“"Good value, Great location, friendly staff"” 4 of 5 stars

Snowmass Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67 Daly Lane, PO Box 5640, Snowmass Village, CO 81615   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Snowmass Village
Alachua, Florida
“"Good value, Great location, friendly staff"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Love the mountains and Aspen. A little business, hiking and a lot of fresh mountain air. Too pricey to stay in Aspen. Found Snowmass Inn 15 minutes down the main road. Check in is just to the left at another Hotel. Clerk was quick, smooth, informative and very friendly. Room was clean, comfortable and literally steps away from the ski slopes and Snowmass Village restaurants and shops. Mountain Dragon Asian is excellent. We'd definitely stay again....

Room Tip: Our room was 234. I am a very light sleeper. The heater or some other machine was making noise on an...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I booked a room through hotels.com at the Snowmass inn for a business meeting at another hotel that hired us to provide a service for thier event. The event was cancelled last minute and no longer required our services. When I called hotels.com to cancel the reservation, they informed me that the Snowmass inn has a 100% cancellation fee. So I attempted to call the hotel directly to speak to a manager and every time i called, was put on hold or transfered to voicemail. I left a message stating the reason for the cancellation with no reply whatsever from the hotel staff. I have been working in hotels across the country for over 20 years and have never heard of such a ridiculous policy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

It's clean and well maintained, location is good, very close to mall and lift. Its not fancy, the beds are rock hard and there's no hair dryer. Floor has a lot of soft spots. But as others have said, you are there to ski. Oh, and the outdoor pool and hot tub are nice and fun while it snows.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I loved this place! It reminded me of old-time motels I used to stay in when I went skiing in college. Yes, the hotel was dated. No, there weren't granite countertops in the bathroom. But the reason my husband and I were there was to ski, and the location couldn't have been better. Our bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom was very clean. I found the amenities to be high quality and the towels were plenty plush enough. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was nice and warm. The price was excellent. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

The check in was, as others have stated, at another hotel. I didn't think breakfast was included, and I think the other reviewers may have been mistaken in thinking that it was. We didn't use the hot tub facility, but it looked very inviting. There was a "commons" room on the main floor that had a microwave, tables, sink, etc. for preparing food at, and although we didn't use the facility, I saw several men sharing a burrito dinner in there. It looked like a good way to get an inexpensive breakfast or dinner.

Bus service was just across the street, a great shopping mall was just up some stairs from there, the lifts were within walking distance, and our room had 2 queen beds. I think this would be a GREAT place for a family of 4 to stay and ski at an affordable price and at a fabulous Colorado ski area to boot.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if stairs are an issue, ask for the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kasson, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

My three friends and I found Snowmass Inn to be economical yet perfect for our purposes. Yes, it is an older structure compared to most. But we thought the place was clean, well-maintained, and you can't beat the location for the price. We were at Snowmass to ski and take in the mountain life, not sit in our hotel room. You guys who posted negative reviews must be real mountain snobs. Do you think you're going to get five star accomodations for that price? To boot, you're across the street from the village and 50 yards from the slopes. How can you beat that for the price!?!??! I don't really care what's under the bed, as long as the bed (bedding) is clean. Pull your head out of you ____, because your brain is not functioning properly. Seriously. We enjoyed our stay, and we'll stay there again. If you want five stars, pry open your wallet and pay for it!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I was so disappointed with Snowmass Inn. We fully anticipated the hotel to be old but my son dropped a toy and I looked under the bed to find it and OMG it had clearly not been cleaned in YEARS. So disgusting -- I am thankful none of us got sick or discovered any bed bugs while we were there. Location is obviously excellent for Snowmass skiing and the hotel workers were very pleasant and helpful but the housekeeping was awful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Vail, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night on an escape from Vail to Aspen for a concert.

All reviews are relative and it is worth noting that the staff was extremely helpful here and the location (if we were skiing!) would have been really nice. Lastly, if you have researched any hotels in the Aspen or Snowmass area, you already know how expensive they can be. We paid $105 for this room which was usually over $200!!!

The positives really stop there. All in all, this is one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed in. All rooms have 2 queen beds and both of our beds were SUPER uncomfortable and I am not even picky. old bedspreads, old shower curtains..Time for an UPGRADE!!

The worst part of all was that the heater ran all night with no way to turn it off. I tried to call at 2 AM to get it fixed but apparently noone works overnights!

If you need a cheap place and want to be slopeside and care about nothing else but price this Motel is for you. Otherwise, I recommend pitching in a little more for somewhere else or staying down the road in Basalt.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Snowmass Inn? Share your experiences!