+ years and I am pretty sure that every thing is still original but the location is literally less than 30 feet from the ski slopes. At the end of the day you could ski into the lobby if they would let you. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. The decorating is a little dated and the rooms still have actual metal keys. They do have family style breakfast served everyday and a very good soup lunch in the afternoon. Good food. Not warmed up frozen food. The Mountain Chalet is also roughly 50 feet from the Snowmass Mall where all the food, bars, rental stores and liquor stores are located. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Get mountain facing room or at least a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Can't beat the location, the lobby is very welcoming and the entire staff is very friendly but everything else is very disappointing. The room is very large however the carpet, furniture, drapes, and bedding are all extremely dated. The bathroom is small with no counter space for personal items. The tiles were cracked in the shower and I had issues with the toilet. The week I was there it was unusually warm and there is no air conditioning in the room. The window fans were too loud for a good nights sleep. If I were to return to this area, I would look for another option.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Have been to this property multiple times over the last 30 years. It hasn't changed a bit. Literally. The morning breakfasts are great for getting you out the door, and you can't beat the location. Strap on the ski's and go anywhere. This place would be awesome if they would update the decor and structure. But, if you don't care about ambiance, then you won't beat the location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Snowmass Village
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The room was clean, service was excellent, and amenities were plentiful. It met every expectation I had of a 3-3.5 star hotel, and I couldn't beat the price. The only small complaint I have is that the mattress was a bit too hard for my taste, but I managed to sleep with only minor discomfort and stiffness. I will try too book with this hotel again, next time I'm in Snowmass.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for two nights in a queen deluxe room around the July 4th holiday. For starters, the price of the room was extremely reasonable for the area. Typically I take this to mean that something must be off with the place, service, cleanliness etc. Not at all! Our stay was absolutely wonderful. Upon checking in, we found that our room would be on the lower level (by the pool area). I asked if we could instead have an upper level room and immediately the front desk staff found another room for us. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and more than accommodating. Our room was very large, clean and even included a pull out couch! We came back to our room the first afternoon to find an extremely nice bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses for us. We had just got engaged three days prior and found out that my boss was the one behind our nice surprise. After a phone call to my boss I found out that when she called the hotel to plan this, they did not have champagne. Instead of stopping there, the hotel staff member she spoke to went out of their way to suggest that she purchase the bottle from a local liquor store and they would personally walk and go get it for us. WOW is all I can say. Whomever this staff member was, thank you so much for going above and beyond to accommodate this request. This type of customer service is hard to come by and we really appreciated that.

The hotel was in a great location, very close to local restaurants and shops and literally located directly on the mountain. We were thrilled with our experience, especially considering the price. We have already talked about coming back during the ski season and can't wait to enjoy the beautiful fireplace and lobby. Thank you again for a top notch stay, you really made our vacation in snowmass a great one!

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
The Westin Snowmass Resort
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#7 of 15 in Snowmass Village
4.0 of 5 stars 488 reviews
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#5 of 15 in Snowmass Village
The Inn at Aspen
The Inn at Aspen
#19 of 36 in Aspen
3.5 of 5 stars 100 reviews

Been to Snowmass Mountain Chalet? Share your experiences!