“Exceptional service and great spa” 4 of 5 stars

Summer $100 Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Adelaide, Australia
“Exceptional service and great spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights on business/pleasure.
Really not much to fault at this place.
I find the "American manner" a bit odd and just cannot avoid feeling it is insincere and somewhat sycophantic. Sorry to all the Americophiles!
Putting this to one side, however, I really enjoyed everything about my stay at the Viceroy. Exceptionally helpful concierge, efficient and unobtrusive ski valet, complimentary and near instant transport around Snowmass, sensational spa and a great place to unwind.
Rooms were clean and well appointed, good turndown service. The only downsides to the room were lack of tea and milk, temperamental TV remote and noisy humidifier.
Breakfast was tasty and good quality (not masses of choice, but I prefer quality to choice). It would be nice if there was a "light" breakfast option. The first morning, I only had a bowl of fruit and cup of coffee, but was still charged the full buffet price (I didn't question it, I assume that's the rules).
Not cheap, but worth it. As I like to say "Pay peanuts, get monkeys".
I would definitely recommend a stay here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
It brings me great pleasure to hear that your experience with our concierge service, complimentary transportation around Snowmass, ski-valet and spa services far exceeded your expectations while you were staying with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about you recent stay with us. We trust that we will see you again soon, whether it be on business or for pleasure.

Best,

Hugh Templeman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed 10 nights at this awesome hotel with my husband and 9 and 7 years old kids. We stayed at 1 bedroom suite, more than enought for us. Full 4 people kitchen with washer and drier at the room (if I had know it in advance I had packed half of the cloths).
Great nespresso coffee maker at the room, and amazing ski valet.
The Argentinian guys there were more than nice "Pancho" the best!
Breakfast at hotel nice but slow, so we prefer just having a coffee and toasts at the room so ski early.
The mountain is great for family, we could ski through all it with the kids, really fun!
Dinner at hotel too fancy, not much options.
Try pasta at IlPoglio (Snowmass Mall) much better.

Clean up of the rooms not at the level of the hotel.

Great free chocolate, marshmallows and hot apple cider when you come back from skiing, just pick it up from the lobby and enjoy it next to the fire!!!

Great experience!!!

• Stayed February 2013
I am so pleased that everyone here at the Viceroy Snowmass exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. Thank you for writing about all the amenities we have to offer here for fellow travelers to see, such as the ski-valet services, room amenities and afternoon welcome back items in the lobby area. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Snowmass area and to the Viceroy in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Aspen, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been to the Viceroy many times. Each time flawed by something....slow restaurant service, warm prosecco, confusion with spa appointments, restaurant and front desk staff being chilly, generally unreceptive staff, and the final straw...the very rude parking attendant. He actually accused me of lying to him? He was obviously disgruntled about something and chose to take it out on me, in front of other jaw dropped guests at the front-side of the hotel? I had just left the spa after a relaxing treatment and was met with this on edge young man saying that I lied to him about my schedule of being in the hotel that day, and that I was not ever allowed to park there again...kind of like a parking attendant bouncer. Even the other very efficient bellmen were looking a bit confused. I still really don't know what he was going on about, and it is still quite disturbing why a parking attendant would say anything remotely like this to any guest, nor treat them anyway other than warmly and courteously.???? I really began to believe he had something else going on in his life, and thought it best to leave instead of investigate and made a call to the front desk manager, and also the General Manager. Both were minimally responsive and only mildly apologetic. He said that he would check with the parking attendant/valet what happened...? He offered his assistance in the future if I needed any reservations made...? WHAT? ..For a hotel trying to break into the "Local" appeal, (I am a local and am with Guest Services at Aspen Snowmass), the prognosis is grim...I will not return to, nor can I recommend this huge monstrosity that looms over Snowmass Village with its big, empty restaurant, sparse unprofessional staff, confusing spa protocol, rude dictatorial parking staff, and idle real estate staff in the lobby. It really is a physically beautiful property with comfy rooms, lovely restaurant, and great ski access. BUT, they really need a new team of professional, united, and warm staff to give the Viceroy some soul. The Little Nell, St Regis, or Jerome blows this place out of the water. They really concentrate on the guest, AND the guest returning again and again........

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Ms McGeoughski

As you can see from all the TripAdvisor commentaries I receive I take them very personally and answer them myself. For those not so good ones I always reach out and ask them to contact me directly. Given we had already spoken it is very disappointing that your view differs from what I believed we discussed at length after your visit. After all I called you back personally as soon as I was aware you had had an issue.

I personally apologized for any miscommunication or umbrage created by my team and promised a review of the situation and that I would address it accordingly which I can assure you I undertook.

I would be more than pleased to discuss this further wish you at your leisure.

Hugh Templeman,
Tyler Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were assigned a room with an adjoining door, but the lock between the rooms didn't function. We were given another room, in which the thermostat didn't function and the closet lightbulb was out. The repair man was prompt and quickly addressed both issues in our second room. While fixtures are top notch cleanliness was not. The shower floor was never clean, in either room. At this price point one would not expect theses issues. High end fixtures were nice, but overshadowed by the aforementioned.

