“I had an accident in the lobby and did not receive any assistance from the hotel staff.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Viceroy Snowmass

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Due to the very slippery floor, I fell down in the lobby, on my way out of the Hotel. I was taking my youngest daughter to the Snowmass Village transfer when the accident happened. Such accident caused me back injuries that have been restricting my movements ever since.

As an architect in Brazil, I am familiar with the various types of materials to be used as floor covering and I understand that the material used in the Hotel lobby is totally inadequate. Considering that the lobby is also passage for many skiers who want to take the transfer to the village, the material used is very slippery, especially when wearing ski boots. In addition, there was no sign warning the guests about the slippery risks at the time.

I did not receive any assistance from the Hotel staff at the moment of the accident. Fortunately, I was helped by two guests who were there at the time. Even later, when I was already in my room, despite my attempts to contact the Hotel management, I did not receive any additional assistance.

Based on my doctor’s report and on the additional medical exams that I was submitted in Brazil, including x-ray and tomography, besides the existing bruises and the pain that I have been suffering, I had lesions in my 9th and 10th vertebrates.

My doctor restricted me from my professional activities for the period of three weeks, which has caused great loss. In addition, I was not authorized to practice any physical activity and was recommended to avoid sharp movements.

The conduct of the Hotel in the current case has been totally unacceptable. Hotel staff acted negligent and I was promised to be contacted by the Hotel’s General Manager, but after more than 30 days, I have no answer yet!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Mr Benedetti

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry that you fell while wearing your Ski Boots in our lobby. The surface we have is specifically designed to increase traction and was purpose specced by the interior designers of the development. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you further on this.

As you know I have reached out to you a number of times by phone, both while you we here and subsequently. I am very happy to speak with you, as I have said on my voice mails, and welcome the opportunity to do so again. Please advise your preferred time and I will contact you again accordingly.

I look forward to opportunity to discuss your issues and trust you are improving physically

Sincerely
Regional Vice President &

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to Aspen/Snowmass. We were here for a medical conference and a week of skiing. It helped that it was the best snow of the Century and we had 30 inches of snow, but the Viceroy couldn't have been better. The location was a little secluded but the hotel shuttle couldn't have made it more convenient. Cleaning staff was in the room twice a day, keeping everything clean and turn down was a nice touch. We had a bedroom with a furnished kitchen and a den. The hotel drove us to the grocery and liquor store to stock up for the week. The ski valet was incredible. They would help put on and take off your boots everyday. And your skis and poles were in the snow ready to take off down the hill to a private hotel lift on Assay Hill. The food in the restaurant was excellent at every meal. You are a shuttle ride from the shopping at eating at base camp and the village mall. The spa was a true oasis! We got snowed in when the airport was shut down and the hotel was very accommodating. There were people from all over the world which made it a lot of fun to people watch. We love this hotel and will definitely be back!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
What great timing you had with your recent visit to the Viceroy Snowmass with the massive amount of snow we have received here, so happy to hear you were able to enjoy it during your conference/ski trip. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay and how much you enjoyed your time here. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

All the Best,

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I had never stayed at a Viceroy before and was looking forward to the stay. Overall it's a fantastic location at the base of Snowmasss mountain. With the ski valet at the back entrance of the hotel, and being situated right on the slopes, it's really hard to beat. And if you are intermediate skier and are traveling with a group of friends or family, its a great option.

We stayed in a one-bedroom suite facing the slopes. On the plus side - it was well furnished with a king sized bed in a small bedroom area, a small living room area and a small round table for dining or reading by the window. The bathroom is very large and well designed. It also included a kitchenette that was very small yet super efficient, a fireplace that was exposed to the bedroom and living room, and a washer dryer.

The 2 room drawbacks were that the doors to the bedroom and bathroom were awkwardly placed and it was hard to navigate from the bedroom into the bathroom or from the living room area to the bathroom. If someone is staying in the pull out sofa, they have to walk into the bedroom for bathroom access. Additionally, storage/closet space was extremely limited, but there are pull out drawers under the master bed.

The food/service in the hotel restaurant, Eight K, was fantastic. And overall everyone aimed to please. The spa was nice and the workout room had decent equipment. But it is located on the bottom floor and I prefer a view of something or a window when doing cardio and it was a bit like being in a cave. Service at the front desk from check-in to check out was average and nothing beyond what one would expect at a Hilton or other 4 star property. The 2 surprises were the $30 per night resort fee that included internet, ski valet and gym access, plus the $25 per night valet parking fee. Both steep all things considered.

Snowmass is definitely quiet and the hotel is small with limited activity at night. Yes, it was a nice property and overall I would go back if I am with family or a group for the right price. But I would probably choose to stay in Aspen where there were more things to do during the day and at night.

Room Tip: Request high floor and slope side views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Welcome to the Viceroy! We are delighted that you were able to visit our ski-in, ski-out resort in Snowmass Village as your first Viceroy experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room amenities, restaurant and spa facilities. We trust we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Snowmass and the Viceroy very soon.

