“very nice, met every expectation” 4 of 5 stars

Snowmass Mountain Chalet
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Daly Lane, Snowmass Village, CO 81615   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Snowmass Village
“very nice, met every expectation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The room was clean, service was excellent, and amenities were plentiful. It met every expectation I had of a 3-3.5 star hotel, and I couldn't beat the price. The only small complaint I have is that the mattress was a bit too hard for my taste, but I managed to sleep with only minor discomfort and stiffness. I will try too book with this hotel again, next time I'm in Snowmass.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for two nights in a queen deluxe room around the July 4th holiday. For starters, the price of the room was extremely reasonable for the area. Typically I take this to mean that something must be off with the place, service, cleanliness etc. Not at all! Our stay was absolutely wonderful. Upon checking in, we found that our room would be on the lower level (by the pool area). I asked if we could instead have an upper level room and immediately the front desk staff found another room for us. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and more than accommodating. Our room was very large, clean and even included a pull out couch! We came back to our room the first afternoon to find an extremely nice bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses for us. We had just got engaged three days prior and found out that my boss was the one behind our nice surprise. After a phone call to my boss I found out that when she called the hotel to plan this, they did not have champagne. Instead of stopping there, the hotel staff member she spoke to went out of their way to suggest that she purchase the bottle from a local liquor store and they would personally walk and go get it for us. WOW is all I can say. Whomever this staff member was, thank you so much for going above and beyond to accommodate this request. This type of customer service is hard to come by and we really appreciated that.

The hotel was in a great location, very close to local restaurants and shops and literally located directly on the mountain. We were thrilled with our experience, especially considering the price. We have already talked about coming back during the ski season and can't wait to enjoy the beautiful fireplace and lobby. Thank you again for a top notch stay, you really made our vacation in snowmass a great one!

• Stayed July 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Perfect spot on the mountain. You wake up to a hearty, complimentary breakfast (eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc.), walk a few steps outside to strap in and ski down to one of the main lifts. It also just happens to be convenient enough to stop mid-day and grab a complimentary warm bowl of soup or chili! The hot tub served it's purpose after a long day on the mountain. All in all, it's hard to beat the value of the Snowmass Mountain Chalet! I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed here one night since we were snowed in with all flights cancelled. Very comfortable. We spent much of our time in the front lobby in the comfortable chairs reading or using the computer - in the evening they lit the fireplace which made it even more cozy. The large windows gave us a beautiful view to the snowy wonderland outside. The staff were all wonderfully helpful and friendly. Located very close to the Village Mall. Shuttle to the airport was easy to arrange and on time. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Medford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I felt the hotel was perfect. My room was steps from the slopes, large, clean, best view ever and quiet. the price was right, it may be a little on the old side however, you can see they are trying to update the rooms, and are extremely clean. I would recommend to anyone if you have children ask for the 1st floor not a great view but you won't have to do stairs. Breakfast and lunch were included, scrambled eggs and bacon, done to perfection, and the usual oatmeal, cold cereal, different cake every morning, pancakes and sausage mixed in there a couple different days, and were delicious. Lunch was soup only, did not eat there.
Restaurants were so close, we walked to a different one every night. Never had a bad meal, with so much close by.

Room Tip: 1st floor you will have no stairs to go skiing
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were lucky and had a nice snowy thanksgiving. The teens can out ski and board me so having the slope right outside the hotel was a bonus. My husband was happy to have someone to play ards with as he doesn't enjoy sking or boarding. The food is really not bad even thanksgiving dinner was ok. I loved going up to the lobby for all the pie you can eat, Everyone around us was happy and friendly. Do you REALLY want to go to the inlaws this Thanksgiving?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
fountain co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Very helpful,polite and friendly staff, especially since they answered the same questions over and over with the Jazzfest that weekend. Nice lawn outside lower level rooms for dogs to visit and a wonderful quiet spot by the creek for watching the birds and enjoying the beauty.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Snowmass Mountain Chalet? Share your experiences!