The ski valet service was exceptional. They were the highlight of the hotel and made ski prep as easy as I have ever had. Tip: request a third floor room, you'll be close to the ski valet and pool area.

Another highlight was the fact that the Viceroy partners with Mercedes to provide complimentary transport around Snowmass, and the hotel is right next to free public transportation to Aspen. For our family the location was ideal. The room could have been ideal, had the staff paid attention to details ahead of time (locks, cleanliness, lightbulbs, the little things).

One final warning: don't make a reservation until you have read their ridiculous cancelation policy. Our arriving flight was cancelled due to weather, and we missed the first night of our trip, but Viceroy expected payment in full even though we called 24 hours prior to check-in to let them know about the flight problem. The management did give a room credit of 40% the next day. A spoonful of sugar for very expensive medicine.

Overall, I'd consider coming again but I'd also look at the other Snowmass slope side options as well.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our ski valet as well as the complimentary rides around Snowmass Village provided by our partnership with Mercedes Benz. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

All the Best,

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I are on our final day at the Hotel. The stay has been incredible. The room is well decorated with current furnishings. The Subzero refrigerate, pass though fireplace between the den and the bedroom, the perfected straightening of the room twice a day, all add to the special touches presented at the Viceroy. The staff has been friendly and efficient. A special thanks to Leonardo and Steven for their kindness and hospitality. The view next to the slopes was breathtaking. It was quite enjoyable watching at levels of skiers pass right in front of our view. Special touches throughout the Hotel (the best hot chocolate around) and the warm welcome with each entrance made our time away from home one of the best ever. I would suggest this great value to anyone visiting the Snowmass/Aspen area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your time spent here at the Viceroy Snowmass. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the wonderful amenities in your room, the daily hot cocoa in our lobby area and all of our other services offered throughout the property. We hope to welcome you back to the Viceroy Snowmass very soon so that we may continue our mission of ‘creating lifelong memories for you and your family’.

Warm Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently visited this Hotel, specifically the restaurant on the main level. I came there for a drink and appetizer and found the hostess staff to be particularly rude. My friend and I were in search of a comfortable place to get a late night drink and appetizer after a show in one of the ballrooms on this property and the staff was very reluctant to seat us in the main dining area insisting that those tables were reserved for full dinner guests. At that time, about 10 PM, there were many empty main dining room tables and no "dinner guests" lined up at the dooor. The bar and lounge areas were practically full and the staff seemed very indifferent to our needs. Luckily, two seats opened up at the bar and I just quickly took advantage of this opportunity. Later, a woman manager came up to discuss my concerns with me and I shared my annoyance with her staff. I also shared my surprise when I ordered a salad that was served with apple puree (applesause) at the bottom. I was just not expecting a salad with "applesauce" dressing.

While this hotel and restaurant are luxuriously decorated, I found the service and attention to be better at the more basically decorated Artisan Restaurant in the Stondbridge Inn closer to the mountain peak. In this case, less was more in terms of staff attentiveness and service.

Room Tip: I only dined at this hotel restaurant.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to personally apologize for the experience you had while dining in our signature restaurant, EightK and for any confusion that may have taken place as to what our seating policy is. We have a custom menu for the EightK bar and Lounge area that is designed to cater to anyone not wanting a full meal in our dining room. I am however happy to hear that you were able to find seating at the bar to experience this menu after all was said and done. Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss this further.

Chugwater, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My big things when looking for special-occasion (in this case first anniversary) accommodation is ambiance. The Viceroy is like in the pictures. I poured over many options between Aspen and Snowmass, and while plenty of places have the ambiance, few have the value Viceroy was offering in off-season. My husband and I enjoyed the big modern bathroom, comfy bed, fireplace, TVs, free wireless, and kitchenette for four days. I wouldn't want it as a condo to live in (tiny living space, no dining room), but it was lovely as a love nest. Also ate tasty meals a few nights at the restaurant as it was a total ghost town.

If anything, it felt a bit strange to be there at all among the condo developments that should-have-been, with all restaurants and shops closed (we spent most days eight miles away in Aspen). But Viceroy itself is lovely. The only negative was that they didn't really bother to heat the hot tub with so few people to enjoy it, but the fitness room was great. (Cheapskate alert: we parked in the city parking lot - empty in off-season - nearby and walked in. We felt like we were treated commensurate with the Hotwire price we paid, $105/night. Don't speed down the valley, there is a vigilant sheriff waiting for you!).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Happy one year wedding anniversary! Thank you for choosing the Viceroy Snowmass to celebrate such a special occasion and for taking the time to write about your experience while you were here. I am so happy that you enjoyed the accommodations in the rooms and that you were able to experience the dinning that we offer right here on property. We look forward to welcoming you back for your 2nd anniversary!

Best,

Snowmass Mountain Chalet
#9 of 15 in Snowmass Village
4.0 of 5 stars 119 reviews
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#5 of 15 in Snowmass Village
4.0 of 5 stars 234 reviews
St. Moritz Lodge & Condominiums
The St. Regis Aspen Resort

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!