“Great happy hour !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Silverton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: It may be considered a bar, but serve VERY good food! Good specialty drinks. Mollie, the Hostess was extremely kind!
“Great happy hour !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Silverton and wanted to have happy hour. This place had great reviews and it lived up to every bit of it! The drinks were fresh and exciting. Not the same old same old. Loved it!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Edwards, Mississippi
“Fresh squeezed, Organic drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

On our Summer vacation, my husband and I took a trip to Silverton. For some reason Montanya's really stuck out to us. The service was great and the drinks were fresh! The waitress fresh squeezed all juices for the drinks, very organic, and awesome! We had Smoked Trout Dip as an appetizer, fantastic choice! We will be back! There was an observation deck at the top which was a treat! Awesome view!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Farmington, New Mexico
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went here after riding up on the train and it was a hidden gem. We sat at the bar and Cathy explained all the different drinks she was making. Everything was so fresh; the fruit the herbs the juice....everything she made I wanted to try! Unfortunately I can't handle that much alcohol :) The drinks I did have were amazing. The Thai Boxer and Lavender Lemonade are a must. My husband even liked them and he never drinks rum!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phoenix, Arizona
“Stunning views in Silverton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stop in for a refreshing cocktail in Silverton and enjoy some delicious handcrafted cocktails. When I walked in the bartender DeAnne was making fresh lavender syrup so I just had to try a lavender lemonade made with their own distilled rum. It was great. The building has been lovingly restored and the 3rd story rooftop deck allows you to see all of main street and the surrounding mountains. Stop in, have a drink and enjoy the fresh mountain air.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A Rum Drinkers Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I love rum and was totally surprised to find a rum "bar" in Silverton, CO of all places. Unfortunately, I found Montanya's after filling up on a bison burger at another eatery that day. Fortunately, I was planning on returning to Silverton by way of the Durango to Silverton NG train in two days. A stop at Montanya's was on my agenda! I made the trek further up Main Street than most train folk bother (more later) to Montanya's and had one of the best experiences of my week long SW Colorado road trip. Brandon our bar keep, was very up front about Montanya's distillery part of the business right away. He told us that the distilling is now done at Montanya's in Crested Butte, CO. Shoot, I just was in Crested Butte and didn't see a Montanya's there. Sadly, irreconcilable differences between Montanya's and the local government also prevented me from purchasing some bottles of rum for myself and as gifts for a few other rum lovers I know. They no longer have a package store license. These disappointments aside, my friend and I enjoyed four different rum drinks (two each) that were all delicious. There were subtle mixes of mint, ginger, blueberries, etc. in my friend's drinks and I enjoyed the Rio de Janiero and coconut Mojito. Delicious! Brandon was a meticulous mixologist and provided pleasant conversation.

Montanya serves "Tapas" and not full meals but as we were there over lunch (it's five o'clock somewhere, right?) we decided to try the smoked Rocky Mountain rainbow trout dip and the elk empanadas to share. Oh my, what a wonderful meal we had. Both dishes were exceptional. I love a good smoked fish dip but was a little leery about the use of trout. It was not overpoweringly "fishy" as I thought it could be. I don't typically eat trout. The dip had just the right combinations of smoke and trout flavors. The portion was more than enough for the two of us. We chose the torilla chips over the crackers to enjoy the dip. The empanadas (four) were to die for! The pastry was light and flaky unlike most empanadas I've had. The elk was perfectly seasoned. The horseradish dip was just the right accompaniment. If ww were weren't so full, we would have ordered a second round of empanadas. We left Montanya very happy and very satisfied!

Montanya's atmosphere is the right combination of contemporary and mountain beauty. Original paintings of the local mountains adorn the exposed brick walls. It was a nice change from all of the rustic and antique-filled eateries.

Whether you take the train or drive into Silverton, I highly recommend that you walk a few blocks further along Main Street and give Montanya's a try. The restaurants the train conductors suggest for lunch are crowded and noisy. Montanya's is an unexpected experience with great food and drink and a rooftop deck to enjoy the views. I can't wait for the opportunity to return.

BTW, I found Montanya's Platino and Oro rums at a liquor store in Durango.

• Visited May 2014