Regards,

Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This well located, ski in ski out condo hotel is a great luxury choice. The Rooms are nice and big with lots of skier oriented touches (washer dryers in the room, humidifiers, bedside water etc) . The facility has all you need with ski rental and valet, easy access to the mountain, two decent restaurants, massage , hot tub etc. the only knock is that the staff while really really nice and friendly , were a step or two behind. They forgot to clean our room one day. After fifteen minutes waiting for our check in an empty restaurant we had to track down our waitress and while we were greeted at the airport, the staff disappeared and totally confused the pick up.

That said, this is a great option.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the facility and amenities of the hotel and were able to experience our ski-in, ski-out location. Our apologies for the mix up at the airport and service in your room, we trust will have another opportunity to welcome you back for an even better experience in the very near future.

Best,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

For the past four years we have made the trip our to Aspen/Snowmass in January for a long weekend of skiing with good friends. Every year we choose to come back to Viceroy for the outstanding service, beautiful accommodations, and convenience of being back to be right on the mountain (yet away from the massive crowds of people at Snowmass Village). The Viceroy is slightly separated from Snowmass Village (but does provide free transportation to/from) and has it's own chairlift up the gondola for their guest. It's so nice to be able to be away from the super busy and very crowded areas of the base of the village. Very easy access to and from the mountain. The hotel is beautiful and very Colorado-ish with dark warm colors and with amazing views of the mountains. The spa is to die for and we always make sure we make a trip down there for some treatments before our stay is over. Every day after skiing, we head out to the pool/hot tub to relax with some cocktails! The pool area is great and the staff always knows the perfect drinks for us to enjoy after a long day on the slopes. We usually stay in a two-bedroom suite, but this year we decided on the three-bedroom, which was fabulous! Can't say enough nice things about this hotel and we can't wait for our next annual trip and stay with Viceroy Snowmass!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We can’t wait to welcome you back for your next trip out to Snowmass and the Viceroy hotel. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with fellow travelers and for truly being an ambassador of the Viceroy brand with your continued loyalty. We welcome the opportunity to greet you again in the very near future.

Warmest Regards,

Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our stay at the Viceroy was over the top enjoyable! The booking to the checking out process was quick and painless. Matt and Leo were extremely helpful during the process. Once we checked in we were greeted by all of the hotel staff and enjoyed lunch and many snacks at The Nest. Chef David Wang and the whole Nest staff (Danielle - manager, Andrea, Ellie, Hayley, Sydney and Justin were all very professional and knowledgeable with the menu and making us feel welcomed.) We then enjoyed a luxurious and wonderful dinner at the Eight K restaurant of which we were greeted by Executive Chef Will Nolan. The whole dining experience was amazing and could not have been better. Ben, the front of house always managed to bring a smile on our faces. Hannah was an exceptional server and was very knowledgeable with the menu, Matt did a perfect job cooking our steaks and Sean provided a great dining experience for us as well! Duffy was wonderful with our drinks and made myself, a non drinker, enjoy alcohol! The spa managed by Debbie was nice and clean and had all the amenities needed after a long day on the slopes. Everything was well thought out and just perfect as perfect can be. Overall, just a wonderful experience at the Viceroy in Snowmass and we definitely will visit next season again! Could not be any happier with our overall experience! The ski valet and spa as well as poolside services were perfect for relaxing after a day on the slopes!

Room Tip: Book early cause it will be full for the season and for good reason! All the rooms are great! Lower...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review in reference to your recent stay with us! It brings me great pride to hear about your experiences in our outlets and your interactions with our staff during your recent visit. We have fulfilled our mission of ‘creating lifelong memories’ for you and your family and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back next season.

All the Best,

ajn25
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We are currently here for our honeymoon.

Whilst I am taken with the scenery and the hotel, I ordered a bottle of wine for $89 plus tax and asked if they wouldn't mind doing a cheese plate for me for one person. My bill including tip came to 180...what??

Then I ordered dinner for the two of us... Which is now sitting outside my door it was that bad. What did that run us? 200 plus tip.

What?

You've got to be kidding right?

To top it off our room wasn't serviced today and we are paying $800 per day..feeling slightly stupid as we usually will stay at st Regis (for only a fraction more) but was fully booked. The room is nice but apart from That....average.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback recently on TripAdvisor. Typically I would just as you to reach out to me directly so we could discuss this. That being said, I am very happy that you chose to have your honeymoon with us. That may explain the "Do Not Disturb" sign you had on your door... hence why we were unable to service your room. I assure you we service all rooms daily unless advised by the guest not to.

I did look into your wine and cheese matter to assess why it looked our of order. You are right, you did pay $200 including a very gracious $40 tip. The only issue is that all room service deliveries have a service charge included to this bill was 25% greater than typical.

I am very sorry you didn't enjoy the room service you had and would very much like the opportunity to discuss that with you at your leisure.

You are right, you did stay in our 1 Bedroom suite for $800. I can assure you that was a very good value at that rate with a fireplace, separate living area, microwave, induction cook top, Nespresso machine, washer/dryer in one of North America's premier resorts. I think you will find most other luxury hotels don't offer such facilities as a standard in their rooms.

I trust you will make time to reach out to me personally to discuss any further issues you may have had.

We wish you our warmest congratulations on your nuptials and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Regional Vice President & General Manager

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!