“Best choice in Snowmass” 5 of 5 stars

Sensational Summer, $150
Ranked #1 of 16 hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Tallinn, Estonia
“Best choice in Snowmass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've been many times (more than 10) to Aspen/Snowmass and the Viceroy has been the best stay ever. Very conveniently placed a little away from base village still ski-in/ski-out. The apartments are large and have all utilities to make you feel home, but with all extra amenities a nice hotel can provide. Personnel is very polite and willing to help. The fireplace area is the place to see and be seen in Snowmass. Expensive, but worth for avoiding the very noisy and crowded condos in the area.

Room Tip: It does not matter what side of the hotel you choose the view is nice anyway, although rates are di...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
What a compliment to receive from someone who is so familiar with the area! Thank you very much for such a wonderful review, I am thrilled to learn that we have made such a lasting impression with you and your family during your recent stay. We can’t wait to have you back with us soon!

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We came up to do a run in the mountains and found a room at the Viceroy. We were not familiar with this hotel chain, but we gave it a try. I'm so glad we did! It's a green hotel and they give you a water bottle when you check in. Everyone was so nice and helpful. The rooms are like a little condo. We had a kitchen, den and bedroom. I think this is easily one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. After staying at this hotel we only look for Viceroys when we travel now. I can't wait to stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Welcome to the Viceroy Snowmass and the Viceroy Hotel Group! I am ecstatic to hear that your stay here with us in Snowmass has inspired you to explore our other amazing properties in our portfolio. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your stay. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the mountains very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My boyfriend took me to the Viceroy Snowmass for my birthday weekend. The one bedroom room was perfect, with double-sided fire place and soaking tub. We ate at the in-house restaurant 8K which boasts and exciting and delicious menu. We were greeted by kind and polite people who are clearly pros in the hospitality business. We felt taken care of from arrival to departure. The ski valet is especially convenient and a true luxury. Make sure to have a glass of prosecco in the outside hot tub. Nothing could be better!

• Stayed February 2013
Happy Birthday!! I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful birthday weekend while staying with us at the Viceroy Snowmass. I could not agree with you more about experiencing out slope side and pool side area, Nest, while relaxing in one of our hot tubs with some celebration bubbles! Perhaps we can become part of your annual birthday celebration! We look forward to welcoming in another year with you shortly.

Warmest Regards,

London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms beautiful, clean & well serviced. Ski valet & "free" shuttle service excellent. But the unadvertised $30/night "resort fee" is a rort & insult when rooms are already quite pricey; it should be rolled into the room charge.

Concierge was hopeless, often not available. They refused to book a restaurant for us, saying that they "knew" it was fully booked. We rang the restaurant ourselves & booked a table easily.

The 8K Restaurant was nice, but the greeter arrogant. We were initially refused a table as they were "fully booked" because "we're the only nice place in town to eat so everyone comes here". They found us a table due to a "cancellation" anyway; the restaurant never went over half full.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback on your recent visit with us. I apologize that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations as we strive to create the most positive experiences possible. It is only through such input that we can continue to improve so as to ensure the ongoing satisfaction for our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can further assist in any way.

Best,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My first stay at a Viceroy was the Viceroy Anguilla. It was lovely! Very spacious, and great amenities. For that reason, I had high hopes for the Viceroy Snowmass. From the exterior, it looks a lot like The Peaks in Telluride, but it is new of course. I booked a 2 bedroom residence at $2150 a night. The residence is a small suite. It is a crowded space for 4 people. Fortunately, I am with family. I have stayed at many of the condo complexes in Snowmass at significantly lower prices. Given the size of this "residence," I would not stay here again. Yes, it is newer, and has higher end finishes, but what good is that if your party is crowded into a small space. Lesson learned, I will rent a house or condo next year.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed a few times at hotels that were or are part of the Viceroy chain, so I knew what to expect and as always they delivered. I was lucky to be here for Thanksgiving, when was still quieter and the beginning of ski season.

The hotel is still quite new, and tastefully decorated, cozy and not very posh. I had a studio, and though the bedroom itself was a bit smaller than other mountain hotels I stayed in (but still nicely sized), the bathroom was awesome, with a large tub and great shower, with lovely full sized bath products. The room was tended twice a day, and it was great to get back at night with the humidifier replenished and on (it was a bit noisy, but much needed in dry Colorado).

I had breakfast every day at the hotel (delicious food, huge portions!), and dined a few times in the restaurant, and really enjoyed the service and friendliness of the staff. The food here is better than in a few of the fancier restaurants in Aspen, though the menu is relatively short, and the wines on the list were really good, even by the glass.

The ski valet at this hotel is the best I ever had. Super friendly and very knowledgeable, they tuned my rentals quite well and always helped putting the gear on. My special thanks to the manager and the young folks who help him around. Ski in/out facilities are heaven for a beginner!

The hotel is quite close to Aspen airport (only 7 miles), and quite convenient to the base of the mountain. The hotel offers shuttles and the free bus to Aspen is 5 minutes away. Snowmass is the best resort for beginners in the Aspen mountain compound, but as mentioned by others there is limited shopping and eateries in the nearby mall (which anyway closes early), which means that you will likely be going to Aspen village or drive around to look for some action, and at least by bus it's a half hour bus.

I'd definitely stay here again when I come back to this area. Though it's nice to enjoy the village of Aspen, I 'd not fancy getting up earlier and driving or getting a shuttle to ski in Snowmass. Even in the summer, this is closer to the good bike trails and the landscape is breathtaking.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for a nicer view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Welcome back to the Viceroy Snowmass! I am delighted to hear that you are familiar with our brand and have experienced some of the other properties in our portfolio! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about how much you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer! Perhaps we will be able to welcome you back for another round of skiing before the season comes to a close.

Warm Regards,

Buenos Aires
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was there just having a cocktail at the bar and looking around the facilities of this rather new place in Snowmass, which included a visit to two of the appartments, and I should say I was impressed by the hospitality of all people I met there, as well as for the good taste on the decoration. It has all the features that a ski in and out has to have!

Room Tip: Ask for a view to the ski trails offering also the sunset
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am so happy that you were able to come in and experience our restaurants and view some of our well appointed rooms while on property. We would love to have to opportunity to welcome you to the Viceroy Snowmass for your next visit to the area so that you are able to experience even more of what we have to offer!

Hugh Templeman

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!