“Watch out for the add on's!” 4 of 5 stars

Complimentary Nights
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Snowmass Village
GreenLeadersGold level
Paris, France
“Watch out for the add on's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This resort is in a beautiful location right on the ski slopes.
We came to see the fall foliage and got lucky, especially up Maroon Bell's in Aspen.
We were fortunate to get a rate of 112$ per night for a studio but by the time we added tax, an unwarranted resort charge of 15$/night for services we did not need and 15$/night for parking things were beginning to get out of hand. Perhaps the real killer were the prices in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Great if you are rich and it's ski season but perhaps it would have been better to stay in Aspen...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMViceroySnowmass, General Manager at Viceroy Snowmass, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback about your most recent visit to the Viceroy Snowmass. I apologize that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations as we strive to create the most positive experiences possible. It is only through such input that we can continue to improve so as to ensure the ongoing satisfaction of our guests. I can assure you that any charges applicable are outlined in our confirmation letter and on our website. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Hugh Templeman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We spent the weekend in Snow Mass so we could capture the fall foliage. Apparently there are some great local rates to be had, which are applicable to all residents who have a CO driver's license. We weren't privy to this offer, but I overheard people discussing it and heard the price is very competitive.
We loved the room and were pleasantly surprised by the high end finishes. Slab granite counters in the kitchenette. Nespresso machine. Sub-zero fridge. Gorgeous dishes and silverware. A nice gas fireplace to relax in front of at night. Beautiful mosaic tile in the tub. And the tub was deep and very high end. The beds were extremely comfortable and quality of sleep was sublime.
The staff were all very friendly and outgoing. Valet guys are all amicable and willing to go the extra mile if needed. I give it a 4/5 purely because the hotel prioritized the top dogs first when it came to service, seating, etc. I experienced this a few times: in the lobby, getting room service, getting a table at the restaurant. I'm clearly not a high-roller, so I was occasionally asked if I could wait a moment or two or three while someone 'bigger' than me was catered to. Even if I was first or already in the process of being helped. Not a huge deal in the least, as that's the nature of a hotel of this caliber. But it might be off-putting to some.
I would definitely return and I highly recommend this place, particularly for a romantic get away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review and comments from your most recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass. It sounds like you had a wonderfully appointed room and I am delighted to hear that you were able to truly enjoy it. We hope that you were able to enjoy the amazing scenery and fall foliage while you were here! We look forward to welcoming you back to experience another season in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

eastham, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Big bed, beautiful studio, gorgeous bathroom fireplace ...amazing view couldn't have asked for a better getaway..just too short restaurant was excellent too, didn't visit the spa or pool but they looked amazing, hotels was exceptional I will be back

• Stayed September 2012
It sounds like you chose a beautiful time of year to come visit us at the Viceroy in Snowmass Village! I am delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy your view and our well appointed rooms. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us, we hope that you can stay longer during your next visit!

Best,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just spent a weekend at the Viceroy Snowmass and wish it could have been longer. Will certainly return.
The design and amenities are incredible. The architecture is on par with other 5-star properties such as Amangani, and you will be in heaven if you are into that mountain-inspired-yet-ultra-modern style. Our suite was gorgeous and the entire hotel was immaculate.
Amazingly, the price was very reasonable for the Aspen area (during low season).
Service was fantastic. Places like this struggle to find the right balance between snobby and casual, but they've got it right here. I generally look like a little raggedy but was treated with courtesy by everyone.
Trying to think of negatives, but am at a loss. Maybe the pool is a little small, and there was no early breakfast option, but really, this place is quite good.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you can. They're beautiful and functional. The _25 rooms are really nice and aw...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about your recent stay with us here at the Viceroy Snowmass! I am happy to hear that our well appointed rooms and amenities have made a lasting impression on you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Viceroy, hopefully this time for a longer stay!

All the Best,

Littleton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The actual hotel property is very nice. It's clean, it's pretty, it's really cool. HOWEVER, as a Colorado native, I'm no stranger to seeing what I call getting the "out-of-town" treatment in these mountain towns. The staff is RUDE, and they will flat out lie to you. After all, what do they care? You're just an out-of-town rube who is there to be "nickel and dimed" into the ground for a bunch of added charges. If you really want a treat, try talking to the rude front desk staff. WOW !! Do yourself a favor - stay at a small operation in Aspen. There are a number of small lodges in Aspen that will treat you like a human.

Room Tip: Go to Aspen
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us at the Viceroy Snowmass left you feeling like an “out of towner” and that your experience with our front desk staff was less then desired. As a resort location, nearly all of our guests are not from the area so I can assure you any discrepancy in service was just an error on our part.
I want to thank you very much for taking the time to give us your constructive feedback and I apologize that we were not able to fulfill all your expectations as we strive to create the most positive experiences possible. It is only through such input that we can continue to improve so as to ensure the ongoing satisfaction of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We are hooked on the outstanding service rendered at the Viceroy Snowmass. The service is impeccable! From the moment we arrived the personal attention to our needs from the staff was evident. We arrived late in the evening after our drive in from Denver International. The front desk staff could see that I had a long day and proceeded to expedite my check-in quickly.It took less than five minutes for the check-in to be concluded and our bags were out of car and on the way to the room. The room is very comfortable and well appointed. This is and will be our hotel of choice in Snowmass for many years to come! The Linger Longer rate (3 nights for the price of 2) is awesome! The EightK restaurant's food was exellent. We enjoyed breakfast and dinner!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that you are “hooked” on the Viceroy Snowmass! I have shared your comments with my staff and am so proud of them to hear that our level of service has surpassed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Viceroy in the very near future; hopefully you will be able to take further advantage of our upcoming deals for the winter season to check out the newest creations in 8K for breakfast and dinner! Thank you for writing such a wonderful review.

Warm Regards,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed an extra night in Snowmass after finishing the Ragnar Relay and our experience could not have been better! The front desk staff was helpful and courteous and valet was exceptional! They were great about picking us up from our condo and bringing us to the hotel...all of our coolers, bags and gear! Our room was clean and well stocked. The spa was fantastic! It wasn't a huge one but it had a hot plunge to relax before our treatments and the customer service was excellent. My treatment was great and my massage therapist was very sweet. We also ate breakfast at 8K - I recommend the fresh fruit and granola with yogurt - fantastic! We were torn between staying at Little Nell in Aspen or here and we are very glad we stayed at Viceroy. Hope to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It delights me to hear that the Viceroy Snowmass has far exceeded your expectations and that you chose to stay an extra night in Snowmass with us! It sounds as though you had a most wonderful and relaxing time during your visit to our spa and a most delicious breakfast in our signature restaurant, 8K. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us! We truly hope to welcome you and your husband back to the Viceroy very soon.

Best,

Hugh Templeman

Been to Viceroy Snowmass? Share your experiences!