“very comforting stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Dallavalle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silverton
Villa Dallavalle
1257 Blair Street, Silverton, CO 81433   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Silverton B&B and Inns
santa fe
“very comforting stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed 8/3 while driving 650 mile solo motorcycle jaunt from Santa Fe. I can't say enough good things. These people know how to make a warm welcome. It feels like my own home, only 100 years older. Cozy, inviting, easy going, good breakfast, and the best robes I've ever swathed. Sweet hot tub. No pretense. No problem, and can't wait to stay again. Great music in the Velvet Lounge. There was a loud band playing reggae across the street, but had no problem sleeping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
lisalou63, Manager at Villa Dallavalle, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Hi George
It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us. Thanks for the great review and so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your not far so come see us again.

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at Villa Dallavalle a little over a month ago and had an amazing time. I planned to stay only 1 night but in the morning decided that this place needs another nights' stay. It is really a "home away from home", the owners are amazing, you get the feel that you are so very welcome.
The rooms are very clean and nice, breakfast is freshly made every morning. each morning a different surprise.
I will definitely come back and hope that all those who pass by Silverton will stay here too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hi Lina
The pleasure was all ours!!!! Great to have met you and to have visited with you! Thanks for the review and hope to see you in the future. Best wishes!
Frederick, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The proprietors, Bill & Lisa, were gracious hosts, who made me feel very welcome while I stayed at their B&B for 17 days in early and mid-July preparing for the Hardrock 100 mile race, on July 13-15. They did everything they could to make more than two weeks away from home as comfortable as possible. Lisa made me self-service breakfasts that I could eat before leaving at 6:30 for training runs or trail marking and also was able to accommodate me at the breakfast table on days when I wasn't on the trails at the crack of dawn. That was very gracious of her. They also allowed me space in the refrigerator to store some treats for myself for the evening.

The B&B is filled with family portraits and photographs from the past 100 years, which makes it more inviting and homey as well. They had family visiting around the 4th of July and were thoughtful enough to include me and another runner from England who was also a long-term guest in some of their family's activities. That was very kind of them and not at all expected. They made the two of us dinner on our last night in Silverton, which was very touching. They're great people, with the ideal personalities to work in a business that requires lots of interaction with strangers in what is an extension of their home.

If you're looking for lush appointments, Villa Dallavalle is not for you. The rooms are the original size from the 19th century, with en suite facilities added later, so the rooms are small and spare by modern standards, but when you're in the beautiful San Juan Mountains, why would you spend much time in your room? As a concession to modernity, they do have reliable wireless internet throughout, so I was able to stay in touch and upload many photographs for people back home to ooh-and-aah over. I also enjoyed the hot-tub on several occasions as well.

I have already alerted Bill & Lisa that I hope to come back in 2014 for another Hardrock and would love to stay with them again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the building are farthest away from the street to reduce noise and have win...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hi Brian
So glad that you had a chance to stay with us for the hard rock 100. It was truley a pleasure for us as well. By the time you left I felt like you were family. Thanks for the kind words and looking forward to seeeing you in 2014. But remember you don't have to wait that long to come back.
Cheers and best wishes.
denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and our puppy stayed at the Villa Dallavalle on a zero day break from hiking the Colorado trail. The beds were comfortable, and the side yard is a great place to relax. Convenient location to the main drag.

Lisa, the owner of the hotel was very gracious to two stinky through hikers, plus dog :) We would surely come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I were staying in Lake City, Colorado for a couple of weeks in early July 2012 for off-road jeeping and hiking adventures. On one of the off-road adventures, we were detoured to Silverton due to inclement weather (and a yellow-bellied wife)! My husband got us a room at the Villa Dallavalle for the night! What a Godsend! When I walked in, we were met with a warm atmosphere and sweet service. They were preparing to set out the wine and cheese for the usual 5:00pm treat. It was wonderful! I took pictures of every room I could! The Villa Dallavalle is so quaint! Our room was very pretty and very comfortable. The view from our window was of the old time shops across the way and the mountains behind them! The comradery with the other guests and the owners was delightful! My husband and I made use of the hot tub, which was an unexpected treat! Breakfast was fabulous! We both strongly encourage you to stay here! We fully intend on coming back next time we visit Colorado!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
lisalou63, Manager at Villa Dallavalle, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thanks so much for the wonderful review, we enjoyed having you and visiting with you.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

In summary I had a fantastic stay and fully recommend staying here with the amazing Lisa and Bill as yours hosts. It is a very quaint central location with parking, hot tub and living area.
I stayed at the Villa Dallavalle for 2 weeks in July 2012. I was in Silverton for the annual Hard Rock 100 run and spent the first couple of weeks acclimatising. Lisa and Bill the owners were amazing , making feel at home, starting the day with a pot of coffee from 0600 onwards followed by a great breakfast typically of fresh fruit followed by eggs and bacon, or breakfast muffins.
The rooms are original size but with a bathroom and are very comfortable. There is a garden area with picnic table and hammocks to relax in after your dip in the hot tub whilst taking in views of the surrounding mountains.
The 5pm wine and cheese is a welcome luxury before dinner. Most restaurants in Silverton shut fairly early so be sure to eat early too.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
lisalou63, Manager at Villa Dallavalle, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
It was so great to have you and Brian here for your hard rock 100 run. We truly are your American family now. So that means you have to come back and visit. Thanks for the greAt review.
Cheers!
El Jebel, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My brother-in-law wanted to celebrate his birthday and retirement (after 45 years of teaching high school music and, especially, American history) in the beautiful and historic town of Silverton, Colorado. I researched the options online and found the Villa Dallavalle for the in-laws, my spouse, and myself. We booked The Suite which afforded us two lovely adjoining rooms--Special Events and School Room--at a very reasonable price in a hundred-year old building. We were completely charmed from the start.

First of all, co-owner Nancy graciously allowed us to stow our suitcases and instruments while we rode the Durango/Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad back up to town. When the train arrived, it was a quick half-block walk to the B&B where our rooms were ready and waiting. My sister-in-law was having trouble with the altitude. Lisa and Bill, daughter and son-in-law of the owners, were very gracious about her difficulties and allowed her to rest in her room well beyond the check-out time so her spouse could tour the town. What hospitality!

The rooms are beautifully decorated in period antiques and Silverton memorabilia. The beds were especially comfortable. The wine and cheese hour was hosted by the original owners' grandson Gerald Swanson--a font of Silverton history. Breakfast was delicious and we really enjoyed the conversation with other guests.

While we were there, Bill was working hard to complete a beer garden next door to the B&B. It was to be open by mid-summer. We plan to return to Silverton and enjoy the new beer garden, the excellent hospitality, and the entire Swanson family again soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming. Some are a little bigger than others. Each has its own bathroom. Sche...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Villa Dallavalle? Share your experiences!