“Add To Your Must Do List” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Krabloonik is the fascinating and woinderful combination of wilderness dog sledding and elegant fine fine dining at an authentic and extensive log cabin. Celebrate the wild!
Cockeysville, MD
3 attraction reviews
“Add To Your Must Do List”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

My 9 year old son had been looking forward to the sledding experience at Krabloonik for months. We arrived for our 10:00 ride around 9:30 in order to have a little extra time to visit with the dogs. We were welcomed warmly and invited to walk around the kennels while the mushers cared for their dogs. To the average dog owner they would seem thin but our musher explained that they are athletes and their bodies reflect this similar to a human athletic body type. After a quick and informative video we were loaded into the sled.

I highly recommend Evan if you are able to request a musher. He was fantastic with my son. He had interesting stories about the Colorado scenery and dog sledding. The highlight of our trip was him teaching my child how to mush. My son rode on the back of the sled and gave voice commands to the dogs. He learned the basics of mushing and it was the experience of a lifetime for him. Yes, it is expensive (what in the Aspen/Snowmass area isn't?) but worth saving for!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great fun...stay as long as you want playing with the dogs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We had been dogsledding before in Canada but the runs at Krabloonik were much better. You can stay as long as you like afterwards visitng the almost 300 dogs and puppies they have on the property. My only suggestion would be to have someone available at some point during the run to snap a photo. The manager, Guy, was great!

Johnsburg, New York
16 attraction reviews
“My favorite restaurant in Snowmass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a superb restaurant if you like game. I did not do the dig sleds myself.

Colorado City, Colorado
“Beautiful experience, mixed personal feelings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I did the sled ride this afternoon with my 2 young kids and thought the experience was truly beautiful and exciting. The one thing I will say is that I felt sorry for the dogs only because of the way I saw the guides(sled drivers) handling them after the trip as they picked them from the hanses and trie dot get them back to the secure area where they all 'live'......it was mixed feelings because I am aware they are working dogs and need a more controlled treatment in order to protect the safety of the clients coming but one begins to wonder how these dogs are truly treated....they do sleep outside have little huts as I call them that they can go into but after reading a few reviews on mistreatment I am beginning to feel weary although my kids wanted to do it again and so do I.....feelings aside it was a lot of fun and the meal was fantastic....but I am an animal lover and just hope that the dogs are treated well....it would be disgraceful if this was otherwise.

Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great scenery, nice tour...not worth the cost...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I came to Aspen on our honeymoon this past week, and my husband wanted to surprise me with a fun and unique experience that we wouldn't be able to do just anywhere. He worked with the concierge at the St. Regis to book this event. We were both very eager, until we learned the day of, that the cost was $340 PER PERSON...not couple. And this didn't include our transportation to or from the tour, nor did it include alcohol during the meal or gratuity. They require a 24 hr. cancellation, so we were stuck. We are in our early 30's, live in the city of Chicago, and are fairly used to spending a few hundred dollars on a dinner or evening out..... but getting a bill for $700...and then being asked to tip an additional 20% seems ridiculous to me.

On a good note, our musher was great, and the sled ride was nice. The dinner was okay, however, our driver from the St. Regis arrived at 7:30 on time (sled ride was at 3:30pm)...and the meal hadn't come out yet. We had to get it packed up to go, and didn't even get dessert. We left without tipping either the musher nor the server and we felt horrible...as they both worked hard, but weren't able to reak any benefits of this. I would skip this, unless you have a very NICE size disposable income.

Dillons from Chicago