“Can't beat value for the dollar” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Mobile, Alabama
“Can't beat value for the dollar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Without a doubt, the best meal for the dollar. My wife and I split a Beef stew, and we were stuffed. The quality is top notch. It's just a small little hole in the wall, but the food far and away makes up for the decor. The staff is really nice as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Longmont, Colorado
“Amazing Soups. Stop here every time we are in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stew Pot makes the best homemade soups and stews in Snowmass. We make a point to stop here every time we are in town - sometimes more than once per trip. The soups and stews offered changes daily, and we have never been disappointed. Each bowl is served with fresh baked whole grain bread. They make a killer habanero paste. If you like it spicy, just ask.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfectly fine, inexpensive dinner but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The Stew Pot is a very basic restaurant. The food is good, wholesome, and tasty. The daily stew offerings are surprisingly inventive. The dinner salad was just ok. Prices for this area were relatively cheap. It is a small place so good for parties of 1-4 people, not great for groups.

Visited March 2014
Maplewood, NJ
“Everything is homemade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

That is how the concierge described it and why we chose to have lunch here. Everything was great from the stews and soups to the burritos; even the bread was tasty and perfect. They have daily specials but by 12:30 when we ordered, the lamb stew was already sold out! A must-try if you are at Snowmass.

“Simple food - real simple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I wanted a simple meal and found it here. I ordered a sandwich - roasted turkey on artisan multi grain bread, etc. It sounded very good, maybe even a bit fancy and took some time to be prepared. What I got looked like the preparer took two slices of bread out of a cheap bread bag, slapped a couple pieces of average turkey meat on it and served it to me with lettuce and tomato and charge $13 for it. Like I said, I wanted a simple meal and got it...and paid more than I expected to for it.

Maybe I should have tried the stew.

Visited February 2014