“Worth Every Penny” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Above It All Balloon Company - Private Tours

Above It All Balloon Company - Private Tours
2835 Brush Creek Road, Snowmass Recreation Center and Rodeo Parking Lot, Snowmass Village, CO 81611
1-888-927-9606
Website
Improve this listing
Annapolis, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
“Worth Every Penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

This trip was top notch from start to finish. The folks who complained are, well, just complainers! That being said, this company respects it's reviews. Captain Bubba made sure to say "please step away while we fill the ballon bc it's loud and I don't want you to think I'm yelling." (He totally wasn't yelling, btw.) He also explained that you test the winds by spitting, so the person whose wife was insulted...I mean, really? Please. I've been hot air ballooning before. Bubba was awesome. Safety first and foremost, but he clearly loves what he does and has fun telling us about what we were seeing, where he's been, etc. The landing was the best, smoothest landing I've ever experienced in a balloon. The brunch was fine - my young boys (who appreciated being Gibran step stools inside the balloon to better see during the ride) enjoyed the sparkling cider, loved the chocolate strawberries, and showed all of their friends the two pins Bubba gave them. I recommend this trip highly.

Visited August 2014

New York City, New York
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

beautiful morning spent high above aspen!! amazing scenery, mountains and wildlife (bear and deer) made even better by captain bubba who kept us smiling and laughing the whole morning. made getting up early in the morning well worth it. highly recommend this company, captain bubba is the BEST!!

Visited July 2014
Aspen, Colorado
“Best balloon ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This morning I surprised my girlfriend for a hot air balloon ride near Aspen, CO with Above It All Balloon Company. The weather was great, and the guides were even better. Very friendly while cracking some funny jokes. Above It All Balloon Company's guides were very knowledgable and provided great insight about the area. We were able to soar at a low altitude as well as a high altitude from the ground which provided great sightseeing. We were able to spot a large black bear as well as lots of other great wildlife. The views are amazing and should not be missed. Even since I've been a local to the Aspen area for 26 years, I was still amazed by the views. For those not so early risers, I highly recommend doing this trip. The sunrise was amazing! The champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and brunch in the field was a great touch to end the trip. Thank you Above It All Ballon Company for a great morning!

Visited July 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Breathtaking and Awe-inspiring!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

On what was our first visit to Colorado, our friends treated my wife and me to this wonderful hot air balloon experience (also a first) on a perfect Snowmass morning. Seeing the sun rise over the Rocky Mountains from this vantage point was just one of the stunning visual memories we will never forget--absolutely beautiful views in every direction. All of the crew were gracious and helpful, and very accommodating of my wife, who really prefers to have both feet on terra firma. We are still talking about the sumptuous chocolate-covered strawberries they served with the champagne mini-brunch at the landing site. Capt Bubba, as he prefers to be called, was everything from extremely professional and skilled to informative and entertaining. He told an engaging story of the origin of ballooning and of the tradition of drinking champagne after one's first balloon flight. Above all (no pun intended) he is a pilot first and everything else second. Can't recommend this attraction highly enough--nowhere else will you see such memorable and beautiful views!

NOTAM: On request, the captain will provide a logbook entry to interested pilots that documents dual instructional time and ground training in the aircraft.

Visited June 2014
Austin, Texas
“Awesome adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have always wanted to go for a hot air balloon ride and while in Aspen for a conference I stole away to do it. I was talking to the concierge at the hotel and she highly reccomended going while I was in Aspen. When I showed up at the site where the crew was setting up the balloon. I was met by Captain Bubba the Pilot. He was most friendly, a bit of a character, happy and pumped up. Before he stood the balloon up he called all of us over explained to us to what was about to happen and then went turned on the burners and the balloon came to life. We stayed low as we floated down valley and after about 20 minutes we climbed up out of the valley to the most beautiful view I could ever imagine. It was breathtaking, we went all the way to 11,900 feet and set there for awhile. As I said the pilot was a bit of a character as we were up there he told us that he had a instrument on board called a "spitometer" on board and that it was neccessary for him to spit over the side of the basket to see how the winds may have changed during the flight. We all laughed and tried out our "spitometer" it's amazing how we were able to see how it traveled downward. We came back down closer to the ground and landed at a place the pilot called Bubba's sweetspot. The landing was so smooth and gentle, I didn't realize we had landed until I seen the crew outside the basket. The crew which had been in contact with us while we were flying came out moved us across the field closer to the road and then a couple of them went out started pulling on this rope as the pilot pulled on a line and before we knew it the balloon was back in the position it was in when I got to where we took off from. While the crew was packing up the balloon we had a champagne brunch with everything from sausage to pastries and hand dipped chocolate strawberries dipped fresh that morning by the balloon company. The pilot told us the history of hot air ballooning as we munched on the brunch and had morning mimosas. We were all amazed as the crew put the balloon back into a small bag and into the trailer as we were finishing up. The pilot gave us all souvenirs from our flight, we got into the van and he took us all back to where we took off from. I was going to have to call the hotel to send a car for me but the pilot said he would take me back.

If you're going to be in the Aspen-Snowmass area by all means go for a hot air balloon ride with Above It All Balloon Company. The pilot is very professional courteous, very expierenced, as is the crew. The greatest time I had while at the conference was my hot air balloon ride. Thank you Captain Bubba and Crew.

Visited June 2014